Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newer music update 10/27

Posted by johnhampson 

Newer music update 10/27
October 27, 2008 12:29PM
Hey all,

Happy Autumn. God, I love this time of year. Ok, so yes - the album isnt out yet. No surprise. I have 10 songs 100% finished, mixed and ready to be pressed and uploaded. BUT, I also have 3 newer songs that I am very much convinced need to be on this record. I know I am a throwback, but I still believe in a record as a cohesive "set." It needs to make sense with itself. The newer songs seem, to me at least, to make the record as a whole much greater than the sum of its parts. I also intended to leave "Good With Nothing More" off this record because it didn't seem to fit. Ironically, with the newer songs, it now fits. So, I am finishing four more songs, probably remove a few of the 10 that are now finished, sequence the record so it is at its best - then put it out. The songs that don't make the record will be put out as bonus downloads or something - I won't hold them hostage.

Thanksgiving, I am hoping. "Shiny New Album" and "Chinese Democracy" can battle it out for #1 on Billboard. You decide.

PS - There are a few shows coming up so check them out.

John
Re: Newer music update 10/27
October 27, 2008 04:05PM
Thanks for the update, John! I'm excited for all the tunes! I didn't realize Guns N Roses were coming out with a new CD...
Can't wait for the shows. Hope you guys come to Utah for some nutty reason... grinning smiley

-Bryce, Utah
October 27, 2008 06:32PM
Really excited about the new album, my cd deck in my car is so thirsting for something new... and shiny may do just that. Glad to hear that there are loads of tunes! I now really can't wait to get the CD!!!

October 28, 2008 03:33AM
John,

With all due respect, if you have enough songs ready to go for a CD, I think you should just go ahead right now. You can then think of the new songs as the start of another album. Some of us are dying to buy your new stuff right now.

Does anyone else share my view on this? Three more songs to record and mix and then you go into the holiday season and then you are talking about a March release before you know it.

Rock on!
October 28, 2008 08:06AM
An album is a collective whole though, and we've waited a while, what's another two months that make it a complete statement? And at least I prefer to have as much on a cd as opposed to random mp3 files floating around on my computer.

Post Edited (10-28-08 17:06)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
JPG
October 28, 2008 01:08PM
Can't wait to hear them man, if possible to have a sample of the new songs or something grinning smiley
October 28, 2008 05:25PM
i just can't wait to buy it and put it into my car's cd deck!

October 29, 2008 07:36AM
John, you do what you need to do. I'll be waiting as patiently as I can.

~KT

"you should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
October 29, 2008 12:07PM
Well...i don't have any experience of making a music, much less than a CD that all the musics on it make sence...so i will go with what you john will do. In my opinion, 'Good With Nothing More' sholuld be on this CD! i don't know realy what is you vicion about this CD John, but so you say that this CD can battle for #1 on Billboard, this song should not be off.

I can wait for a few months to release the CD if you think that can be better with the newer songs...but is a fact that i will buy this CD...even i've been livin in Brazil

PS:i'm sorry about the english...i'ts been a while that i don't wrote something in english...
October 29, 2008 12:16PM
outch!
when i wrote 'vicion' it's means 'vision'
October 29, 2008 01:20PM
awesome to hear John. can't wait to hear it in it's glory

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
November 06, 2008 11:13PM
well, my money is on "shiny new album" for #1....
duh.

i was actually just wondering about all of this the other day...wondering when, if ever, i would have my shiny new music in my little paws....thanksgiving he says....awesome. november is a great month for new music smiling smiley

Thanks for the update smiling smiley see ya soon!

rachel......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π