ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cricket

Posted by spaztrin 

cricket
August 28, 2005 07:43AM
i would just like to say i hate it and wish it would go away forever. that is all.
Re: cricket
August 28, 2005 08:19AM
cricket is immense, especially this ashes series. now that is all.

"I love acting, its so much more real than life" Oscar Wilde
August 28, 2005 12:26PM
Cricket is by far the most intelligent, skilled game around. I'd like to see a rugby or soccer player face up to a small red hard peice of leather comming towards them at 90mph with only a thin peice of willow to protect themselves, let alone attack the ball. Cricket is the best game ever. Our summer game.
August 28, 2005 01:12PM
Obviosuly not as good as rugby.

~*wOOt!*
August 28, 2005 01:45PM
i hate cricket i hate it i hate it i hate it

it would be alright if it was played that if you hit that ball you had to run regardless - then people would get out much faster and a game wouldn't take 5 days to play
August 28, 2005 06:34PM
Have you not been watching the ashes? You won't find anything more exciting and nailbiting as the current Aussie vs England series, it's just magical to watch
August 29, 2005 04:08AM
Cricket is an awesome game. But thank God for highlights.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 29, 2005 04:18AM
haha always a good compramise i guess

but rugby rox too

August 29, 2005 05:52AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 29, 2005 07:40AM
Honestly, go play rugby and you will find it excells your highest dreams. It is orgasmic.

~*wOOt!*
August 29, 2005 08:56AM
personally if i was at the bottom of a ruck under say 10 other guys, considering the ones in my school, i would be very very scared if i found it orgamsic, but whatever floats your boattongue sticking out smiley

i mean cricket...well that could just be a five day orgasm

thats so wrong

August 29, 2005 09:52AM
I LOVE cricket, though I think that so far I am the only girl who actually likes it!!
August 29, 2005 10:33AM
Terri, will you marry me..
August 29, 2005 10:36AM
Baseball > Cricket

Football > Rugby

Ex-rugby players now punting in NFL > all other place kickers

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 29, 2005 09:00PM
if you're talking about american football then rugby is much more free flowing and there is no pansying aroung with big pads and shoulder guards etc

however baseball is great though i still prefer cricket

o my word thunderbirds just came on tv...

August 30, 2005 12:07AM
I think its safe to assume he's referring to padded rugby, yes.

August 30, 2005 02:08AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 30, 2005 07:26AM
Baseball can never be deemed greater than cricket whilst they continue to wear those ridiculous uniforms.

~ Sofi ~

August 30, 2005 07:59AM
Ridiculous? How so?

August 30, 2005 08:13AM
Men in leggings is never a good look. Anyone in leggings and it's not a good look.

~ Sofi ~

August 30, 2005 08:48AM
to be fair i think the skintight england rugby shirts are some of the stupidest looking things ever...especially on someone like neil back *shudder*

August 30, 2005 09:41AM
You're assuming that these rugby playing guys aren't simply larger than the largest size available. Another factor to consider is that if a rugby player wears a shirt that is slightly baggy, it gives the guy chasing him something to get a better grip on to take him down...

Post Edited (08-30-05 18:43)
August 30, 2005 02:53PM
Judging a sport by what they wear is hardly fair.

Personally, I'm a fan of the baseball uniforms from around the 1900's-1930's. Although, they are a little silly looking, since the pants come down to a little past the knee. Still, there's something kinda cool about them.
August 31, 2005 12:44PM
The thing with rugby and the shirts they wear comes down to 2 things:

1. Technology - the fabric they use in the shirts is somehow supposed to keep the player at an optimal temperature yada yada

2. Image - rugby has become such a big sport and because everyone is so toned and built, they want to show off their bodies. All in all it's just a bunch of pretty boys running around chasing an oval ball, with some exceptions. Hell a lot of players wear MAKEUP!!!! It's a bit sad cos the game has lost a bit of it's rugged appeal. In the 80's one of our players (Buck Shelford) lost a testicle in one of the games, but because there was so much more passion back then he just strapped it all up and carried on playing. Now that's dedication. But yes, as I was saying, tight shirts = good image for the ladies (and homos).
August 31, 2005 01:24PM
I've wanted to watch this cricket thing that everyone's going on about, but can't find it on my digital cable dealy.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 02, 2005 02:25PM
what! rugby is by far the most amazing thing ever I dont CARe what everyine else says! number one, you cant wear baggy shirts or else youll be taken down when ppl grab them, and its so much better and more difficult then football. also, i frogot what else i was going to say just becuase you've all made me in such a huge tiff over rugby! GOSH!

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π