ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Santa Fe Show Re-cap

Posted by FGAnderson 

Santa Fe Show Re-cap
February 03, 2007 06:36PM
So it's 3:30 am and I just got home. Show was amazing... Jeremy was feeling under the weather and I think Brian was too but they both played through. Only played one song off of So Happily, Unsatisfied mostly everything came from The Madding Crowd or the New EP. If I get a chance when I'm not so tired from driving and what not I'll give a set list that they played. The guys were awesome though and for my first time ever seeing them live was amazing. It was awesome meeting John too. To those on the board that were there, I thought I recognized some of you but I'm a little shy so I didn't wanna just come up but I hope you had a great time as well.

Night all...

~Kevin~
Re: Santa Fe Show Re-cap
February 03, 2007 06:36PM
PS: Mike, Jeremy did not do the handstand on the keyboards, he had the flu so there was definitely no chance of that happening tonight...hahahaha.

~Kevin~
February 03, 2007 06:58PM
FG where were you sitting or standing? I just got home too, it was a long drive back

set list was something like this (not in the correct order and I am missing a few songs)

Favorite Song
If I Am
Wonderful
29 Year Old Girls
Bob Dylan
Worth Fighting For
257 Weeks
Marvelous (partial)
Suddenly
Revolve
The Moment
A Girl In California
Absolutely
New Shoes
Nine Days Of Rain
So Far Away

I'll remember it clearer after I get a good night of sleep

February 04, 2007 01:37AM
ow...great set list...ninedays of rain =O

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

February 04, 2007 01:53AM
AMAZING show!! I can't believe it had been almost 4 year since I'd seen them play live and they still remembered me! :0) They are SUCH great guys. To anyone who this was their first show, you definitely went to a good one (even if Jeremy couldn't do the handstands cuz he was sick).

~KT

"you should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
February 04, 2007 03:39AM
Delhomme... I was parked right next to your car....hahahahahaha.... I talked with John for about 5 minutes after the show beside it because I was getting ready to leave... ummm... that set list seems about right....

What was that song they played at the end?? I'm sure it was a cover but I couldn't put my fingers on it....then again I could be way off... anyone know.

I was sitting at the bar during much of the night but when the guys came up I went up and stood on the right side of the stage. My buddy and I got there at 7 so we sat patiently for about 4 hours or so for them.

~Kevin~
February 04, 2007 04:58AM
The last song was watchtower. Nine Days of rain was played for me, and the part of Marvelous was played for KT....Brian's voice was bad so he didnt do all of it. John asked me and her to sell cds so I told him our payment was our favorite songs! OMG I soooo loved that show. It was one of their best, even if Brian and Jeremy were under the weather some. It was so worth the wait for that show. I still cant believe it never started til midnight but oh well. To everyone that was there, I so hope you had the best times ever, especially if it was your first show. There will be more to come in the Baltimore area (at least John is hoping anyway!) and KT and I will be there..no matter what!
February 04, 2007 10:52AM
FG - haha yeah, we drove up and got there about 6, ate at applebee's, walked around and did all we could to kill some time before going in, didn't wanna get a parking ticket from the parking police so we made sure the parking meter was fed properly.

we definately had a great time, loved every minute of the show!

Post Edited (02-04-07 20:07)
February 04, 2007 07:05PM
so did you all notice that Brian, Vinnie, Jeremy, Nick and Charlie were all having dinner when you first walked into the door? I was suprised nobody was up there talking to them. As they started to leave KT and I went up to Brian, so thats how we knew the show was going to be really late. That is why I love this band. They are always 100% accessable and easy to talk to about anything. smiling smiley
February 05, 2007 12:48AM
did anyone take pictures? i took a few and i'm going to get them downloaded this week, but i wanted to see if anyone else had some good shots.

~KT

February 05, 2007 02:35AM
Good to see they are still ending songs with So Far Away. Its just the right thing to do.

Revolve is another great song live
February 05, 2007 02:57AM
They didn't end with So Far Away. They ended with "All Along the Watchtower". Brian was tearing it up too. It was my boyfriend's first ND show and he was really impressed. Also, they played some of "Sweet Home Alabama".

~KT

February 05, 2007 04:18AM
Yea.....the Sweet Home Alabama was right in the Middle of "Absolutely..." it was pretty awesome. I talked to Brian a little bit right when he came in, he was putting out fliers around the place. You could tell his throat was a little sore....poor guy. I didn't see John though until after they came back from eating or whatever. Oh well, the venue was a pretty nice place actually even though I don't drink anymore, and I definitely hope they come back to the area again, I had a great time. Bought three copies of the new CD to give to people around here to drum up interest in the boys.

~Kevin~
February 05, 2007 04:49AM
I took a few pictures, it was sorta hard to get great shots being close to the stage because of the elevation, but a few turned out pretty good

February 06, 2007 03:14AM
Some people I thought I recognized from the board, but I wasn't positive... been a while since Lou had us all posting our pictures up here. He's the only one that ever gets us motivated to do that...haha.

~Kevin~
February 06, 2007 03:30AM
FGAnderson wrote:

> Some people I thought I recognized from the board, but I wasn't
> positive... been a while since Lou had us all posting our
> pictures up here. He's the only one that ever gets us motivated
> to do that...haha.
>

still open if u want to put a new one up or just get a 1st one up.

http://www.ninedaysmusic.com/phorum-3.4/read.php?f=1&i=47969&t=47969&v=f

February 06, 2007 03:45AM
Delhomme wrote:

>I took a few pictures, it was sorta hard to get great shots being close to >the stage because of the elevation, but a few turned out pretty good

some of my best shots are from right up front.

February 06, 2007 03:46AM
sicpup71 wrote:

> Delhomme wrote:
>
> >I took a few pictures, it was sorta hard to get great shots
> being close to >the stage because of the elevation, but a few
> turned out pretty good
>
> some of my best shots are from right up front.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

AND JESS AND RACHEL STOP LOOK AT JOHN'S ASS/OR LACK OF.

Post Edited (02-06-07 12:47)
February 06, 2007 06:33AM
usually up front shots are really great, but in this situation i might have had a better vantage point from back at the merch table and the side door since the stage was about 10 feet in the air! i'm going to get those off my camera tonight (first chance i've had) and post them up and give everyone the link. :0)

~KT

February 07, 2007 04:02AM
OMG Lou!!!!

i was TOTALLY checking it out too!

you know me well, my friend. you know me well.

rachel......
February 09, 2007 04:38PM
caught me too...
February 11, 2007 02:01AM
these pics are not from the Santa Fe Cafe show....they are older. ???

john
February 11, 2007 02:03AM
yeah I was thinking the same thing
February 11, 2007 02:05AM
I think he was just saying he takes some of his best pics from up front

the lighting in the Santa Fe' made it hard for the pictures I took during the show to turn out good
February 11, 2007 06:17AM
Delhomme wrote:

> I think he was just saying he takes some of his best pics from
> up front
>
> the lighting in the Santa Fe' made it hard for the pictures I
> took during the show to turn out good

yep the up front thing was my point, sorry john.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π