ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guitar tabs

Posted by snowgirl2022 

Guitar tabs
November 16, 2004 09:56PM
mmkay so.... I'm putting on this mini concert, and I need to pick 5 songs to play and sing at the same time. I was wondering if you guys could help me pick out a few songs that are pretty easy to play on guitar, the easier the better becuase my skills are pretty elementary. I was trying to go for any nine days songs, possibly some chili peppers, 3eb, anything in the general cateragory of alt. rock or something... I dont even know how you would really catergorize it. Any ideas?

~*TaylOr*

~*wOOt!*
Re: Guitar tabs
November 16, 2004 11:43PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 16, 2004 11:50PM
Yesterday was one of the first songs I learned to play, you could also try hanging by a moment by lifehouse, pretty much everyone knows it and its quite easy to play, sounds good acoustic as well.
November 16, 2004 11:50PM
I may have to print his thread...

Anymore?

November 17, 2004 12:03AM
Stigmatized - the calling, also very good acoustic
Dear Joan - matchbox 20, dunno where you'd find the tabs though I haven't ever seen them
Never Going Back Again - matchbox 20, again though if you can find the tabs let me know, I'm not good enough just to listern to it and work out all of it from ear.

Post Edited (11-17-04 09:05)
November 17, 2004 12:06AM
Radiohead - Blackstar very easy to play, sounds surpirisingly nice done acoustically
Feeder - Tinsel Town

November 17, 2004 12:33AM
November 17, 2004 01:00AM
I've been pissing about with chords for ages... making 'ditties'... practising variations in speed and such...

But I tend to just make it up as I go. Throwing in the odd new chord I'm learning at the time.

I figure I'd give some tabs a go. So that my flatmates don't just think I play 'melodic noise'. Though to be honest, I like playing with original stuff that I've stumbled on than playing somebody elses work intently.

Though I imagine deconstructing somebody elses work has its uses.

November 17, 2004 03:01AM
ninedays- Absolutely if you have another guitarist (or you yourself) who can pull off the solo. maybe its just me, but it has taken a long time to learn and i still don't have it quite good enough

Goo Goo Dolls- Slide

Third Eye Blind- Never Let You Go (will need 2 guitarists for this, but easy)

Green Day- When I Come Around

REM- End of the World. not sure about this one, my friend played it, but he's pretty good. the chorus is something simple though, like G, D, Am i think so i'm not sure.
November 17, 2004 04:55AM
I don't think "Slide" would be easy, unless you're pretty adept with re-tuning your guitar to whatever absurd string-snapping concoction it uses.

November 17, 2004 05:04AM
Howie Day - Collide

It must be about the simplest song EVER seeing as I can play it, and I can hardly play ANYTHING.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 17, 2004 05:22AM
Might not be perfect, but try this for Slide:
http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,g,551,Goo+Goo+Dolls,Slide,71374

No weird tuning, just capo on 1. That way is pretty easy.
November 17, 2004 05:44AM
Hmmm.. I don't think "Yesterday" is really appopriate for a female to sing... unless she changes it to he... lol. That's an awesome song.

This guy on the partridge family remake show on vh1 played and sang "Slide". It was nifty. Anyone watch that show? It's dumb..haha... well what i saw, I just saw the keith try outs.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
November 17, 2004 07:06AM
November 17, 2004 07:53AM
Never let you go by 3eb is quite easy to play and sing along with.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 17, 2004 08:21AM
John Denver - leaving on a jetplane
Every Rose has a thorn
Green Day - time of your life (hard to play)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
November 17, 2004 11:36AM
Whoa thanks guys I need to print this out and start working on some... thankee muchos!

~*Taylor*

~*wOOt!*
November 17, 2004 03:14PM
Genesis (not to sound as if I don't believe you) could you possibly post a link for a "correct" Slide tab? I wondered about that one, because a lot of Goo Goo Dolls stuff is in weird tuning, but it sounded fairly right, so I just played it.
November 17, 2004 04:34PM
Yeah, Johnny plays "Slide" (and several other songs) tuned to C-G-C-F-C-F, but I've been playing the song for the past 5 years in standard tuning with the capo. It may not be EXACT but it's damn close enough. Until I start getting paid Rzeznik type money to play it "correctly", I'll save my strings the wear and tear. No harm done.

Great songs everyone is listing though. I was very surprised to see stuff like "Stigmatized" and "Somewhere In Between" on here. I play those at gigs regularly, along with my original stuff of course.

Easiest song EVER though. J. Frank Wilson's (or Pearl Jam's, for those of you who don't know) "Last Kiss" G Em C D...can't get any simpler.

Oh..Hootie and the Blowfish "Let Her Cry". very easy...but awesome

"Punch the clock every single day. Make your money, then throw it away. Does that sound like you? What's the point of living like that? You're like a wand in a magic show act. When it's all make believe."
November 17, 2004 06:51PM
November 17, 2004 09:02PM
Dunno wonderwall by oasis is a rival for easiest song to play!
Goo goo dolls stuff is great to play but the tunning sucks sometimes, they really are amazing in acoustic sets though.
November 17, 2004 10:12PM
OOOOHHH! I love oasis! Someone IM me tonight and remind me to find wonderwall tabs cuz im at school now and ill forget by the time I get home.

~*Taylor*

~*wOOt!*
November 17, 2004 10:47PM
Try songbird as well by them then, off the top of my head I dont know how hard it is but its acoustic and sounds good.
November 18, 2004 01:26AM
'Half The World Away'.

If you can ignore the fact that it was a popular British sitcom TV theme tune, its an awesome song in its own right. One of my favourites by the band.

November 19, 2004 11:54AM
in response to Genesis's post, oh yeah, that's definitely how Johnny plays it. But Johnny has like 800 guitars..haha, so he can leave it tuned to his freakazoid tuning all the time. I just don't have the balls to pull my B and E strings up to C and F constantly. That's how you lose an eye. Rzeznik tuning is like a scientific formula. He makes it so difficult so it's harder for others to duplicate. He's from my hometown though, so rock on! I feel like I should be struck down for all this Goo talk on the Nine Days board though..haha, so in conclusion, Nine Days rules all. Listening to TMC is one of the few parts of my Senior Week that I actually remember. Amen :-)

"Punch the clock every single day. Make your money, then throw it away. Does that sound like you? What's the point of living like that? You're like a wand in a magic show act. When it's all make believe."
November 20, 2004 03:15AM
i would say that there are many great songs out there, but don't bother with capo's. It's better to try and learn to play without them....I have been playing for well over 10 years and I have never needed one....and you never see the greats with capo's...just the nancy boy dude from the corrs and brian mcfadden....need I say more! smiling smiley
November 20, 2004 04:12AM
November 20, 2004 05:58AM
i never played guitar before....but i want soon...when i come back to Brazil...can somoene explain me whats a capo? :-P

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

November 20, 2004 08:19AM
on the topic of wonderwall, any fans of oasis should check out the ryan adams version, its stripped down to just a plucky acoustic guitar with some slight reverb in the background but i think i may even prefer it to the original, thats sayin a lot as oasis were a huge influence when i started learning the guitar..
and as for the no capo comment, come on cameron. does jeff buckley not qualify as one of the greats? most songs written with capo's are played that way to achieve a certain sound off a guitar. If i am wouldnt sound the way it does played with a regular b chord. your hitting completley different notes with a capo
some not so difficult acoustic songs that u could play taylor:
one - u2
ben harper - sexual healing (if u havent heard it, do+learn it!)
and try some counting crows, like mr.jones or long december
November 20, 2004 10:12AM
well I am just saying that I have never needed one....better to learn to play without stablisers! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π