ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Girl Issues

Posted by FGAnderson 

Girl Issues
August 24, 2006 04:30PM
Well it's time to do what I always do when I have a problem... post my issue to you all for advice....

My girlfriend and I have been dating about 5 months and everything has been going good. I left for college last week and she isn't going away for school at the moment, but school is only about 50 minutes down the road from her. Anyway...since I've been back at school she seems distant and today she brought up something so weird.

She asked me where I saw us going and where our future was. I didn't know but I said it's to early to tell, but I hope it would involve her some day. Then she goes into these long drawn out situations as to if she moved across country would I follow her and would I give up things to be with her, and I dunno I just kind of freaked, But then I also realized it seems like she is looking for a way out of the relationship maybe. So what do I do?

I present this to you my faithful relationship handlers... thanks.

~Kevin~
Re: Girl Issues
August 24, 2006 06:45PM
hello.

she is being a GIRL. we think about **** like this... pretty much the moment we begin relationships. (what will our babies look like, etc) she is looking for security in the relationship as it has just changed a bit (with you moving away, albeit an hour away), she wants to know that you are all in... with the questions based around would you give up things for her etc, she just wants to know where you stand in the relationship.

granted you have only been together for 5 months and you are what 18/19? you might want to put that in, and say that you like her alot but you aren't really thinking about the future. you are more a 'one day at a time' type... she may not like this and want to split up, which may actually be a good thing as you are in two minds about your relationship.

at the end of the day she could either accept your feelings, or she could disagree and want to split up. either way whatever happens is for the best. you are 18/19yrs old and if you are feeling pressure put on you to make the relationship more serious than you are comfortable with then you need to let her know that, its up to her of course whether or not she accepts it.

------------------------------------
x.
christina

August 25, 2006 03:38AM
doom
August 25, 2006 05:22AM
i don't know, it sounds like a shady question to me, but then again i am defiantely not known for thinking like a gril when it comes to relationships.

*~katie~*
August 25, 2006 07:10AM
don't fret ... there's many wonderful women in this world, if she wants to go give her a push
August 25, 2006 08:21AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 25, 2006 08:55AM
Eh, I agree with Christina. Girls kinda tend to get serious sooner, I think. I don't think she wants a way out; I think it's typical things a girl would say. When she asks what happens if she moves across the country or other similar questions, just say you'll decide when/if that ever happens... though I don't know what to tell ya if it does, haha. Like Christina said, tell her you are thinking on a day to day basis.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
August 25, 2006 09:00AM
shes a great girl....I just don't know where this came from... i'll take your advice and let her know what's up.... that I care but that it's to far in the future to be bothered by something like that.... and we'll see what happens

~Kevin~
August 26, 2006 06:33AM
You answer the questions.

Tell her whether you'd follow her across the country, and if you don't know, tell her you don't know, and if that's because you don't plan that far ahead, tell her you don't far that plan ahead, or if it's because you haven't thought about it, tell her it's because you haven't thought about it.
Tell her if you'd give up things to be with her, and if you don't know, tell her you don't know, and if that's because you wouldn't know til the situation arose, tell her you wouldn't know until the situation arose.
Ask her if she is looking for a way out of the relationship.

Getting the picture? Relationships are only complicated because of the people in them.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 26, 2006 11:05AM
Its so funny when the girls are so GIRL! but man, just dont rush the things, when the time pass, even she will know that wants to be with you, she is just being a girl, is normal, in fact, just worry if she is acting too normal and good =P

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π