Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NHL TONIGHT!

Posted by Bones45 

NHL TONIGHT!
October 04, 2005 11:56PM
NHL celebrates opening night with historic 15-game slate

NEW YORK - The National Hockey League opens its 2005-06 regular season Wednesday with 15 games, 30 clubs in action, dozens of storylines and 600 players in uniform in front of an expected quarter-million fans at sold-out arenas, marking the busiest playing date in the League's 88-year history. NHL teams had combined to play as many as 14 games on nine occasions, the most recent of which was Nov. 1, 2003.

Eff Baseball and Football.

WE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Re: NHL TONIGHT!
October 05, 2005 03:47AM
Here we go, Rangers, here we go.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
October 05, 2005 04:48AM
GO FLYERS HOCKEY IS THE ****

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
October 05, 2005 06:55AM
GO YANKEES!!!!!ill get to hockey when baseball is done
October 05, 2005 09:59PM
Comcast to stream NHL games

National Hockey League fans in the Comcast broadband territory will be able to watch games for free on their PCs this season.

The cable giant announced this week that it will stream free of charge to its 7.7 million subscribers up to two hockey games per night this season. The season begins Wednesday night with the Web cast of Pittsburgh vs. New Jersey at 7:30 p.m. EDT and Colorado vs. Edmonton at 10 p.m. EDT.

This is the first exclusive agreement that a sports league has made with a broadband provider to stream its games over the Internet. Major League Baseball offers various paid subscription packages through its MSN Web portal. A live video and audio package can cost about $19.95 a month or $99.95 a season. The National Football League and the National Basketball Association offer audio Web casts of their games.

Comcast is adding premium content to its portal as it tries to take on lower-priced services from phone companies...

October 06, 2005 12:00AM
That is hot.

Wow... its going to be a crazy year. Naturally..the Isles lost 6-4 in a ridiculous game. No checking---chaos everywhere. DiPietro looked horrible as did the defense

Its going to be a long year.

and to really piss me off, the Rangers won.

oh well...at least the Yanks got beat!
October 06, 2005 10:29AM
Here we go Rangers, here we go.

New rules suck. Shoot outs to determine games suck.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 07, 2005 01:16AM

Spoken like a true non hockey fan..

go back to football and whining Mike...its what you do best.
October 07, 2005 01:20AM
sorry ,the new rules do suck
October 07, 2005 01:40AM
The great thing about the penalty shot was that it never happened. Now it's gonna happen all the time? Takes away the mystique. 7-4 games take away the excitement of a goal, too. Makes it mindless.

-Mike

Post Edited (10-07-05 10:40)

weallgotwoodandnails
October 07, 2005 02:49AM
the shootouts only happen when there is a tie after the 5 min OT. this is only a small fraction of games.

The truth of the matter is that the game had turned into a big holding and interference match which was boring to alot of fans. Bettman didnt make the rule changes. Hockey people did. Defense has not changed. You can still defend. The crutch which most players used to defend is now gone. Its about time.

Defense will come back---when they learn how to defend properly again.
October 08, 2005 12:48AM
how about those redwings??

i love hockey. yes i do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π