Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newbie from the UK..

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Newbie from the UK..
February 11, 2003 09:53PM
..that's me.

Just found the forums after following the link from the www.ninedaysmusic.com and good to see that despite Sony's obvious opinion on the matter, there's lots of fans out there!

I'm over in the UK so not much chance of seeing the boys live anytime soon but when they next venture over to NY, I might just jump on a plane and join the masses.

How many other UK people are out there?

Rich.
Re: Newbie from the UK..
February 11, 2003 11:48PM
Looks like the english invasion has started!!

Woooo hooo!!!!!!

(yup, i'm english!)

James Mead
February 12, 2003 12:03AM
rude!!!!!!!!! i totally started that ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meanies

(well technically sketch started it but he seems to have vanished so)
February 12, 2003 06:14AM
where IS our precious sketch, anyway??

Post Edited (02-12-03 15:26)

rachel......
February 12, 2003 07:24AM
I'm from the UK. Posted a few times on the other board. I'm off to New York on the 23rd, so maybe i'll bump into the guys! Haha.Rachel wrote:

> where IS our precious sketch, anyway??
>
>
>
> Post Edited (02-12-03 15:26)

l
February 12, 2003 09:30AM
i'm confused...
February 12, 2003 12:49PM
Its so cool to know that there are some Nine Days fans in the UK. Im not from the UK, but i am going to be going there in April for a foreign exchange thing. Its good to know that I wont be the only fan over there.

Heather [an american]
February 12, 2003 09:40PM
Where are you going, and what are you doing? I guess it's some sort of exchange with college? Can I do an exchange with you so I can go to America and see ND live? yawning smiley)
February 13, 2003 12:24AM
hey guys me too!! that is a newbie from the UK and lovin lovin lovin the 'mazin nine days :-) I just got the album Monday - quite randomly bought it cuz it was recommended on Amazon (since I like Vertical Horizon, Third Eye Blind, and LOVE Matchbox Twenty), and it's been on my stereo pretty much non-stop since.

Anyway peeps, I've checked the main cd sites for any of their old albums, but I can't seem to find any...anyone got any idea where I might be able to find them? I can't download the tracks on the site either which is kinda pants - I'm at boarding school and they got some kinda block on dl-ing stuff...gahh!!

And also - what's the deal on ND no longer being on Epic/Sony? That's just crazy!! 'The Madding Crowd' is a quality album, by a band that so obviously have loads more quality tracks to write.

Cya :-)

Cat

P.S - peeps in the UK, check out www.reflexcd.co.uk, if you're looking for older earlier music, they've got a pretty wide selection (no ND, but M20! yay :-) must be quality then), and 3 for ?16 (or ?5.99 each) on loadsa albums.

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 13, 2003 04:45AM
hey marmaladecat are you going to see MB20 when they tour here?

I am trying to get tickets for the wembley gig.

Have you heard the new album? It is amazing!!
February 13, 2003 07:13AM
Yup yup yup!! I'm trekking over to Manchester (from Leics, got a mate there) to see them... my other mate's seeing them at Wembley but apparently it's sold out. You tried Brummieland? Massive venue and it's pretty easy to get to...think it's quite near the station.

Yes I LOVE their new album :-) most of my mates got it for x-mass ;-) lol... as soon as I got it I loaded all the trax onto my MP3 player and listened to it non-stop everywhere for about 2 weeks...! Really p**sed off my house mistress cuz apparently we're not allowed to wonder round listenin to music. Tried to explain how my headfones were functioning as ear warmers but I'm not sure she bought it! Which is your fave track? They're like 9 days - I can't choose! Whichever I'm listenin to is my fave ;-)

Cat

Post Edited (02-13-03 16:14)

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 14, 2003 12:38AM
House mistress??!!
February 14, 2003 12:41AM
Boardin school dude!!

I am a free radical!

February 14, 2003 01:57AM
Blimey, I didn't know that anyone still went to boarding school. Is it one of those all-girl jobbies? Bit tough not being to wear headphones...
February 14, 2003 02:15AM
Hey, marmaladecat, love the name (cat)!! Cept I spell mine with a K.
Sorry, just woke up, bored, early morning rambling. Had to post something to keep me occupied...
-Kat

"The Password is..."
February 14, 2003 03:14AM
Lol no it's mixed - not that you'd know, the guys bitch as much as any girl I've ever met! ;-) and beleive me, there's tougher things going down than a ban on headphones...like church 3 times a week!! still, only like, 7 workin' weeks til I'm on exam leave hey? and only 6 months and 15 days til freshers week begins...wooooo!!

Cat

P.S - thanx Kat, I like yours too ;-)

I am a free radical!

February 14, 2003 07:02AM
Do any of you UKers know an underground band named The Hair?

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
February 14, 2003 07:05AM
nope sorry mate!! but let me know where i can find their music and i'll check 'em out when i can :-)

I am a free radical!

February 14, 2003 07:58AM
marmalade, which Uni you going too?

BTW, church 3 times a week? Is there that much to know? Not dissing it for anyone who is into that, but well you know, its alot!!!!
February 14, 2003 02:56PM
I can't remember the site at the moment but when I get it again I'll post it.

"I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me." Our Lady Peace
February 14, 2003 09:40PM
Yeah is a bit excessive...really starting to do my head in!! I'm off to Edinburgh - what about you?

I am a free radical!

February 15, 2003 02:05PM
Hey guys, its me the american. this might seem a bit off the subject but ive been so busy and havent had time to go online. so anyways....
When i go to the Uk, in april, im going to be staying in York. No its not a college thing, its actually a high school exchange. umm... i guess thats about it..

Heather
February 16, 2003 04:26AM
york is so lush!!!!!!!! you should have a really good time! providing it doesnt rain............
February 16, 2003 06:04AM
Yeah York is great - my mom's from near there (Leeds) and I got a mate there, she goes to Pocklington... I went to see the Uni there too and it was so nice, and the people there were really sweet - you'll have a great time!! but as if it wouldn't rain, this *is* england!!

So are you staying with a family or boarding or what? it sounds waaaayy cool...why don't we do that in england?! You're soooooo lucky - a year in america or canada would have been beyond cool...! I wish!!

Cat

I am a free radical!

February 16, 2003 06:27AM
While I am over there, I am staying with a family that is ten kilometers from york; so no its not a boarding school. it must suck staying at a boarding school that wont let you wander around with your headphones on....i think id go crazy i almost always have music on.....

Heather
February 16, 2003 06:36AM
Yeah it's mad. Anyway...my mate's talked a lot about a goth club called 'Spiders', not sure how close she lives to York or where it is but it sounds kinda cool, cheap drinks and stuff! So now you won't need to feel so lost :-) How long you staying for?

I am a free radical!

February 17, 2003 01:06AM
Church three times a week? Crikey, that's about the same number of times I've been in a church... ever.

What's so exciting about Fresher's week? At my university, it was just a dull affair of people trying to persuade to take up Bar Mat Decorating or rabid cat shaving. Mind you, that doesn't sound half bad - wish I tried it, now I think about it. ;o)
February 17, 2003 01:08AM
York? That's not a million miles from me - I'm in Harrogate. You wouldn't want to hang around with me, though - I'm 26. You know, over the hill and all that. yawning smileyP
February 17, 2003 01:16AM
Well me and my mate are gonna go kickboxing, which is exciting!!! (got to do it for a while last year, but guess what!? they made me stop so I could go to church instead...bitter?? just a little maybe!!), and I'm gonna fly up so I'll have to go shopping cuz it's not worth taking up my stereo and stuff, and...massive party!!

Sides, I don't know when my last exam is yet so I can't count the days til I leave school ;-)

Cat

Post Edited (02-17-03 12:27)

I am a free radical!

February 17, 2003 05:04AM
HEY! UK people! my my it's my lucky day! And people who like matchbox 20 2 yawning smileyD this is love! Want to see them this yr but I'm such a poor student! Saw them in 2000 supporting bon jovi wiv delirious! they are so amazing, rob was awesome live! But not many of the crowd had a clue who they are! Made me wanna cry! I love Jon Bon Jovi heh! How do you ppl like the goo goo dolls, lifehouse, 3 doors down, vertical horizon, 3rd eye blind, edwin mccain, counting crows, eve6, everclear, fuel, hootie and the blowfish... wish I could go on listing 4eva but you mite fink I'm weird or something! I'm in Southampton... home of craig david... erm hmm. I'm so proud of him! Maybe if we all get together we can persuade 9days to come and pay us a visit... I mean a lot of good american bands are coming ova the pond as of l8! Hey i'm seein bowling 4 soup soon! Heard simple plan is supporting, so if that was a lie I will not be happy! K well I'll stop talkin now, I do go on a bit... e-mail me if ya like! Be good to talk to some other people wiv good music taste! Surrounded by teeny-boppers... Anna

"I'm finding my way back to sanity again
though I don't really know
what I'm gonna do when I get there"
~Lifehouse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π