ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

so I got "Slow Motion Life" in the mail today

Posted by Delhomme 

so I got "Slow Motion Life" in the mail today
January 22, 2007 03:02AM
wow ! what a cd, I've gotta say this CD is my new favorite. The new studio version of "Brand New Me" is amazing!!!

I'm glad there is a booklet with the lyrics, that's something that is sometimes overlooked. the artwork and all is great

can't wait for part two

see ya in Maryland
Re: so I got "Slow Motion Life" in the mail today
January 22, 2007 03:37AM
OWWW COOL, cant wait to get the booklet xD

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

January 22, 2007 05:04AM
arghhh show offf!!!! i hope mine arrives by next week
January 22, 2007 05:42AM
I got mine it is amazing!

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
January 22, 2007 07:55AM
hmmm when did you guys buy it? I bought it the day it was to be released (though I heard you could have gone through the process the day before?)

Sometimes you get an email confirming its shipment (shipment, not payment) before you get it...did you guys get that email? Because I havent yet...=(

I might just be nervous because I didnt get my FTCJ until 3-4 months after I ordered it.
January 22, 2007 08:02AM
no e-mail about shipment, I paid for it right when the site was updated on the 18th. I bet you'll get it tomorrow
January 22, 2007 08:27AM
I'm listening for the second time right now and oof it's good. They changed just as through from the version we heard earlier and definitely for the better, not that it was bad at all before but the little changes completely solidify it. The bears are in the super bowl and there's this new wonderful disc, life is good.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 22, 2007 08:36AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Got mine today so excited....awesome book! Sounds great!!!!! Can't wait for part two....Nine Days rules!!!!!!!!!!

"I am living every day all in"
January 23, 2007 07:47AM
Is the CD in a plastic case or card like FTCJ?
January 23, 2007 07:55AM
case

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 23, 2007 08:03AM
wow...
I just ordered 5 copies of the new EP and 5 more copies of FTCJ.
costs allmost 100$ (includes shipping...).
a lot of money but i don't care because that money goes to the band, and we all know they deserve it.

can't wait to hear them already (too bad, it usually takes more than a month to get here because of all the custom issues).
January 23, 2007 08:46AM
I should probably actually buy this at some point, methinks.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
January 23, 2007 09:58AM
Got mine today too!
The new stuff sounds great and I love the album art!

Lisa
January 23, 2007 09:59AM
yep mine came today...

great cd!!
January 23, 2007 12:00PM
After a couple more spins, I just thought I'd follow up to say that its really, really great...even the songs that I wasn't too much a fan of on the promo mp3s.
January 23, 2007 11:03PM
got my copies today! amazing, new shoes is so awesome!

but i liked the original brand new me lyrics "sorry if i talk too much and bore you..."

January 23, 2007 11:30PM
JoeShih, I noticed the lyric change there too, but I think the new line fits the song more
January 24, 2007 07:31AM
i second the praise for "new shoes". fantastic song.

the rest are great, too.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
January 26, 2007 04:10AM
I just got the new cd and it is quite amazing, 7 days to get to the uk as well so that was pretty quick! The entire cd is one of the best I have heard in years, and I agree with the new shoes praise it is one great song.
January 26, 2007 08:05AM
I'm still waiting for my.
January 30, 2007 09:16AM
Still waiting on mine too. I feel like I ordered it FOREVER AGO. C'MON MAILLLLL I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

~*wOOt!*
January 31, 2007 05:35AM
Oh wow, that was awesome. I think "Worth Fighting For" is my favorite, but I love it all.
January 31, 2007 06:23AM
i ordered 5 copies of SML and 5 more FTCJ, and i have to say they got here pretty fast - in less than a week or so it came to israel and made me a happy and cheerfull man
February 01, 2007 12:09PM
i'm still waiting :'(

February 03, 2007 12:18PM
I finally listened to it and I must say that I love the CD. It's awesome and Brand New Me is different. The arrangements are a little different and its a little more orchestral.

Personally, I like John's solo version of it with pretty much the guitar and piano. The Piano in the new version fades into the background along with John's voice. In the solo version, his vocals are really up front and they drive the music. In this version, the music drives the vocals. It's a slight difference.

Again, this is all my opinion and completely subjective. The new version will take getting used to, but its good. The older version just has more rawness to it especially in the music and vocal performance. Perhaps I'm alone on this one.

Worth Fighting For is easily the best song on the CD.

If I had to rank the songs:

1: Worth Fighting For
2: A Girl In California
3: Brand New Me
4: New Shoes
5: Suddenly
6: Just As Through With You

Excellent CD. Love the arrangements especially on New Shoes where John and Brian are singing together at a higher tone totally in unison. That's the best part of that song for me. They are having fun.

I'm glad I bought it and it will be in the rotation for awhile. I just wish there were more songs!
February 03, 2007 02:01PM
Awwww I LOVE this CD so much.... it makes me so happy and sad all at the same time. Ha... awwwwww.

~*wOOt!*
February 21, 2007 11:17PM
I agree the vocals are more up front and it has that raw sound to it on the original. I prefer this new version though with the strings at the end, gives it a big epic anthem sound. Love it.

My top 6 would be:

1. A Girl In California
2. Just As Through With You
3. Suddenly
4. Brand New Me
5. Worth Fighting For
6. New Shoes

When I first heard demos of A Girl In California and Just As Through With You I wasn't really sure about them but they have turned in to great songs.

The graphic design is good and the promo cards were a nice little suprise. Nice to see the band busy with lots of shows.

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π