ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WASPs!

Posted by JoeShih 

WASPs!
August 27, 2006 08:56AM
A couple days ago a wasp appeared in my room in which I keep all the windows closed (i have no idea how it got in). So I killed it with an old newspaper.

The next night, I see another, so I attempted to killed it and missed. I found it on my bed later that night and then again attempted to swat it with a Guitar Center Catalog. I'm not sure if I got it or not 'cause I couldn't find the carcass. So after moving my bed around, I gave up looking for the carcass and went to bed.

Two mornings later when I return home from work, I see two of them flying around in my room, I opened the window to let them out but they wouldn't leave. So I closed it and left for my one day Vancouver trip with friends that morning. That night when I got home from the trip, I caught one sleeping on my bed and used the vaccum to suck it up. Then I went to bed.

I woke up this morning and found 3 wasps hovering over me, I was like where the **** are they coming from. As I got up and stretched, one suddenly dove at my finger, but didn't sting it (I guess it thought my finger was a flower or something). So by now I'm fed up and a bit worried. I grab my laptop and run to my other room that the wasps have yet to claim, and hide away and do a little research about bees & wasps. I read that they can nest inside air ducts, attics, and hollow walls. When I went outside, I noticed a lot of them flying around the window of my room, then I see an opening, a whole, the size of a baseball right above the corner of my window and then 5 wasps flew into it... then a couple came out... some more go in... and a few more come out. I watched it for a few minutes and realized that the wasps in all directions (from my neighbor's yard) all fly to that one hole--so now I'm convinced there's a nest in there, in my bedroom wall. And somehow, that nest also leads into my room!

Minutes later, I'm on the phone calling the Orkin man and the Terminix guy, but it's Sunday so I have to wait till tomorrow to get a call back about inspection and price. I'm just hoping it doesn't cost too much, any of you know what's the ball park on these sort of things?

So this story brings me here--I am currently still camped out in my hideout room with my laptop, as I faintly yell for help!

Re: WASPs!
August 27, 2006 09:52AM
WASPs built this country, heathen.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 27, 2006 10:01AM
haha WOMEN AIRFORCE SERVICE PILOTS (WASP)

August 27, 2006 10:59AM
Are you allergic to them or something? They're just fucking wasps.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 27, 2006 11:14AM
JUST FUCKING WASPS?

Not all of us go gallivanting through the jungle.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 27, 2006 11:23AM

Seriously, 3 or 4 wasps are not going to kill you. Just spend as little time in your room as possible until the death-to-wasps guy comes.

~ Sofi ~

August 27, 2006 11:25AM
No not allergic, but wouldn't the idea of a bunch of wasp nesting in your wall freak you out, what if they wanted to expand their nest or something and eat their way into the room. Also wasps unlike bees don't die when they sting you so they will attack at the slightest sign of threat. So if I'm sleeping and I suddenly turn over onto one of them, I don't want to be stungs.

The "I don't bother you and you don't bother me" idea wont always work when one is a big clumsy human. Plus, wasps are not pets!

August 27, 2006 11:26AM
It's true, they're vicious beasts. Like cats.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 27, 2006 11:30AM
Put a tray of honey in the corner opposite to your bed. Wasps likey honey, wasps no likey JoeShih. Add some poison if you're, you know, the kinda person that has poison floating around their house.

~ Sofi ~

August 27, 2006 11:32AM
I also swat my arms as a reflex when i feel something is there.

Actually, the couple that were in the room left, so I facinated myself by watching from inside the window, how many are flying in and out... 3 in... 2 out... 2 in... 6 out... and apparently, there's a sentry wasp, floating around the opening, guarding the door. Kinda cool if I'm behind glass. Then one hit the glass and spooked me. I ducked and stopped peeping.

August 27, 2006 11:34AM
honey wouldn't work, My home is also ant infested. Any sign of sugar, an hour later, a trail of ants will form. Thats why I keep cereal in the fridge and never eat in bed or leave crumbs.

August 27, 2006 11:36AM
Are you sure you don't just have wapping great holes in the insides of your walls?

Post Edited (08-27-06 20:38)

~ Sofi ~

August 27, 2006 11:37AM
I taped those closed already with tape.

August 27, 2006 11:39AM
I also have holes that you can stick your finger threw and feel the rain, but those are all taped up too.

August 27, 2006 01:19PM
We've got a somewhat similar situation here... we've got stuff in between our house and our garage which we intend to get rid of at some point, and the bees decided to nest there. So there's millions of them flying back and forth right by the back door. I got stung a couple weeks ago. Not pleasant.

Then we started to notice them flying around inside. We'd kill one then soon find another one flying around. There was a hole in the window where they got in as they flew around their nest. Yeah, I'd be very disturbed if I noticed wasps flying in and out of my room. (I am a giant chicken about all insects that bite or sting or just look gross... except surprisingly, spiders. Those I'm fine with unless it actually gets on me which I've never had happen that I know of.)

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
August 27, 2006 01:47PM
I love to go camping and when i'm camping bugs generally don't bother me at all, except for a certain bad experience involving a crap load of mosquitos and me running out of the tent screaming. Even just one fly inside will drive me insane though because i can't stand bugs inside, so maybe it's kinda like that.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 27, 2006 02:14PM
Yeah it is annoying to have bugs flying around. Moths can be especially annoying... they like to fly around my head. Usually if they get in the house one of the cats'll eat 'em, haha.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
August 27, 2006 08:00PM
with mosquitos, did you know when one is sucking on your tricep, you can just flex your arm, and its beak or whatever will get stuck in you and it will continue to suck your blood until it explodes... kinda like rice in pigeons

August 28, 2006 10:11AM
and here I thought to find a post on real WASPs.... White Anglo-Saxon Protestants.... buy some raid

~Kevin~
August 28, 2006 10:11AM
The Orkin Man and the Terminix Guys are evil, they were trying to charge us $250 USD to remove the nest with "30 day warrantee," for that price it better be 5 years.

SCREW THAT, two of my friends and I are planning an ambush this wednesday night, we're gonna sneak up with red flashlights (they can't see red apparently) and then with 3 cans, we're gonna spray the dog sh*t out of them. Now it's just count down to 0300 thursday PST

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π