ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yeah I am Alive

Posted by Frogmush 

Yeah I am Alive
November 06, 2005 09:40AM
Sup guys... sorry I never post anymore.. I honestly never sit at my computer long enough.. or feel up to reading posts about Nine Days... I work full time now for the Geek Squad at Best Buy. I also attend college full time (14 credits). So i rarely have time to do much of anything.. and most of the time I just bury my feelings away and spend most of my free time getting stoned..... Been down and depressed..... can't help it lately.... and its a rainy cold dark day...

but I miss talking to all of you... and hope to be having some free time soon....

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
Re: Yeah I am Alive
November 06, 2005 12:41PM
hey eric, good to hear from you. hang in there buddy, we miss you

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
November 06, 2005 02:52PM
I am alive too... I DO sit at the computer for long periods of time, but for some reason am not as obsessed with posting as I used to be.

Eric, I kind of know how you feel with the down and depressed feeling. Isn't it great? Only I don't get stoned. College is a rough time... well, for some people... others love it. I'm gonna shut up now, haha.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
November 07, 2005 07:22AM
Hey Eric...Sucks getting old don't it!!!!
Welcome to the life of actually having no time...Try doing it with a kid..LOL
Things do get better if you try so be patient and good things will come.
Make sure you document everything you do for the squad because any experience no matter how small you think it is may come in handy one day.
I used to feel like I was Jack Of all trades and master of nuthin but now my jobs require an extensive amount of knowledge from Employee/Customer relations to business infrastructure.
Getting Stoned is OK as long as you are positive about where you are going!
Getting Stoned to hide issues never solves the issue it just masks the problem for a small time. When the problem doesn't go away you get more Stoned etc...
So use it wisely! You still have to make money in life no matter if you hate working or not!
Knowledge is valuable.
Hope you feel better!
Best wishes to you.
November 07, 2005 07:30AM
You're like some crazy wise-buddha-Yoda-Gandalf...

'Yandalf', if you will.

November 07, 2005 07:41AM
Craig is mega-wise..... is true.

Good to hear from you Eric. Hope you get things sorted or things sort themselves out to get you a bit happier soon yawning smiley)

Post Edited (11-07-05 16:41)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 11, 2005 01:21PM
Wow same here First time i posted in a while how is everyone on the forum anyways?

November 12, 2005 03:47AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 12, 2005 12:42PM
OH NO! Mushy.... oh dear I feel like a bad friend. I'm sorry you're so down.... hit me up on my cell sometime if you ever feel like talking, you're a wonderful person and you shouldnt be feeling down or sad at all because... well, because you have to go out and live life and be as amazing as you are! :-D *muah!* Kisses!

~*wOOt!*
November 13, 2005 10:10AM
awe thanks guys. i diddnt expect you all to respond so enthusiastically.. Thanks. I really appriciate it. I totally agree that im working my ass off. Just at the moment it doesnt seem like it's all paying off. Just not much to look forward to. Things change from day to day, but seem to fall back into themselves. Im doing pretty good overall though. thanks for being such good friends! smiling smiley

I now have the biggest mp3 collection ever too. Being a stoner, music has become the best thing in the world..... I have well over 75,000 songs now.. over 300GB.... i know im horrible.... but hey.. a geeks gotta do what a geeks gotta do.

I will try and post more and actually read the stuff.... lol... I used to never have the patience, thats why I never posted often enough even before... especially the longer posts.

anyway.. hope to talk to you guys soon

Eric
November 13, 2005 02:26PM
Something for everyone...

-----------------------------------
Being Twenty-Something

They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis." It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realising that there are many things about yourself that you didn't know and may not like. You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now. You start realising that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met, and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones. What you don't recognise is that they are realising that too, and aren't really cold, catty, mean or insincere, but that they are as confused as you.

You look at your job...and it is not even close to what you thought you would be doing, or maybe you are looking for a job and realising that you are going to have to start at the bottom and that scares you. Your opinions have gotten stronger. You see what others are doing and find yourself judging more than usual because suddenly you realise that you have certain boundaries in your life and are constantly adding things to your list of what is acceptable and what isn't.

One minute, you are insecure and then the next, secure. You laugh and cry with the greatest force of your life. You feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly, change is the enemy and you try and cling on to the past with dear life, but soon realise that the past is drifting further and further away, and there is nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward.

You get your heart broken and wonder how someone you loved could do such damage to you. Or you lay in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone decent enough that you want to get to know better.

Or maybe you love someone but they love someone else too and cannot figure out why you are doing this because you know that you aren't a bad person.

One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap. Getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic. You go through the same emotions and questions over and over, and talk with your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a decision.

You worry about loans, money, the future and making a life for yourself.....and while winning the race would be great, right now you'd just like to be a contender!

What you may not realise is that everyone reading this relates to it. We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it easy dude! I was in a very similar headspace around the same time last year...don't worry, things DO get better! You could try a break from the green for a week or so, although you probably don't feel it, there are times when pot can put a bit of a spell on you, and it takes a bit of sobriety to break it, so hang in there.
November 13, 2005 02:42PM
Wow according to that I hit my twenties waaayy early.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 14, 2005 04:01AM
'One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap. Getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic.'

Neither have ever been appealing to me. That makes me some kind of 'weirdo' I believe.

November 14, 2005 11:44AM
Nah it doesn't; neither have ever been appealing to me either.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
November 17, 2005 12:16PM
I don't believe in free love. Well.... maybe only a little. Do you know there was a place in NY in the 1850's that promoted free love and only ppl chosen could make babies so they were superior? Weeiirdddd.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π