ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Recording Music w/ a Computer

Posted by UncleSam527 

Recording Music w/ a Computer
November 16, 2006 04:28AM
I know some of you here are into recording your own music. Do any of you do it using your own computer and recording software? I recently downloaded a program called "Kristal" and have begun recording with it. However, I am experiencing some latency, where I can play along with the "metronome" when I am recording, but there is a delay between the metronome and how fast the computer picks up the signal. The audio driver I have is the one that came with the computer, so probably just standard windows driver. Does anyone know how much a new driver would cost, or have one they would like to recommend?

Thanks.
Re: Recording Music w/ a Computer
November 16, 2006 09:13AM
When I used Windows I found that simply shutting down and then rebooting took care of it.

If you never want to have a problem with recording (or anything else, for that matter) get a Mac.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
November 16, 2006 10:00AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 16, 2006 10:02AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 16, 2006 10:08AM
Genesis

hey where's the picture bitch!!!!
November 16, 2006 10:22AM
I only ever used Cool Edit Pro on my laptop and every now and then I'd get this thing where there was this delay and I found that when I closed stuff out and shut down for a while and let things cool down it fixed things.

I think the biggest thing, though, was letting the little bar thing fill up before recording so it could set itself.

UncleSam, when you're setting a track to record, give it a second before you do anything. I really don't think it's as complicated as a sound card or RAM or anything. Just give it a moment to chill before recording.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 16, 2006 10:23AM
And what's Shadab look like?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 16, 2006 11:46PM
I recently bought an 8 track digital home studio (Korg D888). I don't need my computer but I realize I'm a bit limited, especially for the final mixes. Good sound though...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π