ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Songs

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Re: Songs
June 11, 2003 02:01PM
see.. all those songs were on the radio and/ or had music videos and they were great.

I heard Slide on the radio way back when and several months later went and bout Dizzy Up the Girl.. I listen to the whole and overall it's one of my favorite albums..

but even so, as I said.. after listening to the wholeee thing.. Slide, Iris, Black Balloon are probably the best songs on there.

That's why they get air time and the Goo's chose them.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 11, 2003 03:08PM
there's an elitist atitude among fans that a single can't possibly ever be the best song put out by a band, and that that song usually isn't as good because of the fact is was a single. to be a fan, a single can't be your favourite song. instead you have to find some other song so that when someone that only knows the singles says "oh i love that song!" the elitist fan can say "no that song's not as good as this one. . ." which isn't a single. it gives them an air of superiority. i do the exact same thing. they're my band, damn it, and if it's going to be my favourite song i want it to be mine, not something everyone's heard.

of course many people who act this way won't admit it. i will, though, because hey, i'm an elitist fuckstick, why hide it.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 12, 2003 08:08AM
dude i get that same way when my favourite bands break into the popular charts, i hate it when people say "oooh have you heard that [insert name here] sng its sooo cool" and im like yeh i heard it ages ago.

or even worse is when you say to someone that theyll like a band and they listen to them and say "nah theyr ok" then when the band makes it big have the nerve to come and show you the cd and ask you if you've heard of them

ARRRGGHHH

June 12, 2003 08:19AM
Sounds like you hang out with some crummy people..

Yeah so I still think, at least in those instances, those are their best songs.

I love a lot of Beastie Boys tracks that were never singles etc.

Just depends on who it is...

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 12, 2003 11:46AM
I really think it depends on the group. For most groups, the songs are the radio are the better ones. But then for some, there's like... the really pretty songs that aren't on the radio and I usually like those the best.

But anywho, I think some huge examples of groups that have the better songs on the radio are The Calling and Creed. My friend burned those two for me and I only like the radio songs mostly. Oh, and from the Goo Goo Dolls' new CD I definetely like the radio songs the best.
June 12, 2003 05:04PM
see i don't care for the "pretty songs" much

i need rawness lately

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 12, 2003 05:21PM
Mostly my favorite songs are slow ones. But I do like Revolve and Back to me which aren't really slow. It depends on the song I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π