ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interview Help

Posted by fanoftheband 

Interview Help
January 15, 2007 07:04AM
OK so I have an interview tomorrow for a big management consultancy company for an industrial year I am taking out of uni. Anyone got any tips?? (I have never had a proper corporate interview before)

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
Re: Interview Help
January 15, 2007 02:25PM
When asked where do you see yourself in five years, don't say "doing your wife."
January 15, 2007 04:19PM
lol...dont be too tense they can smell fear!!!!

go in with the attitude that you're an asset to their company but dont be too cocky. If you arent confident fake it till you make it.

Remember they have already seen your C.V (resume) so dont memorise it and regurgitate it, elaborate on your accomplishments and be yourself...

When asked where do you see yourself in five years, don't say "doing your wife." <--- smiling smiley no no no no haha also dont say that you hope to be in the interviewers position they might take it as a threat.

What industry is it in?, cos im in advertising and i know that the more fun and unique you are the better so its dependant on the industry itself.

*Azure*
xxxx
January 16, 2007 09:25AM
Its in management consultancy (finance and technical). I went to it today, it was really quite hard, more of an interogation! I also have no idea how I have done, and I wont know for 10 days, there was just so much quick thinking!

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
January 16, 2007 03:58PM
ooooh

yep thats corporates for ya but did you feel like they were attacking you? Or were the questions good and in context? Dont stress though im sure you did really well. Keep us posted and I will be holding thumbs for you smiling smiley

*Azure*
xxxx
January 18, 2007 07:23AM
Well crappy news, I got rejected, but tomorrow I have an interview with Microsoft!

Si

January 18, 2007 09:55AM
Micro-who?

January 18, 2007 12:20PM
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 18, 2007 03:34PM
cooliolo

*Azure*
xxxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π