ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

999 Calls

Posted by fanoftheband 

999 Calls
January 15, 2006 09:46AM
I am starting a topic for the second time today, but I thought I should. Today was the first time in my life I made a 999 (or 911 phone call for you Americans out there). I am about to regail you with a lengthy tale.

So it is Sunday evening in my hall at University, three of my friends have got together in my room to order some pizza in and have a social game of poker. We order a meal deal involving 2 pizza's, garlic bread and chicken wings. The pizza and garlic bread arrives and we enjoy those however the chicken wings didn't come, therefore I call the company (wanting to get my moneys worth as a student). They sent them up within ten minutes and the three of us remaining tuck in.

After a bite, I realise the chicken wing is rather slimy. I look at it and realise that it is completely raw, growing up around parents who cook alot and knowing a little about meat I realise that this is a serious health risk. Rather annoyed at this I call the pizza company and complain, they offer me free chicken wings... to this I say simply "No, you will give me my full money back or I will call health and saftey in the morning", after a few minutes of me threatening them (completely calmly as is my style) they aggree to send the money up.

Ten minutes later I get a phone call saying that they are outside and a request by the owner to 'be nice to the driver', I walk out, and expecting some trouble (it is only a small local company), I dial 999 into my phone and slip it up my sleeve. The driver asks to see the chicken wings so he can take them back to the pizza house to get confirmation, to this I say "Unacceptable, you will hand me the money and I will leave and take this no further. Or you I go inside and give trading standards a call in the morning". At this he gets rather annoyed, I regard myself as a very calm person, and I know I can argue as I never lose, I can also think on my feet very well. He walks toward me calling me a student trying to scam him, at this I deliver him the ultimatum again saying, very calmly and collected, "give me the money or I make phone calls". By this point he is shouting at me, insulting me and about two seconds off punching me! Now I am not a big guy, however I do not let any one get away with threatening me, at this point I slip out my phone and tell him I will call the police if he does not step down. He assumes I am bluffing so continues with his rant.

At this point two of my friend come out to see who is going on, I try to speak to them but the guy is shouting at me, I turn to him and say smartly "Excuse me for a moment", then I turn to my friend and say, "Go back inside", at this they leave, (I didn't want to get them involved). I take out my swipe card and walk through the swipe card gate into my secure hall. He follows me into the hall, just before the gate locks, here I call the police. He gets paniked as I called his bluff, I simply tell the police what is going on and leave them on the line, at this he walks out the gate, I hang up, he says "this will cost us both alot of money and legal stuff", at this I laugh loudly and say "that will be fun, I imagine my lawyer is little be better than yours". At this I leave.

After this I see my friends who I sent inside, and they congratulate me on standing my ground and smashing a man twice my size into the ground. I remind myself how I can never lose an argument, and will not rest until that pizza shop doesn't trade.

Tomorrow I will be calling trading standards.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
Re: 999 Calls
January 15, 2006 11:59AM
Yeah, but you're one chicken wing down.

Post Edited (01-15-06 20:59)

January 16, 2006 04:01AM
Why didn't you just give him the fucking chicken wings?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
January 16, 2006 04:18AM
Because I didn't have too, he would have just taken them and then I'd have no guarantee that he would give me the money...besides this way is kinda fun. Called the trading standards people today and they are gonna send a letter to me in a week, something about a 'suing complaint'. They said it was a joke what the company had done and assured me somethings gonna happen.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
January 16, 2006 04:18AM
ewe

s [insanesanity]
January 16, 2006 04:41AM
Leverage, Sofi. Leverage.

There are some pretty atrociously run fast food establishments around here too; and although by very definition 'fast food' is hardly going to be the most nutricious snack you eat... it shouldn't under any circumstances be prepared or served in a condition that will make you ill.

I tend to steer clear of all fast food nowadays; strangely, proper food is more affordable. Go figure.

January 16, 2006 05:54AM
I don't get this AT ALL.

No offence, but I if was your pizza delivery man, I'd have hit you for being such a smarmy git.

Side note - You're at Reading Uni, right? Go and see the Dan Priddy band. I have no idea when, but I saw them supporting some band on Friday and they are incredibly good, and mentioned playing up there sometime soon.

~ Sofi ~

January 16, 2006 07:19AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
January 16, 2006 09:51AM
Yer, but I was happy to accept the money back until he started threatening me. Also people tend not to hit me, i am not a big guy, but this guy was not far off. Also if he had hit me then that would have been great because then I could have pressed criminal charges as it was all recorded on CCTV. Besides I am a bit of 'smarmy' and any one who messes with me useually regrets it, much like this pizza firm it going to.

Anyway I don't mean to start any arguments, sorry.

Si

January 16, 2006 02:18PM
Keep us updated... I love drama as long as I'm not involved.
January 19, 2006 07:46AM
interesting story..I like it.. Its like one of mine.

I often will get all uppity over stuff like that.

it is fun to do ( in a sick way)
January 19, 2006 08:31AM
Wait a minute... so you didn't actually show the guy the chicken wings?

So for all he knew, you were some chancer trying to con him out of money when nothing was wrong.

I can understand why you are pissed at the establishment, but treating the delivery guy like that is just shitty behaviour.

January 19, 2006 10:33AM
lol yer it was one of those tiny stores, they all knew each other, besides he was the one with the problem. It was his call, I didn't want to show him the wings as he could have just taken them. Also I had nothing to lose, he had his livelyhood in the balance.

He was the one who ended up breaking the law...

(Oh and yer it is definetely a good laugh, a little bit of drama, but is kinda sick :p)

Post Edited (01-19-06 19:34)

Si

January 19, 2006 01:36PM
I dunno...i'm thinking you shoulda just shown him the wings...
January 20, 2006 02:06AM
January 20, 2006 03:09AM
lol no, I simply dont let people mess me around. I coulda shown him them but where the fun in that.

Si

January 21, 2006 06:20AM
But you mess other people around and talk to them like ****?

~ Sofi ~

January 21, 2006 06:31AM
January 21, 2006 10:13AM
He definetely wasn't doing his job right, and he was a 30 something year old man.

Si

January 21, 2006 10:32AM
January 21, 2006 11:30PM
Regardless of the whole situation, you sound like you talk to people like complete ****. "Unacceptable, you will hand me the money and I will leave and take this no further." Do you just have dreams of being in the Mafia or something?

~ Sofi ~

January 22, 2006 12:44AM
sofi123 wrote:

> Regardless of the whole situation, you sound like you talk to
> people like complete ****. "Unacceptable, you will hand me the
> money and I will leave and take this no further." Do you just
> have dreams of being in the Mafia or something?
>

theres no such thing as the MAFIA !!! AND THAT'S ALL U NEED TO KNOW.
January 22, 2006 01:40AM
January 22, 2006 02:59AM
Lou is in the mafia. Blatantly

~ Sofi ~

January 22, 2006 03:09AM
sofi123 wrote:

> Lou is in the mafia. Blatantly
>

no that would be wrong.

http://www.themafiaboss.com

January 22, 2006 04:04AM
Like I said man...I used to work fast food... we had no problem giving people free food and stuff for things like that but we wanted to make sure we weren't getting scammed. You shoulda shown him the wings, especially because it sounds like this is a small business not a major chain man. Just make sure you don't rub someone the wrong way someday man.
January 22, 2006 07:01AM
January 22, 2006 08:59AM
now you mention it i am a fan of the godfather films... nah i am more a fan of the sort of top business people, totally above everything. Lex Luthor for example is my hero, he can just do whatever he wants, he is cooler than the mafia.

Besides I didn't call anyone until he had threatened me and trespassed onto private property. Your right though I probably should be more carefull, some day someone will beat me at my own game I suppose...

Si

January 22, 2006 09:12AM
I take it you're watching the new season then.

January 22, 2006 09:17AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π