ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Summer Concerts

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Summer Concerts
June 20, 2003 10:03AM
I know you all probably thought I was going to ask if Nine Days was having any, but no, this is different.

What I'm gonna ask is if any of you have plans to go to any concerts over the summer. Or if you've already been to any. I would love to go to a Nine Daysone but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Haha, then, I'm going to the American Idol tour. Pathetic, eh? Ohhhh well. I adore Clay Aiken, and some of the others aren't too bad either, smiling smiley. So it should be a good time. And that's all I've got planned, concert wise, for the summer. smiling smiley

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
Re: Summer Concerts
June 20, 2003 12:42PM
i just went to switchfoot last night, and that was one of the best shows ive ever been to. i just love it when the band so obviously love being in your town playing for you. and the crowd interaction was incredible. then im going to train/the thorns/edwin mccain in three weeks. and im going to try to go to ben folds/tori amos, dave matthews band, john mayer/counting crows/graham colton, and three doors down/our lady peace too. and im really considering the justin/christina tour as well.

and heather, if i could i would totally go to the american idol tour too.
June 20, 2003 12:52PM
Haha, why don't you?

June 20, 2003 01:28PM
EEEE! Another Clay fan. I *adore* you. Weeeeee, Clay. YAY.

~lori~
June 20, 2003 01:32PM
Yes, Clay's the greatest, smiling smiley. I'm so excited for the concert.

June 20, 2003 02:01PM
i like the fat black dude..

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 20, 2003 02:42PM
oh alan, such political correctness.

I'm soo excited for the concert as well. I'm attempting to convince a friend of his (long story how we met, her name's Suzanne, she's a doll, she was in the audience for motown night and the finale, definitely a friend of his) to come up to NY and go with me to the show. It'll be sooo much fun. Heh. I'm dying to see Clay and Kim Locke. <333 those two.

~lori~
June 20, 2003 03:21PM
I like caldwell.. super hot.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 20, 2003 05:02PM
I might go to the Downtown on July 17th.....not sure yet....
June 20, 2003 08:44PM
well heather, the reason i cant go to american idol tour is none of my friends would be caught dead there. so my only other option is my sister, but unfortunately her boyfriend, who she always assumes is invited to all that she is invited to, works during the week. so since he cant go, she cant go.

and concerts are no fun alone.
June 21, 2003 03:16AM
im going to glastonbury in like a week and im soooooooooooooooooo excited!
June 21, 2003 05:27AM
eh summer shows are looking weak.
im seeing nd with mandy this week, then i might check out the eve6/stage tour (although prob not, ill be in CT.. but you all should go), maybe warped tour, fountains of wayne, coheed & cambria (if it doesnt sell out soon), onelinedrawing, army of me, mae?

thats about it, sadly.
June 21, 2003 07:43AM
im goin to see reef, electric 6 and the thrills

June 21, 2003 10:05AM
I'm taking my dad next week to see Norah Jones at the PNC Bank Arts Center in New Jersey ... also gonna try to get to Mulcahy's in Wantagh on August 5 to see the Gin Blossoms.
June 21, 2003 10:39AM
Mmm...Clay. I voted for Clay all night, but alas, it wasnt enough sad smiley

&quot;Breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me...&quot;
June 21, 2003 11:34AM
Yeah, I tried voting for him many times but alas, did not get through any of the times. Ohhh well. But anyway, I think it's awesome that his single is the second best selling ever, after Candle in the Wind. smiling smiley

&quot;It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along&quot;
June 21, 2003 01:42PM
Hmm... it is looking weak... like steph said.

July 11- Jonny Lang (David Lee Roth is also playing that night at the same festival so I will have to check that out... sponsored by vh1 classic. of course.)
July 17- Train/Matt Nathanson
August 29- July for Kings (i hope...)
Hopefully some ninedays.
Hopefully some Vertical Horizon.
And i pray to god something else. this is just sad.

Colleen

June 22, 2003 01:06AM
oh its all about clay...

concerts:
6/20: dave matthews band
7/9: pearl jam (possiblyyyyyy)
8/1: american idol tour (hehe)
8/25: dave matthews band
8/26: john mayer & counting crows
9/5: dave matthews band

i think i have it all down... hopefully i can throw in a couple of nine days in there... maybe a downtown show and then village pub... woo woo... anyway... yeah, definitely tried to vote for clay... definitely didnt happen... oh well... whoever said they were seeing matt nathanson: you are awesome!

heather

*Every moment is a memory on and on until eternity*
June 22, 2003 03:12AM
mmm just saw ben harper and jack johnson last night, maybe a littl eeve6/stage... yay steph army of me

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
June 22, 2003 08:40AM
WARPED TOUR! I'm so pumped. well at least i think i'm going. not sure just yet. gotta check w. my freinds, make sure they got the money to get the tix, and gotta get the tix soon lol.

s [insanesanity]
June 22, 2003 10:10AM
*basks in the clay love*

you all are my new favorite people. yay.

~lori~
June 22, 2003 03:59PM
I'm going to the Matchbox Twenty show next tuesday....

can't wait!

*~*~*~*~*~*
Monica D.

www.drowninword.com &lt;- now my graphics site!

June 23, 2003 02:58AM
i have to represent ruben...bc im from the 205. HAH but im not goin to that show. i dont care for anyone there. but i will tell you who i cant wait to see this summer..

HANSON.

hell yeah. their acoustic tour is going to rock my world. thanks winking smiley

oh and i wanna see NINEDAYS really bad too.

...you carry your blues behind your eyes...
June 23, 2003 04:05AM
awwww....how was jack???

I wanted to go so bad, but i'm up in the adirondacks. He's been playing a day or two after i've been places. It gets me so mad.

I want to see him : (.

~MeLiSsA
June 23, 2003 04:51AM
Im toying with the idea of seeing this band.

You guys probably won't recognize the name of the band, but you know their popular single from 2 summers ago..

You remember that song..."This is a story of a girl...who cried a river and drowned...."

Yeah..see I told you you'd know them. Anyway..they are called Nine Days and they are playing in Jersey this week..

They are great musicians and good people too...yall should come down and check them out....I think you'll like them......

Post Edited (06-23-03 13:51)
June 23, 2003 08:11AM
wasnt it 3 summers ago now?

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
June 23, 2003 12:03PM
i'm going to see a kick ass band wednesday night at the viper room called steadman....

www.steadman.co.uk

Post Edited (06-23-03 21:22)

rachel......
June 23, 2003 01:00PM
STEADMAN...i heard them on my radio stations like ' mellow' show on sunday mornings. i really liked them and i couldnt find their website! GRACIAS!

...you carry your blues behind your eyes...
June 23, 2003 03:35PM
*sigh*

Post Edited (06-24-03 00:40)

rachel......
June 27, 2003 02:41PM
TROUBLE PLAYING AT CUBBY BEAR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π