ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cars...

Posted by NineDaysRulez 

Cars...
August 03, 2004 04:36PM
I just get my first car a couple weeks ago. Its a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe with a 3.1L V6 engine. I got it for a steal at only $550, but it does need some work but that's something I wanted to do anyway. I have a list of about about $500 of stuff I want to put into that, but I wont get into that yet. I plan on posting some pictures of it for some of my friends who were interested, and I can post the link here if anyone else is into cars. It may not be the new Firebird I wanted, but it is a pretty damn good car for the price and it allows me to not obey the speed limit very well.

Anyways, everyone feel free to post about your first/current car or even just your dream car. Even pictures are encouraged, I'm just in the mood for some good car discussions.

(P.S. - Gotta love how I got a 9 year old car with my own hard earned money and my friend got a brand new WRX on the same day and didn't have to pay a cent)
Re: Cars...
August 03, 2004 04:41PM
well I know nothing about cars really, but i have a 95 grand am too and i love it...its good to me...my first car was a tank...89 chrysler new yorker but i loved that anyway...im wierd

*~Bernadette~*
August 03, 2004 04:48PM
Is it the V6 engine? (It'd have a logo on the front sides just past the doors) If so how fast have you gotten it? I got mine up to 115 (Gotta love having the DNC in town, no cops on traffic patrol anywhere) but I didn't wanna push it much before knowing it better. Also what color is yours? Mine's a bright red.
August 03, 2004 05:17PM
My first car was a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Piece of **** car...

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 03, 2004 09:58PM

Post Edited (08-04-04 06:58)
August 03, 2004 11:41PM

Great

new driver taking their POS cars over 100 mph..

Do me a favor. Stay the hell off Long Island.
August 04, 2004 03:12AM
My first (and current) car's a white 89 Grand Prix. Its become a piece of junk due to age and whatnot, but 3 years ago that car saved my life when I got into my car accident.

~lori~
August 04, 2004 03:26AM
my first car--a midnight blue 94 Saturn-- died tragically over two years ago

now i have a baby blue 92 corolla - including cow seat covers, dashboard fish (promoting adelphi but whatever theyre cute), and a bobble hula dancing scooby in the back.

*~katie~*
August 04, 2004 03:33AM
my first car was a blue 99 saturn SL1
it died 9 months ago when a drunk driver hit me

i now have a 2004 Saturn Ion...silver

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
August 04, 2004 07:37AM
Eh I used to drive my dad's Saturn for the past year and never liked it. It's a 93 SL1 and it's been a complete money pit. He paid $1350 for it and immediately had to put in nearly $1000 in repairs because the head gasket and alternator were gone, and it still has more than it's share of problems. It was a really rough ride too, you could feel every little bump. I do like the Saturn Ions though I would never get one myself.
August 04, 2004 10:36AM
The only car I've really ever driven is my 1997 Green Saturn SL2. It is godly.
August 04, 2004 11:38AM
i started out driving the 'ol used to be family car... '87 mazda 929. i loved that car even though it was LOUD. it was the car i learned to drive in & drove me to school each day. when my family moved they decided it would be too costly to ship it (as the car itself was basically a hunk of junk) so they donated it to a cancer society and got a tax write off. so for a few years i had no car until last april when i got a '01 jetta. and i love him so much, his name is hans & he smells like crayons.
August 05, 2004 05:56AM

My first car. an 86 Red Chevrolet Chevette. God i miss this car. I know everyone hates these things. The smallest made Rear Wheel Drive Chevy ever made. 4 Speed Manual. Standard AM radio. This car holds a special place in my heart. It was stolen and the guy who stole it tore the engine up while having it stuck on some railroad tracks.... So i send the car to a fellow Chevette owner who replaced the engine and is still driving it. I miss it. I would like to revamp another one some day. Chevettes rock!

Post Edited (08-05-04 14:58)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 05, 2004 06:33AM
my car is a mitsubishi mirage, it is teal, i do not know it's year, it was free, it is my first and only car, the inside wreaks of jewish wine until you put the air conditioning on because over a month ago wine bottles broke in my trunk, and, 2 nights ago, some ******* smeared a taco all over the left side of my car (no, it wasnt thrown from a car, but someone actually SMEARED the taco all over it).

and i love it.

p.s. it is referred to as carlos or pablo, whichever is preferred.

Post Edited (08-05-04 15:37)
August 05, 2004 06:36AM
wine bottles in the trunk steph? and jewish whine at that?

I know you know better than that!

Post Edited (08-05-04 15:39)
August 05, 2004 06:39AM
they werent open (no one was drinking in the car), and it was actually like a crate of them that was taped shut as well. but i drive retarded and the bottles broke inside and leaked out of the box. grrr.

and my friend kind of took the crate from his temple. hence it's jewisness.

Post Edited (08-05-04 15:40)
August 05, 2004 06:46AM

You drive retarded?

please explain.
August 05, 2004 07:09AM
i told you steph, they knew that carlos enjoys spanish cuisine so they fed him tacos.
August 05, 2004 08:26AM
jewish wine is disgusing. my roommate made me drink it once and i almost died.

August 05, 2004 09:18AM
my turns are a little fast which made the box swing back and forth in the trunk and therefore the bottles broke. = "retarded"

and yeah colleen it is disgusting. it has like high sugar content, it's gross. one of my friends chugged a whole bottle, i dont know how but its fucking nasty.
August 05, 2004 09:43AM
your turns being a little fast doesn't make your driving retarded, it makes it aggressive. The fact that you are driving mirage, makes high speed turns dangerous, not retarded

Put Stefer in a good handling car, and she becomes an import racer chick, not retarded.
August 06, 2004 06:55PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 07, 2004 04:30AM
Nice Genesis...The Germans, Japanese, and Italians know what they are doing with cars.

Im still waiting for my Ferrari 360.

and waiting...

and waiting...
August 08, 2004 06:55AM
Hehe. Only car I've ever driven (and crashed): Mini Moke. Most fun you'll get from a car. I've been driving it off road in Portugal every summer since I was 8, it's my uncle's and my family always borrow it to use as a holiday car. Looks a little like this:

but ours was red and about 10 years older so it didn't really have much paint left on it anyway. Great air-con yawning smiley). Has a tendancy to break down in cities, and people look at you really strangely when you just hop out and push it down the motorway. It almost beats Katie's cow seat covers for ultimate coolness.

But Alas, the summer days of driving that "car" are gone yawning smiley( My uncle just sold it yawning smiley(

Post Edited (08-08-04 16:13)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 08, 2004 01:09PM
ok since no one else asked who's the girl cleaning the car in the picture???
August 08, 2004 01:51PM

that is a pretty cool car though...
August 08, 2004 07:11PM
I dunno who that girl is. My brother was stupid and deleted all our pics of that car from the camera, so that's just the most fitting pic from google.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 08, 2004 11:22PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π