ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

John Hampson - Throwback Thursdays MP3

Posted by JoeShih 

John Hampson - Throwback Thursdays MP3
October 02, 2012 04:46PM
So apparently, recently John has been uploading to his site MP3s of re-recorded old-unused songs.

So far 5...

Throwback Thursday #5: "From A Hospital Bed"
Throwback Thursday #4: "Just Like That"
Throwback Thursday #3: "Ain't Got Me"
Throwback Thursday #2: "Nothing Better"
Throwback Thursday #1: "As Long As It Takes"

Source: http://www.johnhampson.com/fr_isaidthat.cfm

I could only find the download of two of them. Does anyone have the #2, #3, #4? I would like to archive them on ninedaysMORE for the future...
Re: John Hampson - Throwback Thursdays MP3
October 02, 2012 08:31PM
I have them
October 02, 2012 09:15PM
So do I. I can put them on dl.free.fr, if you want.
October 03, 2012 02:56AM
can you email them to me? admin@ninedaysmore.com
October 03, 2012 07:10AM
I'll email them to you today.
October 03, 2012 07:19AM
awesome, thanks. I'll start throwing them on the site so others can access who are too late to download them.
October 03, 2012 04:52PM
Done. But I can't find "Just Like That" confused smiley

Maybe I deleted it ?!

joesmo can you help ?
October 03, 2012 11:51PM
yeah i'll send it to him
October 03, 2012 11:56PM
just sent it to ya joe!
October 04, 2012 02:43AM
Thanks, I got them. I'll throw them up soon!
October 04, 2012 03:25AM
Done. They have been posted in Throwback Thursdays.
October 04, 2012 07:01AM
thumbs up

And 3 more ! " Different Dreams (demo)", " Good, Wrong Things" and " So Unfair". Didn't listen to them yet. Is "So unfair" the same than here ?
October 04, 2012 10:07AM
Ok great. I downloaded those too. I listened and it seems the same as this one: So Unfair.mp3. However, I like this one So Unfair (8trk).mp3 much much better.
October 05, 2012 05:28AM
John just added the demo Good With Nothing More !

My Fat Wallet is no more listenable (?). But we now have The Wilderness (Acoustic) !
I know these 2 songs are not free downloads, but I can send them to you, joe, if you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 05:32AM by Derje Boven.
October 05, 2012 01:29PM
I loveeeee"Good with Nothing More"!!!!! I need to download that now! grinning smiley

I will listen to "The Wilderness". Maybe it will be on the next album so I will wait to buy it. But if it never turns up again for sale, yes, send it to me later when it is no longer available.
November 08, 2012 09:01PM
John Hamspon
"Brand New Me" 2009. I originally recorded this song in 2005 for Hollywood Records, but they passed on me as a 'solo' artist because they already had Josh Kelly and Jesse McCartney....weird. The song ended up on ninedays "Slow Motion Life" album, but a friend of mine at a label asked me to re-record it again in 2009 - he thought it was a hit - and then I went and added some weird guitars (Charlie Drannbauer plays some AWESOME stuff on this version!) and a trumpet...I love it, but this version is not a hit. Anyway, enjoy!
November 09, 2012 03:23PM
Brand New Me (Charlie part) is up under the Throwback Thursdays 2012 folder.

Wow, it's such a different sound and the bridge is different.

I actually prefer the old old original demo version the best... I love the line "...follow in your will that'll get there for you (?), sorry if I talk too much and bore you..."

At least I think that's the lyrics...

That song and another I had a question about the lyrics for that had gone unanswered for the longest time. The other was "Beautiful" from the SHU album, not sure if the line is actually, "You're beautiful just like mary's son (?) you spin around me like the earth to the sun"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 03:26PM by JoeShih.
Stella (Alternate Version -2008)
November 27, 2012 05:57AM
John Hamspon
This is an alternate (but original!) version of "Stella" from Shiny New Album. This is the first version I had mixed, but it just seemed too...something. So I re-recorded most of the song but kept the original vocals and built around them. Listening to this version now, I really like it! I like the extra 2 lines in the second pre-chorus that I edited out of the album version; I love the strings and funky organ stuff that Jeremy played; I also love the cool guitar stuff that Sean Power played at the end of the song. This might be a superior version of the song....Jeremy was not happy that I scrapped this version - maybe he was right....enjoy!
November 28, 2012 12:48AM
Thanks, Derje, as always. I will archive "Stella (Alternative Version" soon! =)
Undertow
December 07, 2012 05:47AM
John Hampson
"Undertow" (acoustic demo 2002) - This is a song that I wrote right as ninedays was supposed to release "So Happily Unsatisfied". I was trying to form a new band with Dan Garvin (drummer for SR-71), Charlie Drannbauer, Jeremy Dean and Scottyrock. I wanted to call it Buckner after the baseball player Bill Buckner. We did a bunch of rehearsals and writing sessions but never finished any full recordings. I like this song -but I am singing very "angsty". I still thought I was a rock singer. I also remember tracking this with Dan Garvin at a studio on Long Island and the engineer writing "Under Toe" as the title...funny stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π