ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new songs...

Posted by johnhampson 

new songs...
July 10, 2006 04:16PM
yeah...we're writing new songs and i really like 'em...we've been taking it kind of slow so as not to repeat past mistakes, but it's been very positive...there are 4 brand new, finished songs and quite a few others that are awaiting completion..."Worth Fighting For" is probably my favorite..."I Want You To Remember" is weird and cool..."Good With Nothing More" is also quite good...and "I Am Just As Through With You As You Are Through With Me" is also cool and different...Brian and I collaborated on the melody and lyrics for that one, which we normally don't do...

we will be playing an outdoor festival in late August (Sayville, LI)...details soon...we will be recording the best of the bunch in August and booking some shows for September/October...

as for my unfinished "solo" project, i dont know what i am going to do...there are some great songs that i want to get out, but i am really concentrating on ninedays...i will probably put them up as demos on my website and some of them may end up as ninedays songs...

that's all for now...hope you are all enjoying this hot, humid summer.

john

Re: new songs...
July 10, 2006 05:26PM
Finally, some good news!

Does this mean you will be touring or are these shows just around the LI area??

Post Edited (07-11-06 02:29)

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
July 10, 2006 06:23PM
wow. very cool, guys. can't wait to hear the new material.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
July 10, 2006 07:24PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
July 10, 2006 07:35PM
You are quite ridiculously fantastic.

That's a great news! I'm really happy you guys are all enjoying working together again. Plus all of the obvious benefits of that for us yawning smiley)

Have a great summer, guys.

*Grins like a loon*

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
July 10, 2006 10:02PM
Good to hear my brother, it's the best news i've heard in a long time.
Good luck in the shows and in the studio with the new songs - it sound very promising.
since "17:38" and "Alive Today" both you and brian wrote some killer songs (so unfair, best we'll ever be, welcome to, worse than it seems, suddenly, smile again, angels on vacation, day by day etc. etc) so i'm sure this album will be the best ninedays ever recorded!

and i'm sure that the whole 'solo' project will end up well - and it dose'nt really matter if it comes out as ninedays songs... GOOD LUCK and i hope you will get much richer this summer!!!

Post Edited (07-11-06 07:17)
July 10, 2006 11:27PM
Aww you're playing the seafood festival again? Sweet! Katie, does that mean we can sneak into the "VIP" section even though we don't have wristbands again?! Hahaha.

~lori~
July 10, 2006 11:32PM
Best freaking new in longgg timeeee=D=D=D you rock man!

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
July 11, 2006 05:32AM
I agree to be on the Nine Days street team when you guys make your comeback smiling smiley

~Kevin~
July 12, 2006 12:22AM

here is the question of the day. When John says that Nine Days is writing songs,

Does that mean that John and Brian are together writing and creating with acoustics?

Or does that mean that the Nick, Jeremy, and Vinny are back? Or somewhere in between?

THAT is the question.
July 12, 2006 12:23AM
OWWWW those news rocks!!!!
its cool that u you both are more focussed on ND yet, so the new material shouldnt take too much time and the resuld will be great, im sure. =D

just one request...
when you guys record it, record it togheter, with backvocals of one of you when the other is singing, or maybe a both singing song like This Music. This make that the cd sound more like a band work as a solo one (my opinion).

...and maybe a very last one request...
what about a rebirth songs on it...like Too Much Love or Nobody? >.<

Thx a lot for the update John, u rock

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

July 12, 2006 03:33AM
yay! excellant news! I can't wait till the seafood fest! Im takin off work for that! im so happy =)

*~Bernadette~*
July 12, 2006 05:02AM
Seafood fest??? do explain...

~Kevin~
July 12, 2006 05:25AM
Oh, this post makes my day :-)

Cait
July 12, 2006 06:54AM
perfect.

rachel......
July 12, 2006 10:36AM
to answer a frequently asked question; Brian, Nick, Vinnie and I are writing songs together in a rehearsal room; Brian and I also bring in ideas or somewhat realized songs and we finish them as a band...Jeremy is not involved at this point and i don't think he will be on a musical level...maybe artwork and graphics, but not on keyboards...we did ask him if he wanted to be involved but he declined...so, at the moment we are working without a piano/hammond player; but Brian and i are writing parts for keys that will be recorded and played live by someone, at some point...it is all good.

john
July 13, 2006 05:12AM
thats very cool then =D

July 13, 2006 12:32PM
indeed my hard rocking amigo
July 14, 2006 12:46AM
John, this is truly great news! That sucks about Jeremy though - having the entire original band together would have been magical. But you guys will, of course, still kick ass!! Maybe Brian should break out the Strat and you should break out your Tele like in the good ol' days. Rock on!!
Re: long time no see
July 14, 2006 07:09AM
hey hey hey.........john it's dylan! from high school, man. i've been out of the country for many years and just back recently. heard rumors you were doing well but almost fell over when i realized that song i heard on all the top radio stations in japan was you guys! trying to get a hold of you and information about whats going on. you guys are playing in sayville soon? hope i can catch you. later, dooood ;-)

July 15, 2006 09:44AM
Between John's solo tunes and the 4 new ND songs (with more to come I am sure), We are already up to a full album's worth.

I feel excited about the future with ND again.
July 15, 2006 11:40PM
http://www.limaritime.org/seafoodpage1st.html
http://www.limaritime.org/limm/photos9.htm
SE AFOOD FESTIVAL 2006
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26
SUNDAY, AUGUST 27
This year, the festival is proud to announce a very special, homegrown-centered
musical lineup featuring Long Island natives:
Zebra
rock legends best known for their song
?Who's Behind the Door,?
they were recently inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame)
Shannon McNally
the soulful singer whose hit song, ?Now that I Know,?
received extensive radio play and was featured on the Sweet Home Alabama soundtrack)
Nine Days
?Absolutely [Story of a Girl]?
which received a gold record from the RIAA
Blotto
MTV pioneers famous for such fun-in-the-sun songs
as ?I Wanna Be a Lifeguard?

Also confirmed are local favorites
Seven Turns
the 9-pcs. Allman Brothers tribute band
and
Maryland 's own Inishowen
(singing maritime music of the seafaring nations on both festival days!)

?.with many more acts to be announced shortly! Stay tuned for details!

July 16, 2006 01:07AM
I love the song I Wanna Be a Lifeguard!!!!
July 16, 2006 08:42AM
hahahhahhahah...whata **** song...the backvocals freak me out

July 17, 2006 08:19AM
good news

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
July 19, 2006 07:56AM
Hopefully we'll find out soon as to whether or not they're performing on Saturday or Sunday...hoping for Saturday...I have tentative plans for Sunday that I could get out of if needed, but I'd rather not, lol.

~lori~
July 19, 2006 08:58AM
SUNDAY BEOCHES!!!
July 19, 2006 10:13AM
bddesveaux wrote:

> SUNDAY BEOCHES!!!

oh well i'm out.
July 20, 2006 01:07AM
Boo. People are going to be pissed at me for backing out of plans. Oh well.

~lori~
July 20, 2006 01:32AM

Eff ninedays..

its all about ZEBRA!!!!!

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
AS I SAID BEFORE
TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π