ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Someone make a decision for me!

Posted by fanoftheband 

Someone make a decision for me!
February 17, 2007 07:28AM
In need of some advice (or just someone to make a decision for me really!). OK, so there is a girl I like at Uni, all is good, not 100% sure feeling is mutual but my friends tell me this is just down to paranoia and they regularly slate me for never taking anything more seriously with any girls I meet.

So basically we have this 'Facebook' thing, its like a Myspace for students. There is a website that seems to be unofficially attached which is one of those 'rate your friends' sites, it also has a feature where you can enter someones name you have a crush on and if they have done the same it notifies you both, so they dont find out unless they feel the same way. So i thought this would be a laugh and was gonna do it, until I realised she is credited for graphic design of the site. Now surely this must mean she would be able to find out who has a likes her without taking the risk as well (she knows the main web designer)?!

Should I do it anyway? And am I just reading into this too much?

(and now I feel like a 14 year old, and I also hate the word 'crush')

Thanks guys.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
Re: Someone make a decision for me!
February 17, 2007 09:39AM
No, don't do it. Ask her out.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
February 17, 2007 09:46AM
i have to agree with The Turkey here man.
but... if you are shy, like me, and you won't ask her out eventually, do it.
don't get into this too much, just do it.
in case she will know without doing the same, don't worry about it - because it will make her think about it for some time and if she knows she has the option she might get into it herself.
that's my opinion anyway
February 17, 2007 09:47AM
Don't do it. It'd be much nicer (and probably more productive) to find out someone likes you in person.

Post Edited (02-17-07 18:50)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
February 17, 2007 09:48AM
I'm a woefully shy and paranoid person but eventually you've got to get fed up with hidden love that may or may not be unrequited. It might just actually work out for you.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
February 17, 2007 10:08AM
i have to say that The Turkey is pretty sharp today.
i have to agree. don't listen to me - i'm small, he's big...
February 17, 2007 08:24PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
February 17, 2007 10:40PM
funny....
February 18, 2007 08:03AM
none of this electroic mess
man up and just ask her out
February 18, 2007 11:43AM
for once.... I can't believe i'm going to say this.... I agree with Mike....

Ask her out... I kind of have a crush on this girl too... but I'm in no hurry for anything.... I'm just going to wait a while... if I'm ready I'll ask her out in person though... Girls love it when guys are just straight up bold

~Kevin~
February 18, 2007 12:50PM
kevin....

way off topic,
but does any one ever call you k-fed?
February 19, 2007 05:31PM
hahaha.... my roommate does when he's joking with me but no... I don't think i'm anything like the guy... maybe that's why??? hahaha

~Kevin~
February 20, 2007 01:08AM
Yeah ask out in person. The worst thing that can happen is her saying no. I have to many regrets in my short life by not being up front with people.
February 20, 2007 07:58AM
if we were buddies i would call you nothing else
February 20, 2007 07:58AM
I'm givin a lady a nice bouquet later this week. Nervous as hell about it but ya only live once.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
February 20, 2007 09:53AM
So still havent really done anything about this. I dont see this person much really, different hall, year, course, but really just developed a kinda weird crush after an evening of fun. Odd thing is is that we had aggreed partially to go out (after we both had deadlines pass) but I never made any plans! I am paranoid to a stupid level about this sort of thing, I take any sort of non interest to be a blow off, even though she asked me out (not a date) before I asked her!! (I couldnt make it out the first time).

However I will be seeing her at a dinner I am going to on Friday, should be interesting, not sure if its a good opportunity to ask her out, the whole making a commitment after drinking. I am not a shy person infact quite the opposite, just I find making ANY sort of commital move extremely hard. And has me asking her out become trivial? I wonder what the hell is wrong with me sometimes!!!

Thanks btw, you guys always are a good source of advice!

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
February 20, 2007 03:14PM
musicdude wrote:

> I'm givin a lady a nice bouquet later this week. Nervous as hell about it but ya only live once.

Last time I gave a girl flowers, she stopped speaking to me for a week. I'll never do that again.

Post Edited (02-21-07 10:38)
February 20, 2007 03:35PM
Go trent....

She stopped speaking to you? Thats horrible

*Azure*
xxxx
February 20, 2007 04:12PM
Flowers are awful. So's jewelry. I write off broads who prop the two up on pedestals.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
February 21, 2007 01:45AM
Azure-Skae wrote:

> Go trent....
>
> She stopped speaking to you? Thats horrible

Yeah, it was this girl I worked with. I guess it freaked her out or something. She just didn't like me that way. To be honest, I don't know if anyone ever has.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π