ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Summer Album

Posted by The Turkey 

Summer Album
April 24, 2006 04:45AM
Forget playlists or compilations, because I don't believe in them.

What's a quintessential summer album for you folks? One that you can just put on in the car or at a barbecue or what have you and it's just ideal for the season? Doing more than simply posting an album name and actually giving reasons for it would be an interesting change for this message board.

Mine's got to be Lucky Boys Confusion's "Commitment."

I wasn't crazy about the album when I first got it but upon listening to it over the summer a couple of years ago while driving back and forth to Yankee games it's just become almost synonymous with summer for me. From front to back it's just one great, fun pop-rock, pop-punk album that screams "sing along to me while you're driving to the beach" or something.

Highly recommended.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: Summer Album
April 24, 2006 07:53AM
I'd say a tie between ReadySexGo! by Marvelous three and The Art of Rolling by The Blue Van. Both the kind of records where you turn your stereo up as loud as you can stand and then some and Just sing along. None of the songs sound too dark or weepy, more just alot of fun **** you type stuff.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 24, 2006 09:31AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 24, 2006 09:41AM
I take it back, i'm starting to like this Matthew Sweet guy. Also after listening to it again i'd add Third Eye Blinds's self titled.

Post Edited (04-24-06 21:55)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π