Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

absolutely (story of a girl) ...

Posted by seanandrews 

absolutely (story of a girl) ...
September 10, 2004 02:53AM
sorry i'm new here, but ...

i'm looking for a radio version of the single "absolutely" ... and i thought i'd ask the fans, first, if one exists (because i can't seem to find any) and sencond, if someone has one would they be willing to sell it?

thanks pholks,

-B
Re: absolutely (story of a girl) ...
September 10, 2004 03:58AM
it does indeed exist

*~katie~*
September 10, 2004 04:01AM
up!

i created 2 topics about this.
I love the radio, and the video version...they rock a lot more than the from cd.
but i never found it :/

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

September 10, 2004 04:20AM
isn't the only major difference the one line?

and that makes it better why?
September 10, 2004 04:27AM
it is better cuz its more rocky, more guitarr on it...just rock more, dunno

September 10, 2004 04:45AM
there's no difference other than the censored line. i'm not sure what gollum is talking about.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
September 10, 2004 04:47AM
yeah.. buy the REAL album on e-bay

i bet you can find it for even a dollar! Search for Nine Days on ebay

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
September 10, 2004 06:36AM
there are different versions?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you could be waiting for you're life to begin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 10, 2004 08:27AM
There's one line difference cause apparently the word **** is too extreme for the radio.

Post Edited (09-10-04 17:27)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
September 10, 2004 08:27AM
And apparently too extreme for this board too, hehe.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
September 10, 2004 09:43AM
theres also one which was featured on a soundtrack with blink 182 etc aswell....whihcsounds different, cos theres no heavyness in the guitars

September 10, 2004 11:15AM
in regards to wanting a radio version as opposed to the album version ... i'm a born again christian.
i never got the album when it came out years ago. that wasn't my style back then. i was more into roots rock and southern rock and primarilay christian bands. i've recently been expanding my music collection over the years and i found that cd at a used cd store for a buck or somethin'. i was somewhat dissapointed when i heard "absolutely" on the album, thinking that's not how i remember it going.
anyways, i would prefer not to have the album version in my digital music collection for the reason mentioned in the first paragraph. i thought i'd ask if anyone knew if it existed or if they were willing to sell there copy.

-B

p.s. - is the version on the NOW series (i think it's #5) a radio version ... i don't know if that was the way that those NOW cd's work. anybody who knows please let me know. thanks ... a bunch.
September 10, 2004 11:30AM
so basically you're just against the one swear in the entire song?

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
September 10, 2004 11:33AM
THAT ****' IS FUCKKED UP !!!!
September 10, 2004 11:40AM
well, yes ...

it definitely limits the music i listen to. now if i have one vice as a christian it is music, i'll admit that there are some songs i love despite a swear word in it ... i just choose to ignore it. the problem is if a friend or my little brother go riffling through my collection and stumble onto something that offends them, then i'm responsible for that. and that's the core of what i'm trying to do.

-B
September 10, 2004 12:30PM
haha lou you make me chuckle

Rock on...
Kevin

September 10, 2004 12:33PM
Yes, I have it.
And no, I'm not going to sell it. It was a gift.
September 10, 2004 12:35PM
Revolving Sun wrote:

> Yes, I have it.
> And no, I'm not going to sell it. It was a gift.

can i have it ?? i hate when these fuckers curse and shitt.
September 10, 2004 12:39PM
Nine Days is NOT vulger music. One swear word is just how he is expressing feelings. And if your friends have a problem with ONE swear word, then they might not be from this planet. I mean c'mon, look around.. theres vulgarity EVERYWHERE. more on TV than in Nine Days albums.. have you ever seen Nip Tuck? or watched comedy central? Nine Days is alike a trip to disneyland compared to some of the **** they FUCCking PLay on the Damn radio!

Eric
September 10, 2004 12:46PM
You should hear some people i know. They sound like mike when he's acting angry, except 24/7. They add words in there for no reason at all. Now they are vulgar.

September 10, 2004 02:52PM
yea really, get an update on the war in iraq to see more vulgar things than our fine little euphonic group of individuals

Rock on...
Kevin

September 10, 2004 03:13PM
sillytaka21 - "theres also one which was featured on a soundtrack with blink 182 etc aswell....whihcsounds different, cos theres no heavyness in the guitars"

..................................................!!!!

Just a minor little correction; THAT'S ALL WRONG! There is no soundtrack version, definetely NOT with Blink 182 or anyone else. The version you have is an old demo of the song the band did before being signed, and fans renamed it back in the Napster days to include the names of hit bands at the time so it would be the result of more searches. Please, for the sake of all our sanities, think before you post.

P.S. - I hate being a jackass, makes me feel like... well a jackass.

P.P.S. - Sannen is right, the radio version is slightly different from the album one. In the radio version I have the production is warmed up a tad as compared to the album version, if I had webspace I'd post clips to compare and contrast but sadly I do not.

Post Edited (09-11-04 22:29)
September 10, 2004 04:46PM
omg

I know theres no Absolutely version with Blink 182.. But the radio version and the video version are more rocky han the from cd! check it out!
have u the video from Absolutely? with the woman in the bath? so check it out and then check the cd version!
the video version is a looot better!
trust me!

September 10, 2004 05:24PM
you know i have one spare ninedays single from when i did the aussie cd offer jeeze like 4 years ago or something

i cannot remember if the single swears or not though hang on

now the single doesn't swear but i am not sure if it is the radio version or not it has

1. story of a girl (no swearing)
2. revolve (live)
3. Bitter (live)
4. story of a girl (acoustic) (still no swearing)
5. story of a girl video

and get this 9 awesome ninedays stickers

well there are three of each - but that still equals 9 smiling smiley

if for some reason a billion people bombard me about this ther will have to be some kind of competition to get it or something i don't know
September 10, 2004 05:26PM
i wonder who you should send it to?????
September 10, 2004 10:36PM
is that a hint that you want it lou?

cause if so then you win straight away just due to the amount of crap you have sent me in the past
September 11, 2004 12:15PM
>> clareinoz,

if you're selling let me know ...
i'll send an e-mail to the address you got listed for this forum.

thanks, man !

-B
September 11, 2004 12:56PM
hmmm i am wondering if that email works lol

I will go and see if there is anything
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π