Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BB Kings Show last night

Posted by Bones45 

BB Kings Show last night
February 26, 2007 02:00AM
What a night!!!

If you have never been to BB Kings on 42nd street---definitely make it there if you can. Nice big place. $$ drinks though.. but its 42nd street ...comon now.

Very cool to see Nine Days on the marquee. I hope someone got a pic of it b/c I forgot the camera (duh). Lou?

There were 3 opening bands. the first one I think was from Boston but they sounded pretty country to me.. country rockish. Not bad.

Second band was pretty much a "Jet" wanna be.

Third band was junk. Not my style.

Spoke with John for a little bit before the show. I got some info for the curious.. no Sannen.. i didnt ask about re-releasing the demos.

SHU- I asked about the status of this and what if anything is going to be done. He said that its up on the site for free download--he/they aren't really too concerned with it as they are concentrating on the new stuff.

Apparently Sony/Epic still has the rights to it--until 5 years has passed--some sort of Statute of Limitations thing? not sure.. Doesn't look like Sony is going to do anything with it---nor did I get the feeling that John wanted to do anything with it. Just download it.

They are not actively pursuing any major label. To do so would make the guys "jump through hoops" deal with all the B.S.

The show was awesome. Not that they have played alot in the past two years---but this was the best show in years. I dont have a set list ( I never do). There weren't any surprises. 257 was maybe the only unexpected treat. They finished with So Far Away.. no watchtower.

Bitter was unexpected and NOT a treat (sorry Bri.. I never liked that song). I don't know if it was the energy from the crowd, the venue, the snow, or the fact that they havent played in a substantial setting as this in a long time---but they sounded great, and looked like they were having a blast.

I'm not going to name drop but someone said that Worth Fighting For was the best new tune. "Im a Buddy Holly fan" he/she said.. and then continued to rock out!!!!

They went on promptly at 10 (unbelievable, right), and I think we were walking back to Penn in the snow by 11:30.

Well Done. I believe Lou took a bunch of pics and will probably post a link to them here?

now stop making excuses all you pansy asses and find a date when you can go see them. They are back!
Re: BB Kings Show last night
February 26, 2007 02:57AM
Sounds like a great show, sorry I missed it.

~lori~
Re: BB Kings Show last night (Set list)
February 26, 2007 03:15AM
Grabbed the set list from Nick's side of the stage, here it is for anyone interested:

1. Favorite Song
2. If I Am
3. Bob Dylan
4. 29 Year Old Girls
5. Girl In California
6. Wonderful
7. Worth Fighting For
8. 257 Weeks
9. Bitter
10. New Shoes
11. Suddenly (A Brown Eyed Girl)
12. The Moment
13. Absolutely/Sweet Home Alabama/Absolutely Conclusion
14. So Far Away

One Cool footnote was right before they did Absolutely someone asked John to play "I Feel Fine" for her friend, he said "Perhaps not tonight," a big awwww comes from a couple people in that area and with funny slight sigh John says "alright..." and he did the first few lines... "Breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me - God i think you're beautiful you're stirring every chemical in me..." then goes right into Absolutely. Very cool moment as i LOVE that song and wish they could work more from that record into the set list but, amazing show regardless.

<Back into lurker mode>

Richie
February 26, 2007 04:10AM
haha that was me who yelled for I Feel Fine....i did it for this 13 yr old girl with her mom, i felt old in the midst of young teenagers.....
regardless, great show and john is hot.
February 26, 2007 04:15AM
How did "Worth Fighting For" sound live? I'm just curious to know if they are able to capture the same intensity live that they do on the recording. If they can pull off that level of intensity, it must be quite a powerful song to hear and see live.

I have to hear John sing that "Finish what you say, don't throw it all away" line live that he belts out on the CD.
February 26, 2007 04:36AM
i owe lou $6.

rachel......
February 26, 2007 04:53AM
Yeah i gotta say the crowd was skewed a bit younger then i thought and it made feel a little old myself amongst the surprisingly (rowdy, at times) younger set there LOL. I guess Absolute is still resonating with the younger top-40 crowd today, which is cool. Maybe some of them will even grow into the more dedicated and track down the rest of ther work and expand the fanbase even more! :-)

Great request, btw, loved the little snippet of that song...
February 26, 2007 05:00AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
February 26, 2007 06:13AM
worth fighting for sounds amazing live, even tho new shoes is my fav...

February 26, 2007 08:40AM
just got home from the show(too the long way) only 258 pictures to go through ,might take a little time will post when there up.oh and scott no i didn't get that shot sorry, and rachel it's $8.

Post Edited (02-26-07 21:52)
February 26, 2007 10:02AM
pit
February 26, 2007 01:05PM
i caught vin's drumstick but some girl asked me for it, she said she was from israel...is she on this board?

I've never been so alone and I've
I've never been so alive.
February 26, 2007 04:18PM
I... wanna rock'n'roll all night

February 27, 2007 02:36AM
with interest, right? i know, i know.

rachel......
March 02, 2007 02:56AM
March 02, 2007 04:34AM
jer rocked the sax!?!?

-Bryce, Utah
March 02, 2007 04:44AM
Author: pit (---.c3-0.avec-ubr1.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: 02-26-07 22:05

i caught vin's drumstick but some girl asked me for it, she said she was from israel...is she on this board?

I've never been so alone and I've
I've never been so alive.

Wow man, who is that girl from Israel... i'm from here too, i have to meet her, i didn't know there are any fans here besides me and my friends...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π