ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

publicity?

Posted by redria7 

publicity?
January 13, 2008 03:19PM
My current experience is that I don't know anyone else in Houston that has heard of Nine Days other than Absolutely. However, if Nine Days managed to get a song on guitar hero, I'm sure they would get some serious attention. Would that be selling out, is it a good idea, or is it even possible?

You should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
Re: publicity?
January 13, 2008 03:50PM
I've wondered if sending a burned CD with some tracks from SML P1 to an indie alternative radio station would be worth it.

-Bryce, Utah
January 14, 2008 05:08AM
I think the guitar hero or rock band game would definately boost their popularity. There are a bunch of bonus songs on guitar hero from bands I had never heard of , but after playing them I looked more into a few of them
January 14, 2008 05:53AM
Delhomme wrote:

> I think the guitar hero or rock band game would definately
> boost their popularity. There are a bunch of bonus songs on
> guitar hero from bands I had never heard of , but after playing
> them I looked more into a few of them

like who???
January 14, 2008 12:30PM
I liked the bonus song from the kaiser chiefs called "Ruby" I had never heard of them before. There was also another one on there, I can't think of the name right now that I liked
January 16, 2008 09:18AM
The only way that game would be any good at all is if it was all Nine Days songs. My boyfriend is obsessed with the game and it's driving me absolutely insane.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
January 16, 2008 12:51PM
Its not really the songs that matter when you play, it's the fact that you feel like you're playing a guitar...but you do notice when a song is good. I'm on the verge of buying at least 5 songs from the game.
January 16, 2008 02:13PM
I don't understand the thing. For the money it costs and the time people spend on it they really could learn to actually play guitar.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 17, 2008 11:30AM
its much easier to play the video game than to play the real thing.

the video game doesnt make your fingers bleed, does it?
January 17, 2008 11:39AM
I dunno - I've gotten sore from Guitar Hero but my fingers have never bled playing guitar. Power chords are just as easy as the game. Power chords + any Green Day song = easy as pie.

-Bryce, Utah
January 17, 2008 12:13PM
I don't know about a difference in difficulty, but can you compete with thousands of people from all over the world and have a good way of seeing who plays better with a real guitar?

You should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
January 17, 2008 01:12PM
So I've been playing the guitar for so many years now, and when I first played Garage Band at my friend's place, a few hours later, I found myself in 'Expert' mode.

The level of difficulty in playing:
> rhythm guitar VS guitar hero (one could maybe say more or less the same)
> classical guitar or lead guitar VS guitar hero (WAY! different)

(oh and playing classical guitar on a steel string guitar, yeah I've bled before)

The trick I found with guitar hero is NOT to associate each color or button with a finger (just know what fret you want to hit, and doesn't matter with which finger) also it's so much more fun when you slide back and forth with just one finger playing guitar hero.

But I totally agree, go and learn the real thing, it's more impressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π