Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who would like the albums in MP3?

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Who would like the albums in MP3?
June 11, 2003 09:22PM
Hello everyone,

As you may or may not be aware, the 'So Happily Unsatisfied' album is sitting for download on a web site I'm in charge of (see Links section on www.ninedaysmusic.com) and seems to be doing well with about 2-5 downloads of the entire album a day!

Well, due to bandwidth/storage limitations on there, I can't put the other albums (Monday Songs, Three) on there but I may have a suggestion/solution. My machine at home is on an ADSL connection (512kbps down, 256kbps up) and running an apache web server, so I could host the songs on my home machine. Unfortunately, my machine isn't up 24/7 and would only have a maximum throughput of 32k a second, but at least it would give people and opportunity to grab songs one at a time and build the albums up slowly.

What do you think? Is something better than nothing, or would a 'flakey' server just be a pain?

Of course, for those of you that haven't realised, you can grab almost all the Nine Days songs from the file sharing service, Kazaa! But don't use the normal version, it has lots of spyware/adware - get the Lite version from http://www.kazaalite.tk/ - it has all the features but none of the hassle.

Richard.

Re: Who would like the albums in MP3?
June 12, 2003 01:44AM
so what does that mean in english? the songs would take a long time to d/l, yes? might still be a good plan.
June 12, 2003 09:11AM
songs would take a long time and wouldn't be available sometimes (because the machine isn't on all the time). I have the albums, so I won't say yes or no, but just wait until you get some real interest before deciding.

Cheran
---
Qui a besoin d'un coeur quand un coeur peut ?tre cass
June 12, 2003 07:44PM
Well, I thought I'd try it anyway since I had nothing better to do last night. The albums "Three" and "Monday Songs" are now also available through the link 'h2oeurope.com' in the Links section.

It's not a stable or fast server, but at least it's somewhere for people to get the older songs from when it's alive.

So Happily Unsatisfied is still on the stable/fast server so there won't be any problems getting the new album.

Enjoy!

Rich.

PS. If anyone wants to help out with the server, I need the songs from 'Something to listen to'...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π