Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Choosing Universities

Posted by sofi123 

Re: Choosing Universities
December 02, 2007 10:11PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 04, 2007 08:17AM
Only semi on topic, but the University of Chicago has been my semi top choice for college for a decent while now and apparently the number of admissions from last year is up 45% percent. I was confident in myself before but this really doesn't bode well. Ick.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
December 04, 2007 04:26PM
December 04, 2007 10:40PM
Some certain number that I don't have usually applies for the early option of their admissions thing. Because Harvard, Princeton, and University of Virginia removed similar early options all those kids applied to U of C instead and so yea their numbers are way up.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
December 05, 2007 12:06AM
December 05, 2007 07:48AM
I'm applying to a few liberal arts type places, I should easily get into.

December 06, 2007 05:48AM
That's a right pain. D'you know what you want to major in?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
December 06, 2007 07:55AM
Some combination or one of English, Philosophy, Political Science, and Film. In other words, no.

December 06, 2007 01:25PM
At my school they had this mixed major, but I forgot what all was mixed into it. It was communication and arts and something else. I think it was for teaching. You could see if they have something like that at your school and then minor in political science.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
December 06, 2007 01:27PM
Having a really low income like I do helps too to get into a U.

My grades weren't so bad, but my family income was so low, they didn't even have to read my essay.

My financial aid's estimated parent contribution every year is like 15 (dollars that is)

December 16, 2007 10:43PM
You can actually be choosen or rejected based on your family income?!

Got accepted to Oxford Medical School yawning smiley) Magdalen college yawning smiley) Today is a good good day yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
December 20, 2007 06:31PM
SOFI THAT IS AWESOMECOOL. so i'm guessing that you're going to oxford?

oh i'm thinking of going to LCF (part of uni of the arts london)... still kind of up in the air as i make money now and am used to living in a nice house and i don't think i can stand living like a student in london for 4-5 years...

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
December 21, 2007 08:05PM
December 22, 2007 04:27AM
'afirmative action' or something like that. I know almost for a fact that I got in easier because of my family low income.

Another example is gender, females have a really easy time getting into early admission to majors like Computer Science

Anyways, congrats on your acceptances!

December 22, 2007 12:28PM
I should've done computer science... I'd probably have a much easier time finding a good job right now.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
December 26, 2007 07:20PM
That's awesome, Sofi. I knew years ago when you were but a 14 year old scamp that you had it made for yourself.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 14, 2008 02:19PM
Grats. I read this post because my parents are bugging me about looking for colleges. I am ultra-undecided on even a general direction to head for a major. I like math, physics, flying, taking things apart, and putting them back together. Getting into a college I like shouldn't be hard cuz I'm 3.8 gpa, national merit, top 5%. I just don't know what to look at. Any pointers?
January 14, 2008 09:20PM
Hey Sofi
Havent been on this site for ever. But congrats chick thats quite an accomplishment. So which one is it going to be...Oh and College/Uni life is the BEST!

*Azure*
xxxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π