ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Glad to see the new site.

Posted by kdawgg 

Glad to see the new site.
February 12, 2003 07:20AM
I'm a new fan, even thought I've been listening to Nine Days for awhile.

I first discovered them about two years ago when I was temporarily working in California. I found a copy of "The Madding Crowd" that had been left in the CD player of my rental car. It was nice because I had forgotten my CDs, and radio in Northern California sucks. I was familiar with "Absolutely" but I have to admit it struck me as the type of song to come from a one hit wonder.

I had it completely wrong. I listened to that CD for literally the entire summer in California.... which is a pretty nice memory, especially now that I live in Chicago. Coincidentally, I also forgot the CD in the rental car when I left, so I had to go out and buy my own. I like to think that copy is still travelling around in that rental... but I doubt it.

A couple of months ago, I saw the band for the first time. They played Lakeview Links in Chicago, and that show really made me a Nine Days fan. They played a lot of great songs, and the one song I really wanted to hear was Revolve, but toward the end of the show, it started to look like they weren't going to play it. So I scribbled "REVOLVE" on a CD cover, made my way to the front of the room, and held it up. John saw it and laughed, but after their set was finished, he came back and said "I believe in satisfying everyone, which I guess is good for my wife". He then played a slow, solo version of "Revolve". It was awesome. My friends and I hung around afterward to shake hands, and get signatures. I think the band stayed around until just about everyone left.... I honestly couldn't believe it. One of my favorite shows..... I wish I was an IIT student, I go on Sunday.

I have a copy of SHU in my CD player right now... though I'll buy a real one when it comes out. It's honestly one of the best CD's I have, and on the short list of the ones I can listen to beginning to end.... anyone who hasn't heard it needs to get a copy somewhere NOW.

Anyway... sorry for the long post, but I just felt like sharing. I'm sure there are a lot of people here with similar experiences.

Re: Glad to see the new site.
February 12, 2003 09:28AM
i think you're awesomeyawning smiley) thanks for sharing that story! i'm sure i speak for all of us when i say that i hope you'll stay and post here oftenyawning smiley)
hugs!
February 12, 2003 02:02PM
hey kdawwg...great story, what part of chicago do you live in now?

February 12, 2003 02:17PM
Lakeview neighborhood, north side
February 13, 2003 06:29AM
awesome story!! i think itz soo meant to b that their cd was in ur rental car!!! smiling smiley

<3NINE DAYS<3
February 13, 2003 07:13AM
Defintely great story. It's funny how things work. I first heard nine days when my friend dragged me to a show at the vanderbuilt to see some ska band. I fell in love with nine days instantly and listened to their 3 song sampler that they gave out a million times. Until the Madding Crowd came out. I was so hooked I was waiting at sam goody in roosevelt field when it opened at 10AM to buy the Madding crowd. I'm sure we all have our own great stories about discovering nine days. I guess that's what brings us here.

~MeLiSsA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π