ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone play a 12 String Acoustic?

Posted by Bones45 

Anyone play a 12 String Acoustic?
September 13, 2006 02:19AM

I recently received a fantastic 12 string acoustic as a gift-- the sound is absolutely fantastic.. Rich and full----

I have been playing a Fender strat for the past 10 years or so ( I should be alot better than I am).

1. Replacement strings.. Do they come sold as sets? 12 strings in a pack? Or two sets of 6?

2. The standard tuning is fine, and the E and B are the same as the original 6---but after that.. I got nothing. Any help? Are there 12 and 6 string electric tuners? Do I have to set 8 hours aside on a weekend to restring this guy?

I found this on the internet..

http://www.guitartips.addr.com/12_string_guitar_tuner.html

any thoughts, tips, or help would be appreciated.

I also have to get a capo for the acoustic-- Im not sure.. but I think that If I Am would be great on a 12 string.

I do remember John saying that he didnt like the 12 string. Too much work for you Johnny boy? LOL

Im amped.

I now have to learn every Melissa Etheridge song as she mostly plays an Ovation 12 string......

Thanks all.

PS. Please don't mention anything about the DiPietro signing.
Re: Anyone play a 12 String Acoustic?
September 13, 2006 03:11AM
Yeaap it comes with the 12 strings package!

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
Re: Anyone play a 12 String Acoustic?
September 21, 2006 02:43AM

Nobody can help me out on this one?

Genesis?

GuitarPlayer?

Mehdi?

WTF?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π