ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Chicago concert update

Posted by ashmb 

Chicago concert update
February 16, 2003 03:15PM
I just got off the phone with Lissa and John and Brian... in Chicago. Lissa called earlier (before the concert) to tell me that they were there and found out interesting news... I guess I will say a general statement and hope I'm not saying this wrong... but I was told that there is a new drummer - the one who played with them years ago. Lissa told me that July For Kings cancelled their part, due to weather. blah. But good news: They were allowed to have cameras... at first I guess they were told no cameras, but then John said go ahead and take pictures, so hopefully we'll see some good ones from the show smiling smiley Lissa, Colleen, and Katie all got set lists too, yay for my girls!! Lissa said they played 3 older songs (Lost You, Things We Said, and one other one I forgot already). And she pulled John and Brian aside after the show to say hi to me, since I couldn't go. John just said hi and chatted with me for a minute.. And Brian was telling me all the interesting things he has done while in Chicago... or what he likes to pretend happened. haha. Wish I was there!!

This was a lot longer than I thought it would be :\

-Ashley

"A dreamer's eyes are always open wide"
Re: Chicago concert update
February 16, 2003 03:53PM
the jealousy is positively EATING me alive....i would gladly have sacrificed the nice california weather and lived in an igloo in the north pole with only a t-shirt and shorts to wear, and only popsicles to eat for a month and a half if i could have gone to the show tonight.
February 16, 2003 05:23PM
YES! jfk didn't play.
that makes me feel a little better.
i bet they played 257, too.
i 100% guaranteed that, even when i thought we were gonna go.
so, yeah, i bet they played it.
i knew i shouldn't have read any of this.
oh well. :/

xo. hilary
__i find hope and it gives me rest. (hanson.net)
February 16, 2003 08:27PM
Okay, so it's 5 in the morning, and I have to work tomorrow, but I got myself all hopped up on caffeine for the drive home, so I'll give ya the run down...

I guess Vinnie and the guys had a final falling out. When we first got there, they were doing sound check and the lady who was getting our tickets for us saw us singing along and she said "You guys seem like pretty big fans, you want some inside info?" and she told us that Vinnie was gone and they flew someone else in to play. I don't know any of the details of the situation, John did speak briefly about it, but I don't want to stir up any trouble or start any rumors, but yes, Vinnie is gone.

The set was really awesome. Because the drummer used to play with them in the old days, they threw a bunch of old ones in there. Here's the set, not necessarily in order, because they changed stuff up:
Favorite Song
Lost You
The Joneses
Bob Dylan
If I Am
Revolve
Marvelous
257 Weeks
Good Friend
Things We Said
Bitter
Absolutely
Castles Burning
Dirty Poet <----- !!
All Along The Watchtower

After the show was really fun (duh, when is it not?) and the new drummer seems super nice.
John, we waited for you to come back out so we could say bye and all, but they kicked us out because they wanted to close the building. Oh well, have fun being stuck in Chicago and we WILL get you to pose next time, even if we have to beat you into doing it. hehe

Well that's all I can pull out of my sleep deprived mind for now. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. =)

Post Edited (02-17-03 05:31)
February 16, 2003 11:41PM
what wasd the drummer's name?? was it mike or keith??
February 17, 2003 01:57AM
It was Keith, Lou.

I'm going to drop off my pictures before work and pick them up on my break. I'll scan them for everyone when I get home tonight!

Post Edited (02-17-03 11:00)
February 17, 2003 02:10AM
its sad to see vinnie go AGAIN, but I wish him the best of luck on his future endevors.

Im not really shocked....but everything happeneds for a reason and sooner or later the reason will become clearer to everyone and things will be back to normal

someone...QUICK....post some pictures from the show and of Keith (wait...is this Keith john's brother keith, or another keith?)

Tacy<~~ has to go to work in about 4.5 hours and the roads are still horrible

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
February 17, 2003 02:16AM
wowo vinny is gone...

the set sounded amazing and i wish i could have been there but i am snowed in..blah! i cant wait till the pictures r posted!!

mwa
nicole
February 17, 2003 02:31AM
It sucks that Vinny might be gone...hopefully he'll be happy with whatever he decides to do now.

Post Edited (02-17-03 11:35)

BEN
February 17, 2003 02:31AM
URGH! I'd like to tell myself that I am never driving like that again, but everyone knows that is not true... Let's see... It's not John's brother, but Keith and John have known each other since 6th grade. (we got the whole formation story yesterday) Let 's just say that JFK would have been a great alternative to disonic, which is scary mad rage anger stuff... I feared for my life during their show. But Lissa and Katie and I were convinced disonic was reall "di soni, c" as in, "die sony, ci" (that's yes is spanish, probably spelled wrong).
ANYHOW. Ashley... what the heck were you and Brian talking about?!?! I heard Brian's half of the convo and lets just say that was a little oversharing (ENGINEER?!?!) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John also shared with us the fact that guys cause all the drama for girls, but guys also cause all the pleasure unless you're not into that... in that case, he would just like to watch. (HELLO... oversharing!) Brian was looking at John like......... umm.... okay.... And John said all this during the concert. (After the first song I believe).
Other things worth mentioning... The sound check lasted over 2.5 hours... We got there while they were playing Marvelous and it was over 2.5 hours before they were done. John felt like he was playing 'in someone's bedroom,' and requested the lights not be too bright. He also decided to mention the fact about cameras on So Far Away, which they played before Dirty Poet. And I was like... I NEED MY CAMERA! So I saved Lissa, Katie and me and ran like hell to get them. And then I took almost 20 pictures in 2.5 songs (we'll just pretend that they are spread out throughout the concert...) I called my little sister after the show and she talked to Brian and Nick... If you guys are reading this, thanks a ton!
Anyhow, unlike SOME people, I have class in about an hour and got back from the concert at 6 am, then got up at seven to move my car, crawled back into bed at 7:45 and then got up at 11:10... SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2003 02:35AM
OMG i wish i was there

sad smiley

instead we get a bunch of snow instead of a nine days show

ugh

February 17, 2003 02:55AM
Haha Colleen smiling smiley I wish I was there with you guys!!! I felt like I was though... I got all the fun scoop from Lissa... Sounds like you guys had an awesome time... of course you would though! Yes... Brian and I had an interesting conversation lol. He was talking about what he did while in Chicago. Funny guy lol. And we ARE going to make that drive again... when the weather is better!!! And I don't have 50 other reasons why it was a bad day to go to the concert.

I'm going to take Lissa's pictures in right now.. can't wait to see em!! I heard there were some good ones on there. I wanna see yours too... steal your scanner haha.

-Ashley

&quot;A dreamer's eyes are always open wide&quot;
February 17, 2003 03:11AM
awesome set list.

and i am now convinced i will never hear 257.
it just wasn't meant to be.

hols

----------------------------------------------
&amp;&amp;the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&amp;&amp;
February 17, 2003 03:13AM
i need a nine days show

February 17, 2003 04:31AM
Hey!
I was so pissed that July For Kings didn't open, damn the weather!
I actually felt bad for the band that did open, practically no one was moving when they were playing, some people went and sat back down, and at one point the band was passing out free cd's and someone threw theirs back on stage. I laughed for a second, but felt really bad for them.
I was suprised to see that their weren't as many hard core Nine Days fans there as I thought there was going to be!
But the show was great as usual, Jeremy wore my sweatshirt on stage, John was funny, and the guys stayed around for the longest time after the show.
BTW, I have a picture of Brian with a marker up his nose, if anyone is interested...j/k
That "no camera" policy sucked...they made me put mine in my coat, then I had to run to get it for the last song. Bastards...
The whole Vinnie being gone thing kinda sucks, but we don't know exactly what happened between them. Although I must say that Keith is rather cute!
All in all, it was a good night.

Lisa
February 17, 2003 06:32AM
hahah. LOOK I TOLD YOU. i'm a flippin' psychic. great setlist. wish we could have came, buuuut, oh well. :/ i guess no one happened to record it? blah. that would have been a great set to record. too bad.

sounds like everyone had muy fun, though. x) how was dirty poet? i've never heard it.. has anyone else?

-hilary

xo. hilary
__i find hope and it gives me rest. (hanson.net)
February 17, 2003 07:21AM
glad you guys had fun @ the show- sounded like it was a blast.

sucks to hear about Vinnie sad smiley but I wish him the best!

can't wait to see all of your pictures!

I def. need a nine days show asap....!!!!

*Val*

February 17, 2003 07:32AM
...val....
amy told me you think i don't love you anymore yawning smiley(
that is SO untrue....

i love you i love you i love you!!!
i've been a bad friend, i know...it's been a rough last few weeks. i'll be back to my old tricks in no time. in the meantime, just don't forget that i DO love you, kitten yawning smiley)
February 17, 2003 07:34AM
awwww RACH!!!!
I love you times a million!!!

You are so NOT a bad friend- so never for a second think that-!!!

Thanks for all the love
<3333 to you and everyone!

You just haven't been around much so I was just really wondering how you are doing etc. and if everything is alright.

Hope all is well smiling smiley
& def. keep in touch!

xoxoxox!

*Val*

February 17, 2003 10:29AM
"John also shared with us the fact that guys cause all the drama for girls"

EXACTLY, wow it's weird that a guy actually admitted to that.
February 17, 2003 11:23AM
Oh yeah, the also played So Far Away in there somewhere, I just kinda left that one off last night... hehe.

The whole guys being the cause of drama thing was rather amusing. John just kinda started rambling on and I think he said something like: "I know that this is a technical school, but I assume you guys still have a drama department... Unless the drama department is just the girls' dorms... But I have to admit, we are the cause of all the drama in your lives... but we're also the cause of all the pleasure... unless you're not into that... then you just go hang out in the girls dorms... and I'll just watch."

February 17, 2003 05:05PM
Disturbing, disturbing, disturbing... there was a lot of intimate sharing. ANYHOW. Lisa, I did kinda feel bad for the opening band, but did you see the moshers? and the crowd surfer? I was scared... But glad for the security guards! I thought there would be more hard core ND fans as well... and as for Brian and the marker... like I was saying... disturbing... I saw him do that...
Oh and here's a crazy thing that happened... No Sweet Home Alabama in the middle of Absolutely... I assume thats b/c of Keith. It was actually really cool to hear Abs. complete without interruption, well except of course the everybody sing along part. ANYHOW! I keep going off. Did you guys catch Jeremy playing superman on stage... *LOL* Okay... I need to sleep! And tomorrow I will update my signature... SLEEP TIME!
Colleen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π