ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

In this topic name a band you like but don't think anyone else here has heard of

Posted by WarioVsMooChicken 

Re: In this topic name a band you like but don't think anyone else here has heard of
February 15, 2006 05:59AM
Genesis, my fave song from Old 97's is 'King of the world', but I heard their records and they're a bit too country for me...
I have to admit, the only Old 97's song I've heard is "Nineteen", which had to have been released as a single and didn't get much success. Loved the sound - from what I heard on that song, lyrics could use a bit of work, but it got the message & feeling across well enough.
Re: In this topic name a band you like but don't think anyone else here has heard of
February 17, 2006 03:48AM
the obsoletes

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
February 17, 2006 05:25AM
David Ford

Re: In this topic name a band you like but don't think anyone else here has hear
February 17, 2006 05:34AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
February 17, 2006 07:04AM
River City Rebels

~Kevin~
Re: In this topic name a band you like but don't think anyone else here has hear
February 18, 2006 04:15AM
Whitelime
Alchemy
Septembre
Orange Room

**** it. All I can think of are either bands I know, or see locally. Which just don't count really. I'm far too mainstream for all this yawning smiley(

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
February 18, 2006 04:16AM
mando diao is an awesone band, i love "god knows"....

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
February 18, 2006 04:19AM
Actually I'm not sure if more than one other person would have heard of Guillemots.

~ Sofi ~

February 18, 2006 08:35AM
Rilo Kiley. I'm seriously into female leads at the moment.

Both musically... and... yeah, the other way.

Post Edited (02-18-06 17:40)
February 18, 2006 08:41AM
February 18, 2006 08:44AM
Skullfunked is a band I'm sure none of you heard of, because it's my buddies band. Sadly the only two songs they have posted aren't their best, but I will try and get permission to post a copy of my favorite.
http://www.niravstudio.com/skullfunked/

And matchbox20_is: I love Far Too Jones, one of my favorites from the middle school days. Sadly I need to pay an arm and a leg to track down a new copy of Picture Postcard Walls cause mine died :-\ I remember there were quite a few other fans of theirs on here as well.
February 18, 2006 08:47AM
Famous possibly, heard a lot in the UK, no.

February 18, 2006 09:33AM
Stephen Kellogg, the format, down dexter, Dakona, Michael Tolcher
February 18, 2006 03:58PM
OH! OH! i met the river city rebels at warped tour one year. the guy with all the curly hair couldnt get enough of my poison t-shirt. he kept shaking my hand and patting my shoulder. it was a little awkward.

anyway:

Greg Tannen
Shawn Mullins
The Matches
Graham Colton
Epic Hero

some of those are kind of famous, i guess.
February 18, 2006 09:22PM
Shawn Mullins? Gotta be living in a box not to have heard 'Rockabye'.

Speaking of which, Living in a Box.

~ Sofi ~

February 18, 2006 11:55PM
Collapsis
Mike Garrigan
February 19, 2006 05:09AM
Anechoic

~ Sofi ~

February 19, 2006 07:31AM
I've heard of October Fall, they're on the DecayDance label with Panic! At The Disco.

And Jason Mraz is really famous. He's released like.. five songs in the US.. Word Play and The Remedy are way famous..

How about Northstar?
Or 30 Seconds to Mars?
The Olympic Hopefuls
SpeechWriters LLC.

Good tunes, good tunes.

"...They'll smoke and burn it down, Rocking out with their new freedom, I'll sit alone on the couch, Coming undone..."
February 19, 2006 07:56AM
February 19, 2006 08:28AM
I never heard of them.. and I didn't know Jaren Leto was in the band.. and I really like him.. Someone made me listen.. I assumed I wasn't the only one who was sheltered. lol.

"...They'll smoke and burn it down, Rocking out with their new freedom, I'll sit alone on the couch, Coming undone..."
February 19, 2006 08:51AM
Breathe
a late eighties pop band

and

Talisman
a swedish band with lead singer Jeff Scott Soto

Post Edited (02-19-06 17:52)

John
===============
"We'll never know 'till we try..."
February 19, 2006 03:55PM
how about lazlo bane?
February 19, 2006 05:00PM
Speechwriters LLC is my friends fav band
February 19, 2006 09:52PM
February 19, 2006 10:14PM
jacks mannequin?they might be big in the US, i dont know!
Nice call with Michael Tolcher and especially The Format! A Nine Days fan in Boise? Closest one yet!
February 20, 2006 02:23AM
The Format...wow they are awesome... I saw them live last year with Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday.... that was awesome

~Kevin~
February 20, 2006 05:38AM
Boy Kill Boy were on Top of the Pops just now.

~ Sofi ~

February 20, 2006 09:50AM
yea i know the format as well as Jack's Manequin. i think if you know something corporate you could say you know jack's manequin by simple assosciation and the fact they don't sound different at all

ummmm......

Cartel? (throwing it out there, prolly some of you know them)
My American Heart
Houston Calls
Reeve Oliver (yet again, throwing it out there)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π