ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new songs...

Posted by johnhampson 

Re: new songs...
July 20, 2006 03:18AM
too bad for them, lori. this is a mandatory event.

*~katie~*
July 21, 2006 12:29AM
I have not been on this site for about 2 months and to read this sounds great. John, your songs were amazing solo and will be even better as ninedays songs. Go for it.

Post Edited (07-21-06 09:30)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
July 21, 2006 06:34AM
i'm with katie on this one lori - youre going, im going, were all going
July 21, 2006 12:31PM
AngelaChase9days wrote:

> i'm with katie on this one lori - youre going, im going, were
> all going

nope i have to work.
July 21, 2006 03:19PM
nine days shows with me lori and katie > work
July 21, 2006 04:02PM
AngelaChase9days wrote:

> nine days shows with me lori and katie > work

$30,000 in debt !!!!
July 22, 2006 10:06AM
How about make a Symphonic BITTER version? yeah yeah I'm a genius, I know

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
July 22, 2006 10:26AM
Hey John, I can't tell you how excited I am hear about new music from you, Brian, and the rest of Nine Days. I'm a huge fan of your music.

My question is this:

Since your solo project is a complete question mark, is it possible that you might throw some of the songs you wrote during your solo project to end up on the next Nine Days album?

Basically, I'm wondering if any of your demos like Brand New Me or Nothing Better might end up on the new album since they're really on nothing else? Both songs are two of the best songs I've ever heard, especially Brand New Me. Honestly, if you do throw Brand New Me on there, I wouldn't touch it. The demo version is simply memorable. Alexi Murdoch found a way to screw up Orange Sky on his full length LP compared to the memorable version on the EP. I'd hate to see something like that happen.

That's if you put it on the new album. In all honesty, as a fan, I hope you do.
July 24, 2006 02:23AM
I think the songs John has already shared with us should stay away from any new ND album, but there are songs that we have not heard or downloaded that might be worth putting in with the band.
Personally, I would rather hear all new stuff rather than rerecordings of Johns already fantastic solo songs.
July 24, 2006 05:07AM
upstge, I hear your point. Really, I do.

However, I just feel it would be an injustice and somewhat selfish if some of John's stuff does not get out there and shared with the rest of the world. I feel that others should have the opportunity to embrace everything that John, Brian, and the rest of Nine Days have to offer including John and Brian's solo work. Lennon and McCarthy operated in a very similar fashion. They would go off on their own, write their own music, then record it together.

I'd just hate to see some of their demos get lost and drift into obscurity. They deserve release because simply, they are that good. I would think that fans should been given that opportunity.

I see bands make these mistakes. They'll scrap songs they recorded, but never released in favor of songs written at the time of a new album even though the song(s) they didn't release are simply better than what they have written before. I guess if Nine Days came to a point in their career where they released a Box Set, then I assume these songs could get included for us die hard fans of the band.

I just would like others to hear some of their unreleased work. It really deserves justice. It doesn't deserve to sit on a shelf collecting dust.
July 24, 2006 07:03AM
If there are old songs that are good enough to make the album, then I'd love to see them become Nine Days songs. The rest could always be compiled into a little digital download-only album. That way they get released without the band having to worry about manufacturing or things like that.

In fact, they could tag on some more rarities like "Another Day" and have a nice little Nine Days rarities package.

July 24, 2006 07:08AM
Another Day's out on the soundtrack album to the movie Summer Catch and i'd assume that's where it's staying.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
July 24, 2006 08:01AM
or they could release a double cd. one cd ninedays and the other john's solo material or johns and brians solo stuff on that cd.

July 24, 2006 09:51AM
I know where "Another Day" comes from. I was just suggesting that if they were to put together out-takes and that sort for a downloadable album then they could add other rarities too. "Another Day" was the example I chose because it's the only one I could think of on the spot.

July 24, 2006 01:45PM
Yea it would be pretty awesome if they did put "Another Day" on one of the albums. It is a pretty good song IMO.

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
July 24, 2006 03:30PM
Nine Days is like a cat, I love it!

Good stuff boys, keep doing what you love.
July 24, 2006 06:42PM
Another Day is a song to the face, but brian, i think, said once that the band hates this song.
it's a good idea about the rarities cd, but not very practical. i think that the band is into new stuff right now, and as much as we fans want to get an official cd with normal recordings of old songs (like Nobody, Tuesday Morning, Self Esteem, Too Much Love etc.), i don't think it's gonna happen.
A long time ago they mentioned something about re-releasing the old albums (Something To Listen To, Monday Songs, Three), and i belive that it didn't happen due to financial terms. And of course, i'm still waiting like all of you to a promise that So Happily Unsatisfied will be released this summer and the world could keep on turning.
Man, if i had the money i would have given it to them myself, these are all great great albums that needs to be out there, purchased by millions.
peace.
July 26, 2006 06:40AM
Shir wrote:

> Another Day is a song to the face, but brian, i think, said
> once that the band hates this song.
> it's a good idea about the rarities cd, but not very practical.
> i think that the band is into new stuff right now, and as much
> as we fans want to get an official cd with normal recordings of
> old songs (like Nobody, Tuesday Morning, Self Esteem, Too Much
> Love etc.), i don't think it's gonna happen.
> A long time ago they mentioned something about re-releasing the
> old albums (Something To Listen To, Monday Songs, Three), and i
> belive that it didn't happen due to financial terms. And of
> course, i'm still waiting like all of you to a promise that So
> Happily Unsatisfied will be released this summer and the world
> could keep on turning.
> Man, if i had the money i would have given it to them myself,
> these are all great great albums that needs to be out there,
> purchased by millions.
> peace.

They would be purchased by millions too because ninedays are an amazing band.

Post Edited (07-26-06 15:41)

July 26, 2006 08:30AM
If only the world was that simple my friend.

Post Edited (07-26-06 17:56)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
July 29, 2006 06:26AM
If you're looking for a keyboardist, check out http://www.myspace.com/jsdkeys

His name is Joshua Drew, he's outta Texas but he's gone on tour will some names and as far as I know he's not touring now. *shrugs

-Amy

*booty booty booty booty rock it everywhere...*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π