Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Desveaux Update

Posted by bddesveaux 

Desveaux Update
September 29, 2008 05:30AM
Well since Jonny did a update I guess I should Ha Ha
As most of you know I have moved to Nashville.
After 6 awesome years living in the greatest city of the world I found I hit a wall.
Ninedays slowing down,losing our deal, a failed relationship, a brief stint of success writing Jingles (Play Laugh Grow...Fisher Price...yeah that was me ) and the usual finacial mess everyone goes through, I saw Nashville as the land of opportunity
I probably should have come here a long time ago
I miss NYC more than you can imagine! Every day my life was a Seinfeld episode.But after growing up hearing country music from my Dad through life, and watching corny shows like the Dukes of Hazard and Hee Haw, I feel right at home here in da south haha
To me Nashville is the last city making records, and country (which is basicly pop rock now) is the last type of music where people are still buy records.
And country chicks are damn hot! I spent the summer touring with Miranda Lambert doing country fests ,an Dang!
I live in a huge house in Franklin Tennessee with 2 producer/songwriters
There are talented artists an writers coming an going through the doors all week long. oh... and we play wiffle ball in the house! I've written more songs since march than I have in my whole career. Paul our good friend who recorded Monday songs, Slow Motion Life ,most of my solo work ,and is mixing Johns new record is building a huge amazing recording studio in the basement. It's gonna rock when it's finished!
So my plan here is first, to get some of my songs recorded by anyone who will at this point haha I'm real close, ya'll will be the first to know.Getting a Cut is what they call it down here, da lingo
At the same time Im molding a new sound for myself and will eventually work on Brian Desveaux the artist. It will be some sort of country direction, but will of course be pop rock connected
We'll see what happens
I've got like 25 new songs and a bit still finishing
I myself have no plans to do a record, at least not yet,but everyday I start a song and a lot of them are not country, they're Ninedays ish songs
so a Ninedays record is not too far off i'd say
Maybe when the studio is finished I'll get the boys down here to music city and we'll bang a record out in a week!
Ya'll know I post new demos now and then on my myspace so keep looking for that
I miss my friends and family in New York but I've met some great new friends here in Nash.....Everyday and night there's music being played live everywhere, from noon till the early night hours. Its been a blast so far and it's only gonna get better!
I'm also back in the wine business( Mallory Lane Wines) We taste wine all day, listen to music an sell a few bottles in between. My co-workers are all musicians and songwriters, good times indeed
I'm gonna start doing songwriter circles again soon round town I'll let ya'll know so if anyone's close you can come rock out yo!
I will also put a band together soon, I know a lot of very talented musicians down here, so soon as I get this sound happening there will be some live shows
Ya'll will be the first to know when one of my songs get cut so stay tuned
I'll see yas in Albany!
B

Post Edited (09-29-08 15:09)
Re: Desveaux Update
September 29, 2008 09:15AM
Nice to hear about the new direction of your life... glad to hear you are creating new stuff. Sounds like a good plan finishing the studio and get the NineDays gang to come and record some new songs (if you say some of the songs have the NineDays sound in them, there is no reason to fight it, right?), although every new tune is good.

just wanted to say to you and everyone here - 'Shana Tova', have a great new year and lots of good music.

Post Edited (09-30-08 11:03)
September 30, 2008 01:18AM

the rantings of a madman.
September 30, 2008 01:51AM
Brian or the Jewish guy?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 30, 2008 02:02AM
i guess he ment me (the jewish guy)... indeed a madman.
September 30, 2008 06:29AM
I would consider naming my band Brian or the Jewish Guy.

Thanks for the update Brian --Sounds like you're living in an unfeasibley awesome household! Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

October 01, 2008 01:30PM
Devil Pudding wrote:

> I would consider naming my band Brian or the Jewish Guy.
>
>
> Thanks for the update Brian --Sounds like you're living in an
> unfeasibley awesome household! Looking forward to hearing the
> new stuff.
>
>

it's a pretty sick house saw it in July ,when Paul(guy who owns the house) is done with the studio it'll be even sicker.
October 14, 2008 03:05AM
Hey Brian,

How about doing a cover version of the Dukes of Hazzard theme song!

"Just a good ol' boys...never meaning no harm...someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will."
October 15, 2008 07:22AM
Brian, you ought to listen to and tour with the Avett Brothers from North Carolina at some point.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π