ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

how did you discover nine days?

Posted by akwhiteybear 

how did you discover nine days?
May 13, 2005 03:25PM
just a post of curiosity-hope it hasn't been addressed before. Myself, i heard "story of a girl" on t he radio, bought the cd, listened to it once, then it sat on my shelf for about six months. Then, one night when incredibly bored while waiting my turn in a mario cart tournament with a few friends popped it in for the heck of it....didn't take it out for about two weeks. i couldn't believe i had let the cd just sit around for so long. even my roomate at the time, who was into death metal and nothing else, loved it. so even though i had bought their cd, i guess you could say i found nine days by accident. what about you guys?
Re: how did you discover nine days?
May 13, 2005 03:34PM
they came to my high school because jeremys fiance (now wife) was a student teacher at my school...thats how i heard of them.
May 13, 2005 03:35PM
wait they do that song "story of a girl"???
May 13, 2005 03:48PM
Absolutely here.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 13, 2005 06:40PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 14, 2005 01:11AM
MTV-UK.

Not so much because of the band or the tune... more because of the girl in the tub.

May 14, 2005 02:54AM
one word wOOt

*Ian*

Do something every day that scares you.
May 14, 2005 05:12AM
Downloaded If I am because it was on the Dawson's creek soundtrack, and I really liked it, and Superman by Five for fighting. Then picked up The Madding Crowd when I was staying with friends in Virginia, because the store I was in didn't have a Five for Fighting album.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
May 14, 2005 05:35AM
Get the five for fighting album. It's sweet.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 14, 2005 05:55AM
I ahve it now. Getting TMC was the start of the realisation that there was an alternative to maistream. I owe it so much yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
May 14, 2005 06:38AM
My friend got it and we used to play cards a lot (we're nerds, yes), and we'd listen to it when we were playing cards... and we still had it playing afterwards and it was on "Wanna Be" and I enjoyed it a lot so I went and got the CD.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
May 14, 2005 07:49AM
Got in my cousins car who was listening to TMC.. and I was like.. oooh I like this.. who are they.. then he showed me Story of a Girl (Absolutely) and I was like.. Oooooh.. them... and decided that day I was hooked.. this was like 5 1/2 years ago

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
May 14, 2005 08:04AM
I heard Absolutely on the radio, I may or may not have downloaded it, I don't know. I bought the album soon afterwards. A few months later, they played the college I was attending.

TMC was one of those albums I loved, but didn't check out the Nine Days website or anything. Then in 2002, I saw in one of my Columbia House flyers that So Happily Unsatisfied was "coming soon," so I did some checking online, but couldn't find any info. At some point later, I found out the whole story of what went on and then finally got to download SHU. I would say even though I love TMC, the whole story with SHU (as well as the album) is what made me a fan.
May 14, 2005 08:39AM
Thats a cool story.... lol.. your attracted to Drama??? hehe...

Playing cards??? Magic Cards.. I love Magic Cards

Eric
May 14, 2005 08:45AM
heard "if i am" on the radio when i was in my sis's car and i went and picked up the cd that weekend. i think i wasl ike 12/13 years old

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
May 14, 2005 09:16AM
it's weird i heard story of a girl loved it didnt buy the cd then If I am was released i decided to buy it but i couldent find it anywhere then after 3 months of searching i found it at my exclusive companyt for likr 7.00 and i still listen to it evcery once in a while.

May 14, 2005 12:11PM
a mate came back from holiday and said he'd heard everclear and nine days on german tv.. we didnt actually know the names of the bands... just searched randomly on german mtv sites for a bit.. interesting..

either way downloaded both on napster (god how long ago was that..) and nine days were waaay better! never turned back, i think they released the video over here like 5 months after and i bought the single.

http://www.musiksite.co.uk
May 15, 2005 10:41AM
my old roomie, kt, was big on them. she got me into them. then after they came and did a free show at a local bar..and we met them, i became a big fan, and started to goto more shows..and well yeah thats my story.

i was a huge country fan until i heard them...they didnt totally convert me over, i still like country but i listen to more rockish type stuff now too.
May 15, 2005 01:16PM
I was at swim practice and heard "If I am" through the water everytime I'd take a break but I didnt hear it all only clips (since I was swimming) and I was like... Hmm I need to buy that to hear it all.

~*wOOt!*
May 15, 2005 04:47PM
I was a member of a music related Yahoo! Group, and I asked for new music recommendations (back in 2000.) Someone recommended Nine Days, and a few other groups. I bought "The Madding Crowd" and the other cds that were recommended, and ended up listening to TMC over and over again. I was especially into "If I Am". That song always spoke to me. A week or two later, Nine Days played a show nearby and I went. I had a great time, and the guys in the band were extremely nice when they were signing cds. I joined the board the next day, and have been a fan ever since.

~Lisa~

"For though I cannot fly, I'm not content to crawl..." -Nine Days

It's still my favorite line
May 16, 2005 08:12AM
When I heard Story of a gril and a friend made me a copy of the album because I liked that song. I felt totally in love with the album, so I bought it a week after. It was only the third album I bought in my life at the time.

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
May 17, 2005 04:20AM
My friend Jess played the CD for me in her car one day when we were hanging out in Stonybrook somewhere. Every time we hang out she gets me hooked on some new band cause she has good taste in music, LoL. So I came home and bought the CD. Played like the first three songs over and over to learn them (cause thats how I usually listen to a cd). Then like a week or two later she calls me up and says they are playing a 9-11 tribute show at the Vanderbilt. I was like, yeah, cool! Because some other good people were gonna be there. We went with her and her mom and dad, LoL. As soon as I saw the live show I was hooked.

I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did that VERY first concert I was at. Even if the Vanderbilt is NOT my favorite place to go (one time they turned us away because there was a discrepancy in the age minimum on their site or something, and they were extremely rude), and even if it was a somber occasion. They rocked.

Then I was hooked. YAY!
~Caitlin

May 17, 2005 05:00AM
aww another bitter vanderbuilt hater.

*~katie~*
May 17, 2005 05:33AM
I used to go and see them play acoustic every monday nite at the Village Pub, then followed them to Tokyo Joes and then the bitter end shows
May 17, 2005 05:42AM
Wait..

Let me get this straight..

Woot.

You are swimming laps or whatever..you hear a song over the PA (turns out to be If I Am)...hear only pieces of it....you we able to pick the name of the song out from all the splashing and chaos.

"If I..............of everything I hope..........................you down......

standing on a led....................... catch you..."

Are you shitting me?

You are the Woot.

You **** us not

May 17, 2005 08:21AM
Downlaoded Absolutely - Story Of A Girl by accident and got hooked!

Fat people are harder to kidnap . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π