Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!

Posted by Bones45 

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!
April 08, 2004 06:45AM
Game 1 in Florida tonight..

Good Lord...Florida has hockey. That is just wrong. Even more wrong is the fact that they were in first place.

Peca, Blake, Scatch, Aucoin, Jonsson, Hamr,

HOW CAN WE LOSE?

(and yet I think we will)
Re: LETS GO ISLANDERS!!
April 08, 2004 07:00AM
Yo Bones,
Yeah, there's a good chance that this whole Tampa thing will come back down to reality tonight. They didn't look like a 1st place team the last time I saw then in Nassau.
On the other hand I saw the 1st period of the Av's/Stars game last night, I'm not sure the Isles can skate with those guys.
So far I have seats for game 6. If it goes that far I'll meet you downstairs...I'm buying!

April 08, 2004 07:09AM
game 6?

If there is one, that is a SATURDAY!!

Which means that we'll be playing hockey and drinking beer in the parking lot, tailgating....

ALL DAY!!!!!

BE READY!!!!!!
April 08, 2004 07:17AM
i know you're excited about the islanders and all,

but how 'bout them YANKEES !!!

whooo 3-1 over the white socks baby!!!

*~katie~*
April 08, 2004 07:31AM
this is an islanders thread...

keep baseball out of here!
April 08, 2004 08:51AM
Seeing as this is probably gonna be the only time I ever say anything about hockey on this board, can i go completely off topic and tell you that my local team just got to national playoff finals! Woohoo. I dunno exactly what that means, but it sounds good. Go 'Guildford Flames'!!!!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 08, 2004 10:09AM
Yeah! Playing hockey and drinking......uh, diet Coke....All Day!!!

April 08, 2004 11:11AM
fine scott, ill take my yankee lovin elsewhere...

*~katie~*
April 08, 2004 01:06PM
RED WINGS THREAD HIJACKING!!!

April 08, 2004 01:40PM
ugh, i hate hockey almost as i hate THE ****ING YANKEES!!!!!! think about it. Congrats, you beat the WHITE SOX!!!!!!!! BIG FRICKIN' DEAL!!!! they are worse than the cubs and will be lucky to be .500 this year.

go buy yourselves some heart....because all the yank players have lost sight of what matters in my opinion. When you have no salary cap and there are other teams out there who couldn't afford some of your ass-wipe players if they put their caps together, you know there is more politics than baseball going on.

congrats, by the way, on buying in on a trip to the playoffs. I hope the Red Sox kick their rich asses in the division final and get some vengence for their loss last year. GO RED SOX!!!!!

sry bout that.....but I got into a debate with a yankee fan this week about this, so i'm still kinda burning off steam.

Post Edited (04-08-04 22:40)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
April 08, 2004 11:33PM

Red Sox have Bill Buckner

Islanders have Eric Cairns

Other than not scoring and giving up 3 goals, they actually played pretty well...If that makes any sense!
April 08, 2004 11:48PM
Alright Scuba....Obviously you do not know that the Cubs have a very good team now! Not that I like them because I'm a full blown Yankee fan. Yes, you are correct it's only the White Sox but after losing to Tampa.....we really needed that win to get on track.
What you should have said is:
Congrats, you beat the WHITE SOX!!!!!!!! BIG FRICKIN' DEAL!!!! they are worse than the "Texas Rangers" and will be lucky to be .500 this year.
Oh, and by the way I think the White Sox could be over .500 this year and they are in a crappy division so they may end up winning the division and making it to the playoffs.
On The Islander note,
I cannot believe what I was watching last night...There was a brick wall in front of the net because they must have had 30 chances to score but just couldn't get a break. I will say this..It wont last because Blake will come back and they will be skating and shooting much better saturday.
Go Isles...........................
April 09, 2004 12:16AM
The Isles totally outplayed Tampa......Tampa totally outplayed Cairns

April 09, 2004 02:24AM
sorry scott i was done with my YANKEE loving here, but it seems as someone wasn't willing to let it go...

whoooa there scuba, i hope you read craigs post b/c it was very well said. First of all its nice that we beat the white socks, but we really did need to win after loosing to FL (we're now #1 in AL East), but it was the home opener! That is important to set the mood for the rest of the season no matter who the fock were playing.

THE YANKEES HAVE MORE HEART THAN ANY OTHER TEAM OUT THERE AND SO DO THEIR FANS DAMN IT!

and ya know its not my fault that the Yankees have historically been one of the best teams ever...if they had always sucked then they wouldnt have that enourmous payroll with the best players, ever hear of rebuilding? i know it seems like it, but we actually haven't won ever world series...it all starts somewhere...

and another thing, those red sox will never ever beat us for the division, and do ya know why? its because they are angry sobs...they hate us because since 1918 we've been one step ahead of them...its easy to hate the best...sure i really don't like those obnoxious sox fans, but you don't see yankee fans walking around with 'red sox suck' and 'pedro sucks, johnny swallows' shirts on do you? no i didn't think so...there will be no reversing the curse

oh and to keep it hockey in here ........
............. GO ISLANDERS !!!!!

*~katie~*
April 09, 2004 02:33AM
1. baseball is boring
2. The Yankees buy their success--LIKE ANY OTHER TEAM WILL DO
3. Any team can be as good as them if they had the cash
4. The Islanders play at 3pm on Sat
April 09, 2004 02:40AM
I love women that love sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife hates it and this is the most horrific time for her.Hockey playoffs every day and Baseball every day. Oh and that San Jose game was great last night and worth staying up for. That series will be brutal so you may want to check it out along with Toronto and Ottawa. Both have been very violent.
Oh and you also don't see the Yankee fans cheer "Red sox suck" during a parade for the Giants or Jets. But I do have a shirt my wife purchased which states"Hey, at least we beat the Red Sox Playoffs 2003" shirt with "The Curse Lives" on the back but I will not wear it because I have more respect than that, but it's a good keepsake. I store it right next to my Aarron Boone signed World Series baseball.

I cannot wait for Blake to come back because he has been a thorn in Tampas spine so he would make a huge difference.

Go Isles...................................................................
April 09, 2004 07:44AM
<<<But I do have a shirt my wife purchased which states"Hey, at least we beat the Red Sox Playoffs 2003" shirt with "The Curse Lives" on the back but I will not wear it because I have more respect than that, but it's a good keepsake. I store it right next to my Aarron Boone signed World Series baseball.>>>

hahaha i love it craig!

and another thing, during the playoffs who started all the riots ??? i do believe it was the sox fans ... sure i was happy the yanks won, but you didn't see me or any yankee fan flipping cars and having flag burnings and whatnot did ya?

GO ISLANDERS !!!

Post Edited (04-09-04 16:45)

*~katie~*
April 10, 2004 09:03AM
Isles 3 Tampa Bay 0

Series Tied 1-1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π