ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stroke 9

Posted by elynaj 

Stroke 9
June 30, 2003 02:47PM
hey, just wondering if any of you are Stroke 9 fans also? I have been tryin to get to their site all week now with no luck. Just wondering if any one has info on what is going on. I'm curious to see if their record company shut it down or its something w/ the band. Thanks!

Although I cannot fly, I'm not content to crawl.
Re: Stroke 9
June 30, 2003 05:10PM
ah, the same thing happened for me.
i'm somewhat freaking out because
1) i've heard NOTHING about breaking up.
2) i thought they were gonna make another great nlt-esque album.
3) stroke9<3

but their record company went bankrupt or something, i think, so hopefully that is it.

and i just saw them mid-may and they did NOT look/sound like they were going to break up.

xo. hilary
__i find hope and it gives me rest. (hanson.net)
July 01, 2003 02:00AM
I have no clue whats been going on...
I can't die happy untill i see stroke 9 in concert!!! They need to come back to the north east soon!!!
July 01, 2003 03:33PM
Wow I didn't hear anything about their record company going bankrupt. Universal is a huge company...but they do pretty much suck when it comes to supporting Stroke 9. I emailed Luke and asked him about it last week but he hasn't replied:-(

July 01, 2003 04:13PM
well, i dont know if they actually went bankrupt, i just heard they were having some problems, and they (s9) might get dropped, etc.

i dunno.
but they can't break up.
they won't. =)

xo. hilary
July 01, 2003 04:41PM
Their record company did not go bankrupt, however their A&R was fired, and as Greg said, that person is the one that is on the band's side. Universal did a poor job in promoting Rip It Off and therefore sales weren't great. I believe that the boys are now searching for a new record company, but I still don't know what's up with the website. It's kind of messed up, however, you can still access the message board if you go there directly: http://boards.stroke-nine.com

It would be great if one of the guys would post on there to inform us as to what the hell is up. They have a show at the end of July, and hopefully I'll be able to get some information out of them.

They're great...I think they'll always be making music even of they decide to give up with big record companies.

Has anyone ever seen Luke, John and Greg play with Keith from Vertical Horizon as Boys Gone Wild? Those are some good shows!!

Ok, time to shut up.
July 02, 2003 02:38AM
they gave themselves a name? heh. no, but i'd love to see ANYTHING involving stroke 9 and acoustic.

----------------------------------------------
&amp;&amp;the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&amp;&amp;
July 02, 2003 11:18AM
me, too.
and they should play "california."
=)

xo. hilary
July 02, 2003 05:13PM
Thanks for the help..i didn't know I could reach their message board w/o the rest of the site. Yahhhh...I have some sense of balance now. smiling smiley you guys rock!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π