Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

(OT)One for the guys.

Posted by Sketch01 

(OT)One for the guys.
March 11, 2004 01:36AM
Dear technical support.....

About 18 months ago I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these 2 products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as Ladsnightout 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9 Service Pack 2. Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had too many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these 2 systems detected each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancee 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be further upgraded to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with Freesexplus and Cleanhouse 2004.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic diary, explorer and email filter and can, without warning, launch Turbostrop and Whinge. These latter products have no Help files and I have to guess what the problem is. Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring Shoeshop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be installed every other week. Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome childprocesses that drain my resources. These conflict with some of the new games I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation.

Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called Motherinlaw which cannot be turned off. Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2004, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2004 because you don't install it correctly, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

What do you suggest ??

Post Edited (03-11-04 10:39)
Re: (OT)One for the guys.
March 11, 2004 01:39AM
I have read that and variations of that for a while. Every time it cracks me up.

Im sure you are going to get some females responding..THATS NOT TRUE!! THAT IS SEXIST!! and other lies...

Yes, it rocks!
March 11, 2004 01:45AM
I'm hoping they'll see the funny side, mate.

And/or make up a guy version.

yawning smileyS

March 11, 2004 01:51AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 11, 2004 02:06AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 11, 2004 02:37AM
thats funny ;o) except for the slapper 2.1 part... that part is sad. but i know the whole thing was a joke... *dies*

i wish i had enough consentration right now to make up the boyfriend one...

March 11, 2004 03:42AM
that's not true! this is sexist!... and that's why it's friggin' funny.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π