ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

switchfoot

Posted by USAFALL2004 

switchfoot
October 26, 2005 01:00AM
I just got 'nothing is sound' which the band claim is there best album ever!
I am not sure though if it's better than the brillent 'beautiful letdown'. The vocals on beautiful letdown are amazing were on nothing is sound jon foreman shouts a bit too much in some of the songs - eg: in the middle of 'happy is a yuppie word' and at the end of 'daisy'.

Maybe it's going to take a couple of plays to get use to it, this album is definitely more rock, were as beautiful letdown is mixture of rock - meant to live, rock pop - gone, and pop - fire.

There was a lot more catchy songs on beautiful letdown but I suppose nothing is sound is going to take a lot more listening and focus on the lyrics for you to appreciate it like green day and american idiot.

Post Edited (10-26-05 10:25)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
Re: switchfoot
October 26, 2005 01:07AM
all i've heard off of the new one is "stars" and i agree they're much more rock-ish sounding this time around

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
October 26, 2005 04:30AM
what does everyone else think of nothing is sound?
October 26, 2005 05:58AM
I got nothing is sound for about 3 weeks. good album, i don't like to compare it to Beautiful Letdown (but to my opinion NEW WAY TO BE HUMAN is the best work so far from them).
I love "Stars" & "Lonely Nation". "The Shadow Proves The Sunshine" is the best song on the album. all the others are very good too. but these 3 songs are the highlights to my opinion (for now, anyway...)
October 26, 2005 01:15PM
I really like Nothing Is Sound. That said, I think most people will like The Beautiful Letdown better, simply because its probably a little catchier. But I really like the more rock-edge of Nothing Is Sound.
October 27, 2005 12:15AM
'golden' and 'shadow proves the sunshine' are also the best songs on there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π