Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Save the Village Pub, NY - 2/28

Posted by johnhampson 

Save the Village Pub, NY - 2/28
February 26, 2008 02:52PM
MEDIA ALERT - MEDIA ALERT - MEDIA ALERT

Tuesday February 26th, 2008 (Port Jefferson, NY) -- Please join us this Thursday February 28th at 7:30pm sharp as we petition the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce at City Hall to help us keep live music alive in Suffolk County and on Long Island in general ? DON?T LET THEM CLOSE THE VILLAGE PUB FOR GOOD!!!

We simply can?t let The Village Pub end up like My Fathers Place, The Downtown and countless other live music establishments who have been forced out of business over the past 20 years.

The venue is notorious for helping Nine Days, the #1 hit makers who brought the world "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)", local legends who called the Pub home for many years before and after going national.

?The Village Pub was and really still is like a second home to us and our fans. It would be quite a sad day to see it go? said Brian Desveaux, singer/songwriter and guitarist in the band

The Village Pub also holds a special place in many other musicians? and music lovers? hearts; don't let the politicians impose their will upon you, the public. Stand up for your love of the cultural history of Port Jefferson and let the board know they are making a terrible mistake on Thursday February 28th at 7:30pm.

Democracy in action is the most poignant impression you can leave to have your voice be heard. Please come support this important cause!!

WHO: Elected officials of Port Jefferson, fans of the Port Jefferson Village Pub

WHAT: Meeting regarding The Village Pub and it's current status as closed and the refusal of the city to allow the club to open for business

WHEN: Thursday February 28th, 7:30pm sharp

WHERE: Port Jefferson Village Hall, 121 West Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777 (631)473-4724
###

For more information or public relations inquiries, please call Rick Eberle at 516-729-6872 or email rick@popcore.net
Re: Save the Village Pub, NY - 2/28
February 26, 2008 03:18PM
I thought the Village Pub closed a few years ago? I thought I remembered it being turned into a bar with a beach theme at one point...they had sand on the bars and such...hmm.

~lori~
February 27, 2008 12:11AM
It was the VP then changed to a disco type place.. and then to a biker bar. But then I heard it got shut down due to selling booze to minors.

Lets all pool our money together and buy the bar!!!! But keep the same crappy sound system to aggravate John.

COMON!!!!!!
February 27, 2008 04:27AM
yeah i passed it the other day and it was still the boarded up harley and hunnies or whatever it was so wtf
February 27, 2008 05:13AM
yeah i got that email too...

i would totally go, but we're going to see brian.

rachel......
February 28, 2008 03:55PM
This isn't VP South is it?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
February 29, 2008 04:33AM
VP South is in Amityville...

~lori~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π