ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

black velvet

Posted by great198 

black velvet
March 05, 2006 07:22AM
does anyone know of this delicious concoction? half guinness, half hard cider. john lennon used to drink them. and they help me write stupid english papers better. it's a win-win situation for all!

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Re: black velvet
March 05, 2006 08:20AM
I've thrown one up. It wasn't nice. The actual drinking part I remember being fairly good, though.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 05, 2006 08:26AM
That actually makes a lot of sense considering how well granny smith apples go with Guinness. Never had one but I'm gonna make one some time now.

Is it layered like a black and tan or is it mixed?

-Mike

Post Edited (03-05-06 17:27)

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 05, 2006 08:34AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 05, 2006 08:40AM
That's what I feared.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 05, 2006 03:17PM
i'm not sure what a black and tan is, but you pour the guinness first and then the cider. it mixes pretty well. i think a little of the cider stays at the top. delish!!!!

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 06, 2006 12:24AM
Black velvet

'The heritage and history of Black Velvet? Canadian Whisky spans fifty years of master craftsmanship and dedication to quality. Black Velvet uses only the finest rye grains, corn and crystal clear Canadian waters to make a unique whisky known throughout the world for its velvety smoothness and premium quality. Originally called ?Black Label,? the name was changed to ?Black Velvet? at the suggestion of Jack Napier to reflect its uncommon velvety taste and smoothness.

Brand Name: Black Velvet
Category: Canadian Whisky
% Alcohol/Volume: 40% Alc./Vol.

In the late 1940?s, the Master Distiller Jack Napier discovered that by carefully blending his finest barrels of Canadian whisky he could create a uniquely smooth product.

The Manitoba Liquor board submitted the first order for Black Velvet. As fate would have it, Manitoba?s liquor laws at the time mandated that each bottle of spirits be individually boxed when sold. With no boxes available to complete the order on time, a local supplier suggested substituting a cylinder instead. The unique packaging became synonymous with the brand and is still available by special order today'

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π