ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cobains Suicide Note

Posted by Bones45 

Cobains Suicide Note
April 05, 2004 11:39PM
Kind of a morbid topic, but I found this on another bands BBS (take one guess who!). I found it interesting...and sad as well...Take a look....(I put in the paragraph breaks, it would have been a pain to read without them)

To Boddah

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand. All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, the ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true.

I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things. For example when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowd begins, it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddy Mercury, who seem to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd, which is somehting I totally admire and envy.

The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I'vetried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do, God believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. I must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasm I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know! I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what I used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miseraable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along and have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess. Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody, baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out then to fade away. Peace, Love, Empathy. Kurt Cobain.

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar

Please keep going Courtney,

for Frances.

for her life will be so much happier

without me. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU
Re: Cobains Suicide Note
April 06, 2004 02:57AM
i've seen this before.
if you search online, they have it in his writing.
it's really disturbing =/
April 06, 2004 03:43AM
i've always wanted to read it, but never have. now i did. interesting. and sad.
April 06, 2004 04:47AM
first time i read it now, its sad sad smiley i saw this special about him yesterday, they also filmed kurt lying there, dead. i couldnt watch it and just turned it off :'(

April 06, 2004 04:52AM
Iv read it before too...it really is errie but i find that morbid kinda stuff interesting....
April 06, 2004 10:41PM
tis rather sad.

although it seems as though it was an inevitability.. like he'd been waiting for the moment to come i guess.

http://www.musiksite.co.uk
April 07, 2004 03:14AM
well there are some believers (i am still unsure.) that he was killed and it wasnt sucide.

they studyed the note and saw that there was two different handwrittings in there, and the one that was not his was near the bottom where it makes it look like a suicide note.

there is good evidence that show that it was not possible for him to do wat he did. i dont want to go to detail cuz i dont know how appropiate it is to be posted here. and im not sure how much of it is factual
but if anyone of u wanna know just go to a search on it and u will see.

NINE DAYS!!
April 07, 2004 10:59PM
kid49ers, I read a huge article about that. Pretty interesting stuff. Not completely sure what I think about it.

Basically it said about the note, that until the Frances/ Courtney bit at the end, it was just a note about him leaving Nirvana. The Frances/ Courtney bit at the bottem was written in a different handwriting style, and that it the only part that mentions death.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 08, 2004 02:04AM

ok it might be me, but i dont see any different handwritings.. maybe the last few sentences but thats it...

April 08, 2004 02:08AM
Also, he signed it Kurt Cobain before the ending sentances which indicated death.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 10, 2004 02:56AM
well what i read may not be true, but they said expert hand writing analyst
or however u spell it, analyzed it and said there where two different handwrittings, and if u guys read what he took before he died, there would be no possible way for him to do wat he did.

anyways im not to sure about it anyways, but if anyone else wants to know more just do a yahoo search.

heres one site u can go to http://www.cobaincase.com/news.htm

and another

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

Post Edited (04-10-04 11:57)

NINE DAYS!!
April 10, 2004 04:50AM
dead is dead..

makes no nevermind now..

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π