Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

the mess that was the Vanderbilt.

Posted by johnhampson 

the mess that was the Vanderbilt.
June 17, 2003 12:12AM
all,

Brian, Nick and I arrived at the Vanderbilt to be greeted by news that the show was now 21 and over...as of THAT night...the Palmer Grill may very well have had a good reason and a mixup with WLIR for changing the policy, but they have no excuse for the extremely poor way the went about handling it...i'm sure it had everything to do with their liquor license and the fact that a younger audience was not going to to spend alot money on food and drinks... the WLIR people were apologetic and trying their best to help out, but there was nothing they could do to help...i will say that not ALL of the Palmer Grill staff were rude, but the ones that were more than made up for the ones that werent...if it werent for our good friend Harlan who runs this weekly show for WLIR i would tell EVERYONE to avoid that place like the plauge...we will NEVER play there again...sorry to those who made the trip for nothing.

ninedays

Re: the mess that was the Vanderbilt.
June 17, 2003 01:19AM
Yeah the staff at palmers for the most part sucked last night and the whole 18/21 mix up was really shitty. But, on a positive note the show was awesome and most of you at least got to hear it on the radio. If you didn't I taped it and Lou is gonna make it into an mp3 so you guys will be able to at least listen to it soon.

Sorry to those who got turned away...that's so shitty and if that was me i'd be fuming too. Sorry again.

~MeLiSsA
June 17, 2003 01:23AM
Aww, John. the 30 minute trip wasn't really for nothing. I know I personally ended up having fun hiding in Erin's car in the parking lot of the 'bilt, and then back at Erin's house to listen to your guys on the radio. Although I must say I'm very depressed that you ended up actually playing Another Day for the girl, and I wasn't there to hear it. *sob* You best be playing it again sometime soon! yawning smileyP

~lori~
June 17, 2003 03:52AM
ugh how annoying im getting all mad just reading abt this nite

please everyone goto the nj fair show john said he wants an "nd mosh pit"

ok jk he didnt but stiiiiill
there are trains i think from the city right to the giants stadium
so goooooooooooooooo

thank you
June 17, 2003 03:58AM
what is the deal with the show in Jersey?

What do we know about it?
June 17, 2003 04:58AM
Wow, I was supposed to bring my 11 yr. old daughter and her friend to the show, from eastern L.I. no less!!!
So, r the "Vanderbilt" shows a thing of the past, replaced by these Palmer morons?
Maybe u guys can do a Bald hill show this summer so we don't have to worry about age restrictions.
June 17, 2003 05:09AM
I just spoke with a John at LIR, regarding how screwed up the Palmers thing was last night. He was so incredibly nice about it, and I explained exactly how nasty the people at Palmers were to us, and he was in TOTAL shock over it. He took down my name and cell #, and he's going to call Palmers and see if anything can be done about it. I doubt anything could be done, but I'm really happy that people from LIR are just as pissed with the place as we are. Even if nothing could be done, its just good to know that Palmers is going to know how upset the station is as well.

~lori~
June 17, 2003 06:25AM
John, thank you.
I am sorry that this "venue" gave such a negative impression of the band to people, but thankfully we are all fans who understand that this was strictly Palmer's (not ND or LIR...Harlan tried to help get us in with no avail) decision. What really set me off was how they spoke to us...if they wanted some respect, I want some back. I am an adult...don't treat me like an illiterate child.

And i LOVE how www.palmersli.com STILL says 18+.

But thanks John and Brian and Nick for speaking out on this and doing what you can! :-)

Love,
~Erin~
June 17, 2003 08:57AM
i had a good time !!! lol , don't worry u only missed one of the best 9days shows i've seen !!!
June 17, 2003 11:12AM
Is the .mp3 available yet? smiling smiley

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 17, 2003 11:13AM
i think mandy and i are hitting up the nj show somehow (even if we have to take the train) because i had SERIOUS fun at it last year and she lurves nd like whoa.
come out ppl, dont make us be the only ones.

and uh yeah anything at the PLAINVIEW ESTABLISHMENT (whatever you want to call it) has sucked since late 01. i miss old skool bilt.. holleeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr.
June 17, 2003 12:30PM
Well, I had fun after in the parking lot!

AND CHILL WITH THE MP3 THING.
June 17, 2003 12:31PM
theNiGhTopus wrote:

> Well, I had fun after in the parking lot!
>
> AND CHILL WITH THE MP3 THING.
me too thanks erin,mandy and kelli !!!
June 17, 2003 01:29PM
::peeks out from behind a corner::

new jersey show??

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
June 17, 2003 04:24PM
June 17, 2003 10:14PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π