ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

who is in England

Posted by starrlight 

who is in England
October 11, 2008 01:26AM
my husband just told me within the next few years he wants to move to England.

What is England like? Are there many teaching jobs for a math/science teacher (me)?
my husband is a chef...is there work available there?
whats the economy like?

help!
Tracy

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
Re: who is in England
October 11, 2008 06:06AM
right now, sterling (the currency) is worth roughly twice the dollar, however the financial climate is much the same of what you're going through in the states along with the 'credit crunch' etc. You'd have to make sure you're qualified to teach in the UK, if you wanted to teach in a normal school you'd most likely have to do a year course to learn how to teach the english way, and every school (public or private) answers to the government the tests are standardized (ie its the same essay question and the essays are sent off to an independent adjudicator and graded) There may be a way to get around that though but it would definitely be something to look into. There are programs that might bring teachers over to the UK i'd look for something like that.

There are chef jobs everywhere, it depends on where you'd want to live really, and what type of school you want your baby to go to etc.

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π