ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Southern Hemisphere

Posted by sofi123 

The Southern Hemisphere
July 12, 2006 10:00PM
Going tomorrow yawning smiley) Never been to that whole half of the world before! Goodbye people, I'm going to run around the jungle and climb mountains and teach English and generally live like an animal for a while!

Have a great summer, everyone!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Re: The Southern Hemisphere
July 12, 2006 10:01PM
P.S. What's good to do in Miami? That's semi-near the airport? I have 8 hours.

~ Sofi ~

July 12, 2006 10:48PM
i am SO jealous of you.

have a fabulous time!

*~katie~*
July 13, 2006 01:14AM
Awww Sofi I'll miss you!!!!! You'll have a greaaaat time I know you will, that's so awesome! Have an amaaaaaaaaazing time... haha and I do agree I am very jealous. Bye!

~*wOOt!*
July 13, 2006 05:17AM
Heh. It's nice for you to be jealous......I'm fucking terrified!

~ Sofi ~

July 13, 2006 11:36AM
wait how far south in the southern hempishere are you going?
July 13, 2006 12:13PM
All around the world, we can make time, rompin and a stompin

~*wOOt!*
July 13, 2006 10:42PM
noooo don't be terrified. jungles are fucking amazing. just remember to wear snake boots if you're going out at night or off trail.

*~katie~*
July 14, 2006 03:08PM
I miss the young lass already

~*wOOt!*
July 17, 2006 03:06AM
Helloooooo!

I just bought a hat for less that a quarter of a dollar and got blessed by a lovely lady. La Paz is an awesome city! But some of it?s really, really sad. Like there are hundreds of street children that just sell bags of stones because they?re so desperate. We?re going down into the jungle tomorrow!

Adios yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

July 17, 2006 05:47AM
bolivia?

!que chevere!

*~katie~*
July 17, 2006 07:35AM
I hope you are having a great time!

~Kevin~
July 23, 2006 06:29AM
I am, thanks yawning smiley) Except everyone got sick yesterday so we had to put everything a day back.

~ Sofi ~

July 24, 2006 03:32PM
Oooo are you coming to australasia? New Zealand more specifically
August 03, 2006 05:58AM
Nome, I?m just travelling around Bolivia. Except I?ve just been in hospital the past few days because I have a pulmonary odema (sp?) and I?m probably gonna have to come earlier than planned yawning smiley( But I?m really OK, just the silly doctors and insurance people are stupid and petty. And I have the BEST adventure story to tell you as soon as I have more time. Seriously. It involves illegal private military flights and private jets just for yours truly.

Post Edited (08-03-06 15:00)

~ Sofi ~

August 03, 2006 07:56AM
When I hear pulmonary edema all i can think of is the countless shows i've seen and books i've read about everest.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 03, 2006 08:11AM
ohhh that must feel unpleasant.

*~katie~*
August 04, 2006 12:57PM
I?m out of hospital! It wasn?t that bad, it was just REALLY annoying as I felt completely fine (like, well enough to climb a 4000m mountain) and then they made me go to hospital. So in the past six days I?ve

climbed a mountain with a chest infection, tonsilitus and pulmonary edema which all gave me altitude sickness

been carried down the mountain in the form of piggy backs, a sling over a friends back and by riding a donkey (Jesus definitely did not exist; if Mary had ridden the whole way to Bethlehem on a donkey, she?d definitely have miscarried. It?s fucking painful.)

Been emergency evacuated off the mountain by two army cournels (Yea I can?t spell) kinda illegally, cause we weren?t meant to fly at night and they couldnt get permission but then i got worse and we had to go.

Been to three hospitals

Riden in three ambulances, one of which hadnt been used in 2 years so they had to push us down the hill back to the football field so we could go in the helicopter again

Met countless useless and totally disagreeing doctors

Flown across the country in a private jet

And now the stupid insurance people who are stopping me getting back to the rest of my trip are redeeming themselves slightly by putting us up in a 5 star hotel in SUITS. I have two double beds. Who on earth needs two beds?! If I wake up in the night and get bored of one, I can just switch over to the other! But I?m really sad about having to go back home, all my friends are staying out here til the 14th. And the worst part is I haven?t felt ill for more than about 6 hours out of the whole week. Silly insurance. This is a very self-indulgent post. I?m sorry.

~ Sofi ~

August 04, 2006 03:04PM
It's always interesting to experience the healthcare systems of different countries. I wiped out biking in italy and had to get x rays and all and it cost almost nothing. Would've been fives times as much back home. On another note the word colonel has always confused me. Where does that r sound come from??????????????????

Post Edited (08-05-06 00:34)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 05, 2006 12:16AM
Everything here is RIDICULOUSLY cheap. In terms of buying clothes, stuff costs pretty much the same in Bolivianos as it would in GBPs. A Boliviano is about an 8th of a dollar, so about a 15th of a pound. It?s awesome.

With the healthcare thing, I was really pleased my first hospital bill (I just stayed over night, got some pills and some steroids) was $8, so I felt nice and cheap. And then I got the helicopter bill and it was $5000. $900 an hour. Niiiice. Yay for insurance.

~ Sofi ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π