ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ugh... life is so dumb sometimes.

Posted by snowgirl2022 

Ugh... life is so dumb sometimes.
February 08, 2007 02:00PM
How do I make someone stop smoking pot without telling them to stop?

~*wOOt!*
Re: Ugh... life is so dumb sometimes.
February 08, 2007 02:34PM
Tell them about my husband's college roomie, who was so stoned he thought defrosting the fridge with an ice ax was a good idea. He punctured the freon tube and had the fire department out to the apartment complex.

A couple weeks later this same guy put bread dough in a plastic bowl with a towel over it, put it in the oven to rise, and turned on the oven. Again, the fire department paid a visit. Needless to say, the place smelled like burning plastic for the next couple weeks.

I'm sure there are lots of good stories about idiot potheads. Who wants to be remembered as an idiot pothead?!
February 08, 2007 02:37PM
you can't ,it's their life.
February 08, 2007 02:47PM
Never underestimate the power of sexual favors.
February 08, 2007 02:50PM
TrentTrueheart wrote:

> Never underestimate the power of sexual favors.

that better be some real good poontang.
February 08, 2007 03:19PM
pot is dumb, and it stinks

February 08, 2007 03:27PM
puff puff pass
February 08, 2007 04:12PM
lol... you go into their room and hide their stash!

Failing that i must agree with the whole sexual favours thing.

*Azure*
xxxx
February 08, 2007 11:25PM
or the withholding of sexual favors.....
February 09, 2007 03:42AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
February 09, 2007 05:02AM
There is a rather large difference in smoking pot and drinking. There's heavier consequences in smoking pot since it's a bit more illegal (it's illegal for everyone not just people under 21 or whatever the age is where you are). And it can affect if you can get a job. Plus it's just not pleasant to be around someone who is smoking it or has just recently smoked 'cause it smells worse than cigarette smoke.

I was once in a tiny trailer house where a bunch of people decided it was fun to start smoking right in the house... that was lovely. Fortunetely they went outside after being yelled at.

I don't think I'd try to make someone quit... I'd just make it clear that I didn't approve of it and try my hardest not to be around them when they do it.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
February 09, 2007 06:06AM
I love the smell of pot, though I once had a bad experience when I didn't know what I was doing and don't do it.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
February 09, 2007 06:37AM
Another way to get someone to stop smoking pot: have them switch to brownies.

And I don't think I know what pot smells like.
February 09, 2007 08:50AM
Well it's not that I'm going to try to make someone quit, becuase that'd be bitchy and stupid and pointless. But it really upsets me, because I really REALLY don't like it. I think it taints people in a way, almost like a loss of innocence. And what upsets me the most is the fact it makes people lie and try to hide things, and I just think it's a bad habit to get into. Ugh.

~*wOOt!*
February 09, 2007 09:03AM
February 09, 2007 11:56AM
You made it seem more like casual drinking, not problem drinking. I think this is also something people close to an abusive drinker would try to help stop even more so than probably someone who smoked pot.

Are there even any long term effects of pot? It doesn't really make sense why that is illegal when alcohol "gets a free pass."

February 09, 2007 04:02PM
From someone who used to smoke, nothing you can do will probably make them stop. Your best choice is to be upfront...if you hate it so much tell them you'll stop hanging out with them... if you aren't willing to do it then I wouldn't complain about it... it's all up to you.

~Kevin~
February 09, 2007 06:04PM
February 10, 2007 10:05AM
I'm not vilifying smoking, and I'm not putting drinking on a pedestal. I never even said anything about drinking in the first place! The thing I'm most upset about is the fact that it's my boyfriend who is smoking pot, who I've been dating for three years now, who has NEVER lied to me about anything before he started smoking and now that he's started, he weekly "forgets" to tell me about things that are really important. Or basically just lies or omits out of conversations what he's up to. So, basically I'm just upset by the fact we're going down a road that doesn't lead to a happy ending, and it just seems to have started because he's smoking. And I don't even know how much, or how often, because he wont tell me the truth! Bahh.

~*wOOt!*
February 10, 2007 10:11AM
Have you tried talking to him about the lying and that? I don't think there's much you can really do about the smoking, like Kevin said. My boyfriend just smokes regular cigarettes, and I can't stand it, yet that doesn't stop him. But you should definitely try to talk to him about the other issues.

February 10, 2007 10:12AM
Last time I smoked my heart exploded and I died and my friends were going to kill me and the water they gave me was poisoned and my fingers looked AMAZING.

Seriously, look at your dermal ridges. They are AMAZING.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
February 10, 2007 11:27AM
I think that i'm in love with wo0t hahahaha

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
February 10, 2007 12:16PM
Mike, you are a strange person.

February 10, 2007 04:55PM
February 11, 2007 03:42AM
Haha Giuseppe... why are you in love with me! That's cute. And Mike you are seriously so weird. What happened to that girl you wanted to get with?

~*wOOt!*
February 11, 2007 04:26AM
I'm not weird, all that stuff really happened.

And she's been gotten.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
February 11, 2007 04:33AM
By you?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
February 11, 2007 02:11PM
Oh dear, care to explain?

~*wOOt!*
February 11, 2007 07:37PM
Gotten by me, yes.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
February 12, 2007 07:14AM
w00t... don't waste time...I know you've been with him for 3 years... that is like an eternity when you are as young as you are...but honestly... from someone who used to smoke, YOU have to be the one to tell him. He's not just going to stop because he thinks you dont' like it. If you hate it enough then you gotta give him an ultimatum, if you dont' then you gotta just let it go. You can't have it both ways... because otherwise it'll just be back and forth. If you tell him it's either you or pot and the lying has gotta stop then you'll know how he feels. If he chooses the pot than screw him, you saved yourself from more heartache down the road, yea 3 years is a long time, but if he doesn't respect you enough after 3 years then is he really "worth fighting for" (as Nine Days Would say).

~Kevin~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π