ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nine Days and Sony/Epic

Posted by DJStew 

Nine Days and Sony/Epic
March 10, 2003 10:27AM
Can any tell me the story or point me somewhere where I can learn about what happened between Nine Days and their label that made them part ways and made sony hold on to SHU... new to the board, huge ND fan and hungry for info.
thanks
djstew
Re: Nine Days and Sony/Epic
March 10, 2003 10:31AM
Umm... I don't think that anyone knows *why* it happened... But SHU is supposed to be released early summer, at least that is what John has told us. They are looking for a new label and getting close I think. But thats about all we know for sure (I think at least).

Welcome to the board... Watch out though, we are all pretty crazy... especially me! smiling smiley

Rock-on.Colleen.

March 10, 2003 10:44AM
I honestly forgot where I heard this and dont' know how true this is either but this is what I heard. Sony/Epic had ninedays make madding crowd and never erally promoted too well. They had them go ahead and make SHU because I think that was part of their contract but never had intentions to actually release it when it was made.

So basically Sony let them pay to make the cd and gave ninedays no choice but to leave sony/epic. So in effect sony forced ninedays to get released from them.

Like I said...I don't know how accurate that is but it sounds about right.

Post Edited (03-10-03 19:47)

~MeLiSsA
March 10, 2003 10:48AM
im Crazy 2, i Like Pussy

P.S Colleen Is So SEXY !!

http://groups.msn.com/Andreasoverseaspics/mestup.msnw
March 10, 2003 10:57AM
All right for the pussy loving guy. Keep it real/ don't front.. all right.

The lenghty story given I believe is what most people hold true. I'm happy to see that people responded fairly nicely to you and didn't get pissed at you for asking an "old" question.

Anyway, that's nice.

I do some modeling work on the side and I met a record label rep/ person for EMI that's one of the big boys for signing artists. Well anyway, I told them a little about ND and how they were released from Epic etc. And I also told them that ND was alternative but also magical i.e. special i.e. sign them. So if anyone can get in touch with John or the band etc. let them know that there name has been mentioned and maybe one of these days they can try to get in contact with Craig in Dallas with EMI. I told him ND would make them a lot of money. I don't think any of you would disagree.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
March 10, 2003 11:02AM
LOL Thanks... ummm.... I think... but I wouldn't call myself sexy...
ANYHOW-
Musclesmalone... did you come to this board last week? Because I don't think I've met you... *GASP* I'm Colleen smiling smiley Anyhow, try to email John at johnhampsonnd@aol.com and don't freak if you don't get a reply for several weeks or so...

Rock-on.Colleen.

March 10, 2003 11:28AM
Yes, actually I came on late last night but Beastie Boys and Nine Days are like my two faves so I try to keep it real on their boards. Anyway, the Bboy one is down so that leaves more time for this one.. as in all the time.. so yes, it's a pleasure to meet you and aww.. I'm sure your sexy.

Nods in approval#

You got my vote.. talk to you soon..

I absolutely love her when she smiles
March 10, 2003 11:34AM
Like I said, I can feel the love... smiling smiley

By the way, I'm procrastinating on doing some homework so I just keep hitting refresh like every 2 seconds or so....

Rock.on.Colleen

March 10, 2003 12:47PM
Colleen is a sexy beast. =P

Well, now you know it, the epic of Epic. Welcome to the boards.

March 10, 2003 12:54PM
Lissa! Why aren't you on AIM?!?!? *ahhh yeah* I'm too sexy...

Rock.on.Colleen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π