ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hoobastank

Posted by scubacayman88 

Hoobastank
May 30, 2004 08:20AM
alrighty, so i just picked up their new album "The Reason" and I must say I am impressed. It got a little more heavy than their last album, but i'm definately diggin' the newer sound. I think my favs on there so far are Same Direction, Out of Control, The Reason (of course) and the bonus track Never Saw it Coming. Check 'em out at www.hoobastank.com and give it a listen

Post Edited (05-30-04 17:23)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Re: Hoobastank
May 30, 2004 08:23AM
I dunno, the reason is pretty good but outta control is a bit hard and weird for me. I liked their last album.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 30, 2004 08:33AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 30, 2004 09:28AM
I've seen them live. They were pretty good.

I do like "The Reason" and "Running Away" but I don't have any of their albums.

~Ryan~
May 30, 2004 10:09AM
ya, out of control takes a while to get used too. I think after listening to it for a while it kinda grew on me, but i still have some problems with the screaming part. w/e man, the rest of the album is pretty good.

Rock on...
Kevin

May 30, 2004 05:59PM
Hmm, I like this band, I have both their albums, but I can't say I like their latest album that much. In my opinion it is a little repetitive, both the songs and the lyrics to the songs. I really love the song, The Reason and Out Of Control is also pretty good, but the rest is a little weak in my opinion.

But... I really love 'Hoobastank', their first album. Remember Me, Crawling In The Dark, Pieces, Running Away, all songs I really love!

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
May 30, 2004 07:13PM
Absolutely love The Reason (the song) and want to buy one of their albums. Which one?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
May 30, 2004 10:11PM
i think the first album sounds really dated now, i lovedit when it came out in 2002 but i can barely bring myself to listen to it now

i love the song the reason and out of control was ok

i think theyve matured quite a bit but i dunno if the whole of the second cd is as good as it could be, but i dont have it so i cant really help ya
May 31, 2004 01:08AM
I think they sound very much like Incubus (a band I think are great)
I like both of their albums equally as much.Should be big here in the UK but alas they are not!
May 31, 2004 01:19AM
May 31, 2004 01:54AM
I don't really think they're too much alike but i can see how some people might think that.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 31, 2004 01:56AM
If you listen to the actual sound they create, the voice and the guitars used, it's very similar, but as regards the music they make, Incubus for the most part are less "radio friendly" with the exception of singles like "Wish You Were Here".
May 31, 2004 01:57AM
I think it sucks that they re-released there album with an extra song on it for pop fans who heard "the Reason" on Top of the Pops, so us people who bought it when it first came out miss out.

Me = peeved

May 31, 2004 10:14AM
I think the only major similarity between Incubus and Hoobastank is their vocals. I do like Incubus too though, not quite as much as Hoobastank however.

Rock on...
Kevin

May 31, 2004 01:40PM
if anyone likes incubus they should try audiovent....the leader singer of audiovent is the brother of the lead singer of incubus

and i love hoobastank..their first album was amazing and second is just about as good....although when i first got it when it came out, i loved the reason, but now that i hear it 10 times a day it sort of lost its touch....but its still an amazing song....

NINE DAYS!!
May 31, 2004 02:16PM
ya, The Reason is way overplayed on the radio around here

Rock on...
Kevin

May 31, 2004 03:03PM
i just got the new album a few days ago and i must say im diggin it, i couldnt stand out of control at first, but its kinda growing on me, i dunno, but damn i LOVE the reason

*~katie~*
May 31, 2004 06:15PM
June 01, 2004 06:41AM
I have Audiovents album.Its cooly titled 'Dirty Sexy Knights in Paris' and yes the singer sounds exactly like Brandon Boyd of Incubus! Excellent band and will go a long way.New material needed though as that album came out a while back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π