ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The New Gospel

Posted by sofi123 

The New Gospel
March 23, 2007 05:33AM
Thou shalt not steal if there is direct victim.
Thou shalt not worship pop idols or follow lost prophets.
Thou shalt not take the names of Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer, Johnny Hartman, Desmond Decker, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix or Syd Barret in vain.
Thou shalt not think that any male over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a paedophile? Some people are just nice.
Thou shalt not read NME.
Thall shalt not stop liking a band just because they become popular.
Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry.
Thou shalt not judge a book by its cover.
Thou shalt not judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover.
Thall shalt not buy Coca-Cola products. Thou shalt not buy Nestle products.
Thou shalt not go into the woods with your boyfriend?s best friend, take drugs and cheat on him.
Thou shalt not fall in love so easily.
Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls? pants. Use it to get into their heads.
Thou shalt not watch Hollyokes.
Thou shalt not attend an open mic and leave as soon as its done just because you?ve finished your shitty little poem or song you self-righteous prick.
Thou shalt not return to the same club or bar week in, week out just ?cause you once saw a girl there that you fancied but you?re never gonna fucking talk to.

Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals no matter how great they are or were.
The Beatles? Were just a band.
Led Zepplin? Just a band.
The Beach Boys? Just a band.
The Sex Pistols? Just a band.
The Clash? Just a band.
Crass? Just a band.
Minor Threat? Just a band.
The Cure? Just a band.
The Smiths? Just a band.
Nirvana? Just a band.
The Pixies? Just a band.
Oasis? Just a band.
Radiohead? Just a band.
Bloc Party? Just a band.
The Arctic Monkeys? Just a band.
The Next Big Thing.. JUST A BAND.

Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-english speaking countries as to those that occur in english speaking countries.
Thou shalt remember that guns, bitches and bling were never part of the four elements and never will be.
Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, thou shalt not make repetitive generic music.
Thou shalt not pimp my ride.
Thou shalt not scream if you wanna go faster.
Thou shalt not move to the sound of the wickedness.
Thou shalt not make some noise for Detroit.
When I say ?Hey? thou shalt not say ?Ho?.
When I say ?Hip? thou shalt not say ?Hop?.
When I say, he say, she say, we say, make some noise? kill me.
Thou shalt not quote me happy.
Thou shalt not shake it like a polaroid picture.
Thou shalt not wish you girlfriend was a freak like me.
Thou shalt spell the word ?Pheonix? P-H-E-O-N-I-X not P-H-O-E-N-I-X, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you.
Thou shalt not express your shock at the fact that Sharon got off with Bradley at the club last night by saying ?Is it?.
Thou shalt think for yourselves.

And thou shalt always? Thou shalt always kill!

Click to listen

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Re: The New Gospel
March 23, 2007 05:58AM
Kind of ironic to spend almost 50 lines telling people what to do then end with "thou shalt think for yourselves," don't you think?

March 24, 2007 06:07AM
I'll stick to the Real Gospel... but this is interesting

~Kevin~
March 24, 2007 10:27AM
The Gospel of Judas is where it's at.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 24, 2007 05:20PM
The Gospel of Judas was written by Agnostics... although I'm sure you knew that I don't know why I'm telling that because if my memory serves me correct your a History Major right??

~Kevin~
March 24, 2007 05:54PM
Not "Agnostics."

It's considered a "Gnostic" Gospel, Gnostics being zany Christians who thought more and pursued more of the spirituality of themselves and their savior than is typically considered acceptable by those who monopolized the faith set forth by a man who challenged the traditions of his own faith by trying to make sure that everyone gives at least 10% of their income and don't question any of their own, officially licensed dogma.

You could also check out the Gospel of Thomas or just take a second and wonder to yourself, "Hey, where'd he go between puberty and his 30s?"

But I don't know why I'd tell you that considering you're a well-informed Christian, right?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 25, 2007 06:49AM
college

because i like my jesus to party
March 25, 2007 07:22PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the "Gnostic" Gospels written about 300years after Jesus's death.....
March 25, 2007 11:57PM
All of the Gospels were written well after his death.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 26, 2007 02:21PM
That's simply not true... Matthew is though to be written by many around AD 70, 40 years after Christs death, and pieces of the Gospel of John dating back to AD 100 were found in the River Basins of Egypt, meaning it had to be written at least some time before in order for it to make it's way out there.

The earliest churches taught out of the first 4 gospels and thus why they made it in as "official doctrine" while the Gospel of Thomas and presumably Judas were not accepted by the early church. I think to try to put the Gospel of Thomas or Judas in the same ballpark of the other four on the basis or "reliability in date written" is absurd. The accepted 4 gospels of the Bible are accepted as much more reliable than the others. If you don't believe me do some research on it.

~Kevin~
March 27, 2007 03:31AM
I can't beleive you took a song with lines such as "Thou shalt not express your shock at the fact that Sharon got off with Bradley at the club last night by saying ?Is it?" and turned it into a discussion about Jesus.....

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 27, 2007 04:23AM
"I'll stick to the Real Gospel... but this is interesting"

I was joking about this being the new Gospel... and I haven't really seen this as a discussion of Jesus, it's more a discussion on the historical writings about him

~Kevin~
March 28, 2007 12:35AM
But the reason the other Gospels weren't accepted were based much more on the politics of consolidating power, not necessarily reliability of truth in their faith. Matthew, Mark and Luke and nearly identical to one another and John hardly offers any truly radical departures.

My point is that these Gospels were written for a reason and banned for the above reason, but as far as Christianity goes there were devout Christians at a point before they were snuffed out by the Church that believed in these books, and as a modern Christian one ought to try and examine with an open mind what their religious ancestors (so to speak) were doing as their faith grew throughout the world.

It's entirely possible there is plenty of truth in these books that is simply denied because it is unsettling on some level.

I'm not saying run off and become a Mormon and believe in magical disappearing gold tablets, mind you.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 28, 2007 02:29PM
No, I definitely agree with doing research on the validity of the gospels. The validity of other books, such as the Gospel of Thomas or even the Apophycra (Roman Catholic Doctrine) which I don't accept as the word of God. I have found out a lot of interesting things.

I think a lot of people will believe some things written in history but throw out other things that have historical and spiritual components simply on the basis of the spiritual undertones or themes. I think that's very narrowminded, ultimately any religion comes down to faith, so even for the mormons who dont' have much history or archaelogy in their corner, they still have their faith.

~Kevin~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π