ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Holiday family traditions

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Holiday family traditions
December 18, 2004 05:49AM
Does anyone have any unique family traditions for the holidays? And what do you do if you have a huge family, for presents?

My dad's side is fairly big, and we used to get everyone stuff. We would end up with so much garage sale crap. I remember I got this humongous pair of white pants one year... And I also got tons of shirts that looked like they were my grandma's.

So then we did got $1 gifts, 5 a person... played a dice game. And this year we're all getting one $5 gift because my cousin wanted something "meaningful." It should be interesting.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
Re: Holiday family traditions
December 18, 2004 07:38AM
i'm praying really hard that some of my family members discover the wonders of gift cards.

*~katie~*
December 18, 2004 11:45AM
My father's side prepares and eats a hell of a lot of fish Christmas Eve, gets drunk, and sings Mario Lanza's version of "O Holy Night" about six times.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
December 18, 2004 03:24PM
The family gathering tonight was pretty interesting. My aunt read a story that had the words left and right in them a lot and when she said them, we'd pass the present in whichever way the word was... It was slightly confusing. It was cool though.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
December 18, 2004 04:02PM
Well my whole moms side gets together (like 40-50 people) at my aunts and we eat a LOT and then eat MORE then all my cousins and I play our instruments and lovely christmas songs... its all very fun.

~*wOOt!*
December 18, 2004 08:46PM
My dad's side of the family are all dead, except for one of his brothers who lives in Australia and has no children so I've never met him yawning smiley( And pretty much all of my mum's side live in Portugal, so my Grandparents come oer and shout at my brother, my grandma goes and buys lots of shoes, my mum gets upset at how much I hate her parents and then her cousin comes and rescues me and he and his fianc? take me out to have fun yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π