ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fucking Allergies, Man

Posted by The Turkey 

Fucking Allergies, Man
May 02, 2006 01:20PM
Just got out of the emergency room with "bronchial spasms" because my body thinks that some pollen is going to kill me and decides it wants to take care of the job first.

Couldn't breathe so they had me breathe through this machine for 20 minutes, gave me four (4) prescriptions, including Zyrtec, a nasal spray, an antibiotic and an inhaler, and sent me on my merry way.

Cut the fucking trees down.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: Fucking Allergies, Man
May 02, 2006 01:35PM
Crap, I thought I had it bad. I've gotten bronchitis a few times from bad allergies but nothing like that.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 02, 2006 03:14PM
I thought I had it bad, too. I constantly have itchy eyes and lately I've been having a very runny nose... like the kind where it doesn't wanna stay in my nose, it's all watery... mmmm.

I've been noticing it in vast quantities ever since my sister moved back in with her cat... and I had the itchy eye problem since we got cats... so I wonder if I'm allergic to cats in some way... but it also may just be allergens in the air or in this house, it's not the cleanest.

Wow that was probably the longest sentence I've ever written.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
May 02, 2006 03:17PM
My money's on you being allergic to cats because cats are awful animals.

I've never had allergies as bad as I have this year. Last year was mild and the year before that was bad enough for me to start using prescription medication, but this year is just awful.

I'm allergic to cats and dogs. Don't mind being allergic to cats since they are vicious beasts but I really want a dog at some point, so I'm going to have to teach it to not make me ill. By giving it treats. I'm sure it'll listen.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 02, 2006 03:21PM
There are some breeds that don't shed, mine dog doesn't and he's never bothered me though i'm visciously allergic to both.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 02, 2006 03:21PM
No no no no no. But I'm not even gonna argue any further on that one, haha.

But yeah, my friend was just saying that allergies are really bad this year for everyone. It's probably true.

May 03, 2006 12:31AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 03, 2006 02:24AM
What sort of dog is that, musicdude?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 03, 2006 02:46AM
Dogs > Cats.

May 03, 2006 03:31AM
Is your pillow floppy?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
May 03, 2006 04:26AM
Huh?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 03, 2006 04:37AM
I'll see your 'Huh?' and raise you a 'Que?'...

May 03, 2006 06:25AM
If your pillow is all floppy it means it's full of dust mites, dead dut mites, and dust mite faeces. Yummy. And they pretty much magnify any allergies you have.

~ Sofi ~

May 03, 2006 07:38AM
You don't say things like that.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 03, 2006 07:50AM
cat the other other white meat!!!!!
May 03, 2006 07:54AM
People kept telling you to fucking scribe that on the tablet with the other ten commandments... but did you listen?... noooo!

Haha.

May 03, 2006 08:05AM
My cat is sitting here glaring at you all and telling you how much you all suck. Expect dead, 'inside-out' birds in all of your beds in the near future....

Post Edited (05-03-06 17:07)

~ Sofi ~

May 03, 2006 08:08AM
cats don't come near me they know that they will be kicked too far!!!
May 03, 2006 08:12AM
He's a portugese water dog. Hard to find one though, as they were nearly extinct for a while. Much cooler than most non shedding dogs like bichons and such. He's really smart too, it's freaky how he knows things sometimes.

May 03, 2006 08:17AM
Give me a loyal, loveable if slightly stupid dog over a cat any day.

May 03, 2006 08:17AM
I got bitten by a Portugese water dog once when I was little. Then his owner tried to hit me with a stick.

~ Sofi ~

May 03, 2006 08:20AM

"But I'm so cute!"

Post Edited (05-03-06 17:24)

~ Sofi ~

May 03, 2006 08:29AM
Yup, and that's the vice that every cat uses to its advantage. Especially with you ladies.

There's evil in those eyes.

May 03, 2006 08:37AM
Dogs are cute too... but very annoying, usually. Cats and dogs are kinda the same that way, though, there's some bad ones and some good ones.

May 04, 2006 05:10AM
zyrtec works wonders for my allergies. i barely have any problems anymore (other than a constant stuffed-up nose, which i will have for the rest of my life). i also take a daily pill for my asthma, singulair, that helps a lot, too. i barely have asthma attacks anymore, but when i do, i always have my albuterol inhaler ready.

hopefully, zyrtec works for you, mikey.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
May 04, 2006 03:42PM
Zyrtec holds it down. I used it a couple of years ago and didn't need it last year but this year it's been my saving grace, for at least two days.

Is Singulair over the counter? I've got an albuterol inhaler, too.

What does an asthma attack feel like so I know? Is it what I was feeling the other night, the real shortness of breath and tight chest?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 09, 2006 12:32AM
I have a few things to say.

I have had asthma and allergies my whole life.

If one more person says "oh you won't be allergic to my 'insert pets name here' because _____________" Im going to kick him right in the nuts.

I'm allergic to cats and dogs--have yet to meet one which Im not allergic to despite what their moron owners say. No problem about cats. they suck. but like mike,, I love dogs and it sucks that I can never get one.

Proventil, albuterol and advair are my inhalers. Claritin & Zyrtec D are the meds. Nothing really works that great--they just keep it in check.

Mike---imagine lying on your back and having a 10-15lb weight on your chest--and try to breathe. Its a little easier to breather when you are sitting up---you want to suck more air into your lungs, but there just isnt enough room---.

on a scale of 1-10--my allergies today are a 10.

This blows.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π