Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: WLIR Acoustic Show
July 30, 2003 05:10AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
July 30, 2003 05:38AM
I think the major problem is, Genesis, that you have a tendency to love all things Brian, and no matter what everything John does is sub-par. It's not that all of us go "OMG OMG that was AMAZING." I'll admit, John sounded like crap during that show. Brian didn't sound all that hot either. And even referring to other threads and whatnot...you automatically seem to think in the Survivor threads that because people vote off a Brian song its specifically because its a song written by Brian. Maybe others just don't enjoy said song for reasons *other* than it being a Brian song? I know that on TMC I personally enjoy John's songs more than Brian's, but on SHU Ocean and Marvelous are my absolute favorites.

I dunno, did this make sense at all? I'm functioning on like, 4 hours sleep, thats it, so yeah...it may not make sense, but there is a point to this, i swear! LoL.

~lori~
July 30, 2003 05:59AM
July 30, 2003 09:53AM
<<< the Survivor threads that because people vote off a Brian song its specifically because its a song written by Brian">>>

wait,were not ???? oh well have to change my vote's then!!!!
July 30, 2003 01:30PM
I'm gonna keep this semi-short and sweet.

For those of you who know anything about me, you will know that I am one of the LAST people to go praising Nine Days like they are gods and failing to point out anything that is a fault of theirs. Believe me, I do not hold back on my opinion of Nine Days and most people are fully aware of this (including the band. i've ragged on them on videotape in fact hun). It's cool.

The thing is, I have enough respect for this band and what they do that I do not feel the need to go into vast detail about every little flaw in one's guitar playing and crack in one's voice...especially on a board where the band's biggest fans post and the band members themselves lurk. It's called common courtesy and respect. This band works extremely hard to put out the best music and performance possible for the fans to enjoy and for you to nit pick them like that when I highly doubt you could do anything nearly as decent at any point. Yeah, the radio performance wasn't their best, but hey, they weren't feeling well but they still went through with it and did their best! A lot of others would have probably cancelled or played it safe and done more bland songs...instead Brian and John went out on a limb. You don't need to go nuts on them. Like I said, you aren't on the radio yourself doing this...I think honestly if you were in their position and someone said at some points you were "pretty painful" to listen to, you would feel a little hurt. It's just NOT cool to do. I'm not saying you have to go "OMG NINE DAYS RULES LYKE WhOA GO GO GO!!!" because that isn't cool either, but have respect for the guys and just say "not bad, but I didn't feel it was their best performance," and leave it at that. Again, have some respect. This band works VERY hard to make people like YOU happy. You're pretty lucky you were even able to hear that thing considering you don't even live on Long Island...so count your blessings and calm down.

Nine Days isn't anything to go "ga ga" over, but then again, neither are you.

Love,
~Erin~
July 30, 2003 10:10PM
July 31, 2003 01:50PM
we'll toast in your honor, genesis.
July 31, 2003 08:46PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π