Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy Holidays - new music update...

Posted by johnhampson 

Happy Holidays - new music update...
December 01, 2007 10:31AM
Happy Holidays to all!

I'm not sure how to "update" the status of new ninedays music, but I am sure that I can update you all on the fact that I am writing - alot. Some (most) of it does not really sound like "ninedays" to me, so I am still trying to figure out how exactly to go about presenting it. Jeremy and I have been trading files back and forth and developing the songs, and I am really inspired. For many reasons, this collection of songs will have to be out by the Spring, so it will not be too long of a wait - regardless of what banner it flies under.

ninedays will definitely be playing shows all around the country in the Spring/Summer again, so there will be reason to be excited about that, too. I know Brian is doing some cool stuff outside the band, and the best scenario is that there is just more music to listen to, including new ninedays. Either way, there are no idle hands or minds here. See you soon!

John
Re: Happy Holidays - new music update...
December 01, 2007 11:01AM
sounds amazing
December 01, 2007 01:17PM
looking fwd to them new stuffs. bet theyll be awesome
December 01, 2007 03:20PM
good to hear. good luck
December 02, 2007 04:05AM
spring! dope!

December 02, 2007 01:43PM
wooop woooooop!! smiling smiley
December 03, 2007 01:15AM
I can't wait, spring will be here before you know it
December 03, 2007 01:15AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 03, 2007 10:03AM
Best of luck with the writing/recording/making it fabulous process...and don't work TOO hard over Christmas!! And please, come back to Chicago in the summertime!
December 04, 2007 04:34AM

WHERE ARE THE SHOWS JOHNNY BOY???

Just play!

group, solo, whatever!!!
December 05, 2007 09:28AM
Hey - did I miss something or was there news on part two of SLOW MOTION LIFE? Has part two been scraped?
December 15, 2007 01:43AM
Oh boy, here we go again...separate projects.

Slow Motion Life Part 2 will be 2009 at the earliest and more likely never created at all. That's too bad.

I wonder why John and Brian think they cannot work on their songs together with the band. Who says that NineDays "sound" cannot adapt to change?

Come on guys! Stick together!
December 15, 2007 03:55AM
i understand your pain man but let's calm down my brother...
and hope we will hear new music from the guys (ninedays or separate...) soon.
our role in this 'relationship', as fans, is just to do that and support, and not to critisize the plans of brian and john, because most likely - we don't know what exactly is going on with the new songs or the band dynamic as people who watch from the side...

let's hope they will stick together (because they have a great power as a band and less power on side projects) and will be focusing on the new music in 2008 as much as possible for an indie band, and that this upcoming new brian project will bring us more music and not less.
December 15, 2007 06:25AM
I think we should be thankful for the gift that John & co. have given us with their music so far and not criticize them. I would love to have the band record CD's together all the time, but their creativity shouldn't be demanded by fans or anyone else. They know that the music they make together has a certain extra something - they said that when they did SML: P1.

-Bryce, Utah
December 15, 2007 02:38PM
I welcome the feedback, so do not feel that either "side" has to adhere to any sense of reverence for the band. The fact that anyone cares enough to even remotely debate the validity of a "solo" or "outside project" versus ninedays music is pretty cool in its own right.

There is something special about all five ninedays guys making music, or at least there is to us. But if, for whatever reason-and it does not have to be anything contentious- we are not all on the same page, then there is no 'magic.' We're not all on the same page right now. I am looking forward to playing lots of ninedays shows in the spring and summer, but I don't know when we'll work on a new ninedays record. Now that I've written this, it will probably happen tomorrow, right? It will happen...but, not tomorrow.

I am very focused on finishing a new record with Jeremy (and whomever else ends up on it). The songs are very much 'me', but better. It is a definite departure from "seventeenminutes...", but not so much that you won't recognize it. I'll post demos soon...I am happy to be making this music right now, and that is a great feeling. Sometimes being in a band means fighting, compromising, forcing, giving in, etc...These feelings can, and often do, lead to creative and interesting results, but, my god, sometimes it is so nice to realize a musical idea/vision without having to do any of that.

John
December 16, 2007 11:29PM
Looking forward to hearing whatever you guys might put out in the future.

Merry Christmas xx

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
December 17, 2007 11:01AM
Thanks for the response John. I personally know what it's like to deal with creative differences in a band, so I totally respect your position. And I think it is very cool that you will be working closely with Jeremy on your next project.

That said, my angst about NineDays not "being on the same page" for further studio work right now relates more to my still keeping the dream alive for NineDays to have some further national success. I suppose the basic problem with the solo projects is that they might sound great with the right polishing and dubbing in the studio, but they are not going to have that full, rich NineDays sound played live.

As always, I remain a loyal fan...since 1998 when I happened to catch you guys at the Bitter End in NYC and it was absolutely magical.
December 17, 2007 11:13AM
You can never go wrong with JH solos!

'Worse than it seems' is still one of my fave's.

Also: WEEEE, we were younger than, now we're old again. we neeever should've stopped laughinggggg... now the sun will set, throwing shadows on, the haaapiness that we once haaaad...

December 17, 2007 01:24PM
I dont think that ANY of the guys ( teacher included) wouldn't love to have national success.

the problem is, and WAS, that there is no interest in rock bands anymore. You need to be a talentless blonde whore with big tits, or tote .45's around and blast people in the hood. That is the type of garbage which is on the radio now.

That being said.. I love Pink...Keep your drink, just give me the money Lori....

I remember John mentioning that Epic didnt know how to market the band.. or at least that was the excuse.. and if you look at what is doing well in the market today---its the same junk..

You dont have 3rd eye, matchbox, Nine Days type stuff on the radio anymore.

Just my .02
December 18, 2007 01:23PM
It's just you and your hand tonight...

Oh Scott, where have you been all my life.

~lori~
December 26, 2007 01:50AM
good to have a update

Post Edited (12-26-07 11:46)
December 26, 2007 02:50AM
Both John and Brian have put our really incredible cuts on their own, I agree. "I Want You to Remember" is deeply moving and "Good Friends" has a great message and tune that's always in my head.

It would have been cool to see Brian in concert with the boys in Vegas, but Charlie was cool and tore it up. I'm just sayin' it's not all bad to have some branching out.

-Bryce, Utah
December 26, 2007 09:08AM
Band... solo... it's all good. I'm just glad John is keeping on keeping on. As long as the fire burns in him, I will support him no matter who else is on the project with him.
December 26, 2007 07:18PM
I'm curious to hear what the different stuff might sound like, especially since Jeremy seems to have a pretty good hand in it. Always love new stuff.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
JPG
January 02, 2008 02:44PM
Can't wait to hear something new John, it don't matter if it as nine days, or solo, since both still rock, I listen to your solo songs and some demos you posted on your personal site before. I just can't wait for something new and will still support you guys in away you decide what to do

Also have a happy new years to all
January 04, 2008 07:43AM
awesome...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π